Are you eligible? Aussies are now getting health insurance coverage for as low as $3.22 per day thanks to little-known government rebates!

We all know that the cost of living is getting more and more expensive, and when you’re on a limited budget or fixed income, it can become difficult to pay for expenses like health insurance* – especially when premiums seem to be going up and up.

In 2023 alone, the industry average health insurance premium increase was 2.90%*. Worse yet, if you’re with one of the big five – BUPA, Medibank, HCF, nib and HBF – the 2023 average premium increase was 3.38%*.

But did you know the government offers significant rebates* that could significantly reduce what you pay each month?

That’s right: depending on your age, income level, marital status, and cover history, you could be eligible for a rebate of up to 32.8%*. In some cases, this rebate can bring the cost of a combined hospital & extras policy down to under $23/week (or $3.22 per day!)*.

2023-2024 income thresholds (1).jpg
Image Credit: SDC

Health insurance from just a few dollars a day – what’s the catch?

This isn’t magic or a ‘scam’ – it’s actually incredibly simple! Just choose what types of cover are important to you* (e.g. hip and knee replacements, dental, and optical) and what cover isn’t (e.g. pregnancy, IVF, and orthodontics). By doing this, you can save hundreds of dollars per year*.

Speaking on the subject, Andrew Davis, Co-CEO of Compare Club said*: ‘Over the years, I’ve spoken to hundreds of hardworking Australians who were unknowingly paying for cover they didn’t need.’

'It’s not at all uncommon to speak to people in their 50s, 60s, and beyond, who are still paying for things like pregnancy cover, orthodontics, and IVF'. he continued*.

How to save
Compare Club can help* you compare multiple health insurers, cover options and pricing all in one place. Their service can save you time, but the biggest benefit for most is how much money you can save off your yearly premiums*, especially when health insurance premiums aren’t the only thing increasing in cost! Compare Club* can help you find health insurance that is more affordable and better suited to your needs*.

Why Compare Club?*
You get the peace of mind that comes with working with trusted professionals who have the years of experience* needed to navigate the complicated health insurance system and keep you from any further confusion. For example, many Aussies worry about not being with ‘one of the big five’ when there is no such thing as a ‘dodgy’ health fund in Australia, as the industry is heavily governed.

How do we know they’re trusted? They’re one of our long-term partners* with whom we have personally compared health insurers! You can read about Maddie’s experience here*.

The team at Compare Club* will make sure you have the health cover you need while paying a price you’re comfortable with*.

So, if you’re sick of endlessly researching health insurers, are looking to save money or simply find cover better suited to your needs, Compare Club is ready to help*.

So why not reach out to Compare Club today and find out if you’re eligible for any government rebates? It’s worth comparing your health insurance* to see if you can save money.

You won’t lose anything by comparing; you only stand to save*! After all, if you don’t like the quote you receive from Compare Club*, you don’t have to do anything.

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!

Sponsored
For years now my internet and mobile providers have never appeared on any comparison website . When others call i just ask can you beat $59 unlimitted 50mbs , CLICK :cool: . can you beat unlimited with 25gb data for $23 , CLICK .Love to hear if anyone has better deal . Not much difference in power so will change when ever i get bored or if they sound like they want a chat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.don,t even know who i,m with this week 😁😁🤣🤣😍 Have not had healthcare for 25 years .I reckon i,m miles in front 😂😂😍
In front money-wise, yes. I hope your health is going well now. Who knows what health issues any of us have in store for tomorrow. I hope you don’t fall victim.

It's always great to know about opportunities for cost savings, especially when it comes to something as important as health coverage.
For our fellow Aussies reading this, it's worth considering your options and checking if you're eligible for government rebates to reduce your health insurance costs. It's a smart move to compare different insurers and find a plan that suits your needs while being budget-friendly.
«And hey, if you're looking for more financial peace of mind, you might want to explore life insurance plans and quotes as well. It's all about making informed choices to secure your health and future.
You can even use the link purecover.co.uk to explore more insurance options.

Last edited:
Reactions: IAN3005
It's always great to know about opportunities for cost savings, especially when it comes to something as important as health coverage.
I was paying for the highest cover when I had my stroke and 3 heart attacks and nothing was deducted from the account..... gave it a miss and saved myself $000,000

Several NBN retailers offer a $20 or so reduction for the first 6 months. I flit around them and get 50MBPS for just over $50/month. Dodo offer it for first time and RETURNING customers.

We all know that the cost of living is getting more and more expensive, and when you’re on a limited budget or fixed income, it can become difficult to pay for expenses like health insurance* – especially when premiums seem to be going up and up.

In 2023 alone, the industry average health insurance premium increase was 2.90%*. Worse yet, if you’re with one of the big five – BUPA, Medibank, HCF, nib and HBF – the 2023 average premium increase was 3.38%*.

But did you know the government offers significant rebates* that could significantly reduce what you pay each month?

That’s right: depending on your age, income level, marital status, and cover history, you could be eligible for a rebate of up to 32.8%*. In some cases, this rebate can bring the cost of a combined hospital & extras policy down to under $23/week (or $3.22 per day!)*.

View attachment 33428
Image Credit: SDC

Health insurance from just a few dollars a day – what’s the catch?

This isn’t magic or a ‘scam’ – it’s actually incredibly simple! Just choose what types of cover are important to you* (e.g. hip and knee replacements, dental, and optical) and what cover isn’t (e.g. pregnancy, IVF, and orthodontics). By doing this, you can save hundreds of dollars per year*.

Speaking on the subject, Andrew Davis, Co-CEO of Compare Club said*: ‘Over the years, I’ve spoken to hundreds of hardworking Australians who were unknowingly paying for cover they didn’t need.’

'It’s not at all uncommon to speak to people in their 50s, 60s, and beyond, who are still paying for things like pregnancy cover, orthodontics, and IVF'. he continued*.

How to save
Compare Club can help* you compare multiple health insurers, cover options and pricing all in one place. Their service can save you time, but the biggest benefit for most is how much money you can save off your yearly premiums*, especially when health insurance premiums aren’t the only thing increasing in cost! Compare Club* can help you find health insurance that is more affordable and better suited to your needs*.

Why Compare Club?*
You get the peace of mind that comes with working with trusted professionals who have the years of experience* needed to navigate the complicated health insurance system and keep you from any further confusion. For example, many Aussies worry about not being with ‘one of the big five’ when there is no such thing as a ‘dodgy’ health fund in Australia, as the industry is heavily governed.

How do we know they’re trusted? They’re one of our long-term partners* with whom we have personally compared health insurers! You can read about Maddie’s experience here*.

The team at Compare Club* will make sure you have the health cover you need while paying a price you’re comfortable with*.

So, if you’re sick of endlessly researching health insurers, are looking to save money or simply find cover better suited to your needs, Compare Club is ready to help*.

So why not reach out to Compare Club today and find out if you’re eligible for any government rebates? It’s worth comparing your health insurance* to see if you can save money.

You won’t lose anything by comparing; you only stand to save*! After all, if you don’t like the quote you receive from Compare Club*, you don’t have to do anything.

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!
I received a call from lady to compare insurance. I organised fid a call back in Jan. When she called back I wasn't ready and told her however she just kept talking. Next thing I was speaking to broker who in 25 minutes found be a better policy but wanted me to change immediately. I said no I needed to read the information. He emailed it. He said I should sign up and if I didn't like what I read I had 28 days to cancel. I said I wasn't signing up until I read it. He said he would call me the next morning. I later sent a message to let him know I would be out and I would call him. He then sent me a rude email asking what was my problem and it didn't take that long to read the information. Obviously he didn't get commission until I signed up.
Policy was good but I won't go through him due to his poor attitude
He came from Compare Club.
Nowhere on their site to complain.

I received a call from lady to compare insurance. I organised fid a call back in Jan. When she called back I wasn't ready and told her however she just kept talking. Next thing I was speaking to broker who in 25 minutes found be a better policy but wanted me to change immediately. I said no I needed to read the information. He emailed it. He said I should sign up and if I didn't like what I read I had 28 days to cancel. I said I wasn't signing up until I read it. He said he would call me the next morning. I later sent a message to let him know I would be out and I would call him. He then sent me a rude email asking what was my problem and it didn't take that long to read the information. Obviously he didn't get commission until I signed up.
Policy was good but I won't go through him due to his poor attitude
He came from Compare Club.
Nowhere on their site to complain.
I've always believed their site to be a scam.... I had just pressed the enter button on their electricity alternate supplier when the phone rang with them wanting me to swap suppliers......

Having read all the above replies can I please advise you to NOT upload your complete accounts to ANY of these sites. This is an easy way for strangers on the internet to get your personal information. Black out or cut off or cover up any information on these pages where it says your name, address, phone numbers, etc.
Same goes when you are throwing out old bills (or new ones). Cut off or completely obliterate any personal information on those papers. It's good to recycle the paper just make sure to completely destroy any personal information.
If you want to get information from a comparison site, upload the papers with the identifying information unavailable. If the comparison site doesn't accept this then you know they are dodgy. They might not be using your information directly but it's likely they're selling it on to someone else. Don't let them try to tell you it's essential they have this information. It is not.

Reactions: IAN3005
Having read all the above replies can I please advise you to NOT upload your complete accounts to ANY of these sites. This is an easy way for strangers on the internet to get your personal information. Black out or cut off or cover up any information on these pages where it says your name, address, phone numbers, etc.
Same goes when you are throwing out old bills (or new ones). Cut off or completely obliterate any personal information on those papers. It's good to recycle the paper just make sure to completely destroy any personal information.
If you want to get information from a comparison site, upload the papers with the identifying information unavailable. If the comparison site doesn't accept this then you know they are dodgy. They might not be using your information directly but it's likely they're selling it on to someone else. Don't let them try to tell you it's essential they have this information. It is not.
Well advised. When you cut up a plastic card be sure that you dispose of the two halves in different garbage.

Reactions: Senor
at $3.22 per day adds up to $1175.30. That is still too much for pensioners to pay. And when you are covered one still has to pay at least $500 for a stay in hospital and probably don't get back the full amount of costs because of the gap. Pensioners look forward to the day when there is no gap, no hospital fees, and much cheaper to join medical cover.

Reactions: JYCTA and IAN3005
at $3.22 per day adds up to $1175.30. That is still too much for pensioners to pay. And when you are covered one still has to pay at least $500 for a stay in hospital and probably don't get back the full amount of costs because of the gap. Pensioners look forward to the day when there is no gap, no hospital fees, and much cheaper to join medical cover.
The day that hell freezes over will that ever happen

Reactions: johno cpfc
For years now my internet and mobile providers have never appeared on any comparison website . When others call i just ask can you beat $59 unlimitted 50mbs , CLICK :cool: . can you beat unlimited with 25gb data for $23 , CLICK .Love to hear if anyone has better deal . Not much difference in power so will change when ever i get bored or if they sound like they want a chat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.don,t even know who i,m with this week 😁😁🤣🤣😍 Have not had healthcare for 25 years .I reckon i,m miles in front 😂😂😍
Would like to hear about internet provider?

Sounds wonderful and traaa laaaa lah until you look at rebate vs out of pocket expenses. Latest claim I saw was for a Chiro fee where the fund repaid $25 for a $75 bill. Rebates mean b***all when the claim is so measly. That's why we had to stop private health cover. Even with a Government rebate,the end will not justify the means.
We are told if you can't afford full cover. At least get top hospital. We cancelled our $2,000 a year extras as it really wasn't worth it. It cut out on $270 for physio, 2 free glasses a year. Standard frames are as low as $39.00 a pair, my prescription. Dental visits are now once a year I don't often need anything except scale & clean. We are still in front with not paying for the extras. We still have top hospital just incase we need that.

Reactions: MariaG
The heading said Rebates but there is only one which is a repeat health insurance compare market.

Look on the service nsw website , all the rebates are up there .

That's not a saving on top of the 30 percent the government cover now that is a company that compares costs so as long as you're with a health fund where you select what you want to be covered for you should already be getting the lowest cost but the amounts you are showing are for very basic cover I have been through the compare mob they can never match HCF
I agree with you, I have been with HCF for many years, They are the best!

That's not a saving on top of the 30 percent the government cover now that is a company that compares costs so as long as you're with a health fund where you select what you want to be covered for you should already be getting the lowest cost but the amounts you are showing are for very basic cover I have been through the compare mob they can never match HCF
I read your post this morning, I had been with HCF over 30yrs. I changed to another provider over 4 yrs ago. Because off you post I decided to check in on HCF again. I have just rejoined HCF, better cover and I saved $20 a month. Thank you for reminding me, I can now also use the dental clinic again. 💐💐

I did - and they were helpful, knowledgeable, courteous, and it was a pleasure dealing with them. Coming from overseas to live here, trying to understand the Australian system was very confusing and I needed help from A -Z. They were very patient and helped me a lot.