Are you eligible? Aussies are now getting health insurance coverage for as low as $3.22 per day thanks to little-known government rebates!

We all know that the cost of living is getting more and more expensive, and when you’re on a limited budget or fixed income, it can become difficult to pay for expenses like health insurance* – especially when premiums seem to be going up and up.

In 2023 alone, the industry average health insurance premium increase was 2.90%*. Worse yet, if you’re with one of the big five – BUPA, Medibank, HCF, nib and HBF – the 2023 average premium increase was 3.38%*.

But did you know the government offers significant rebates* that could significantly reduce what you pay each month?

That’s right: depending on your age, income level, marital status, and cover history, you could be eligible for a rebate of up to 32.8%*. In some cases, this rebate can bring the cost of a combined hospital & extras policy down to under $23/week (or $3.22 per day!)*.

2023-2024 income thresholds (1).jpg
Image Credit: SDC

Health insurance from just a few dollars a day – what’s the catch?

This isn’t magic or a ‘scam’ – it’s actually incredibly simple! Just choose what types of cover are important to you* (e.g. hip and knee replacements, dental, and optical) and what cover isn’t (e.g. pregnancy, IVF, and orthodontics). By doing this, you can save hundreds of dollars per year*.

Speaking on the subject, Andrew Davis, Co-CEO of Compare Club said*: ‘Over the years, I’ve spoken to hundreds of hardworking Australians who were unknowingly paying for cover they didn’t need.’

'It’s not at all uncommon to speak to people in their 50s, 60s, and beyond, who are still paying for things like pregnancy cover, orthodontics, and IVF'. he continued*.

How to save
Compare Club can help* you compare multiple health insurers, cover options and pricing all in one place. Their service can save you time, but the biggest benefit for most is how much money you can save off your yearly premiums*, especially when health insurance premiums aren’t the only thing increasing in cost! Compare Club* can help you find health insurance that is more affordable and better suited to your needs*.

Why Compare Club?*
You get the peace of mind that comes with working with trusted professionals who have the years of experience* needed to navigate the complicated health insurance system and keep you from any further confusion. For example, many Aussies worry about not being with ‘one of the big five’ when there is no such thing as a ‘dodgy’ health fund in Australia, as the industry is heavily governed.

How do we know they’re trusted? They’re one of our long-term partners* with whom we have personally compared health insurers! You can read about Maddie’s experience here*.

The team at Compare Club* will make sure you have the health cover you need while paying a price you’re comfortable with*.

So, if you’re sick of endlessly researching health insurers, are looking to save money or simply find cover better suited to your needs, Compare Club is ready to help*.

So why not reach out to Compare Club today and find out if you’re eligible for any government rebates? It’s worth comparing your health insurance* to see if you can save money.

You won’t lose anything by comparing; you only stand to save*! After all, if you don’t like the quote you receive from Compare Club*, you don’t have to do anything.

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!

Sponsored
If you join a health fund as a senior you will pay the 33% loading

If you join a health fund over there age of 30 you pay the loading , there is no way out . Once you have been continually in a health fund for 10 years plus it will then be removed.
This is why I don't have private health cover now. I had it when my children were living at home then stopped when I had health cover at work. Way too expensive now that I am retired.

Reactions: IAN3005
This is why I don't have private health cover now. I had it when my children were living at home then stopped when I had health cover at work. Way too expensive now that I am retired.
I got mine down from $348 to $65.. the next step is no PVT cover.

Did you know all the compare companies only give you price comparisons on the companies that pay them to give out their prices.
As soon as you even look at comparisons websites you will find they call you straight away and don't stop calling .

Comparison websites are not what you think they are , BEWARE

Less than $100 amonth for hospital + extra cover ... I don't think so !!!
I'm getting hospital cover plus extras for $67 a month.... was paying $348

I only tried compare once, they bombarded me with phone calls, just wouldn’t even give me time to think about any of their suggestions, kept hassling me to sign up over the phone straight away. It took a couple of months before they stopped ringing me, even though I kept saying don’t ring anymore. I don’t like pushy sales people and this was all I got from the compare callers. In the end I stopped answering any calls that could be from them and blocked all the numbers.

Reactions: Penny4
Good to let people know but this has been the case for a very long time.

For years now my internet and mobile providers have never appeared on any comparison website . When others call i just ask can you beat $59 unlimitted 50mbs , CLICK :cool: . can you beat unlimited with 25gb data for $23 , CLICK .Love to hear if anyone has better deal . Not much difference in power so will change when ever i get bored or if they sound like they want a chat :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:.don,t even know who i,m with this week 😁😁🤣🤣😍 Have not had healthcare for 25 years .I reckon i,m miles in front 😂😂😍
Powerwise, I am with Energy Australia, NSW, and they advertised 18% off, but You had to ring and ask for it. so now I am getting 18% off...

I don't think that Compare club can offer for $3.22/day Top hospital gold cover and extra cover that I have for a few dollars more and Bupa just advised that my premium for this year is a very modest $0.84/month injcrease
Compare club is just cheap advertising gimmick to get peopole to change their Medical fund so they can get their commision, they are not doing this to help pople , but purely to earn their money using ignorance of
people who may not be fully aware of cheap and glorified advertising tactics used

I don't think that Compare club can offer for $3.22/day Top hospital gold cover and extra cover that I have for a few dollars more and Bupa just advised that my premium for this year is a very modest $0.84/month injcrease
Compare club is just cheap advertising gimmick to get peopole to change their Medical fund so they can get their commision, they are not doing this to help pople , but purely to earn their money using ignorance of
people who may not be fully aware of cheap and glorified advertising tactics used
I won't touch them..... pestering phone calls constantly..... and the prices are not ultra-competitive enough....

Why are seniors required to pay for IVF and orthodontics and many pregnancy related issues and many other things which are no longer necessary, apparently you can't keep things like joint replacement, something a senior might need and not have IVF etc etc etc, health funds need to have a policy which is more usable for seniors

Why are seniors required to pay for IVF and orthodontics and many pregnancy related issues and many other things which are no longer necessary, apparently you can't keep things like joint replacement, something a senior might need and not have IVF etc etc etc, health funds need to have a policy which is more usable for seniors
Bloody ridiculous.....

Agree HCF is very good
That's not a saving on top of the 30 percent the... government cover now that is a company that compares costs so as long as you're with a health fund where you select what you want to be covered for you should already be getting the lowest cost but the amounts you are showing are for very basic cover I have been through the compare mob they can never match HCF

Did you know all the compare companies only give you price comparisons on the companies that pay them to give out their prices.
As soon as you even look at comparisons websites you will find they call you straight away and don't stop calling .

Comparison websites are not what you think they are , BEWARE

Less than $100 amonth for hospital + extra cover ... I don't think so !!!
If it sounds too good to be true it's to good to be true.

Reactions: Suzanne rose