DanielCroft

Dec 15, 2021
Anyone here a musician?

Was just curious to know if anyone here played music? Share some photos of you playing and tell us a bit about it eh?

I'll go first just to get things going! I am a drummer and I play in a few bands, particularly late 60s and early 70s blues-rock like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Ten Years After etc. However, I love a bit of everything!

51832629728_6c2f038ef7_b.jpg

This was me at a gig only 2 or so weeks ago pull a classic ugly drummer face! Excited to hear if any of you are big music lovers too! Don't be afraid to share, none of us bite and would love to see what you are passionate about!

Hey @DanielCroft! I'm a vocalist! :giggle:

273029378_4932633520139340_6972198071036159766_n.jpg

We used to do gigs in bars near my university before the pandemic hit. Nothing too crazy though! I tend to get shy when I'm on stage but I've always loved singing and playing the guitar growing up.

I really love Gregory Alan Isakov and I hope I can write music as good as he does one day. I occasionally share some of my original songs and covers on social media platforms when I have the extra time.

Really happy to see another fellow musician on here! 😄

• Love
Reactions: nickname
Was just curious to know if anyone here played music? Share some photos of you playing and tell us a bit about it eh?

I'll go first just to get things going! I am a drummer and I play in a few bands, particularly late 60s and early 70s blues-rock like Led Zeppelin, Deep Purple, Jimi Hendrix, Ten Years After etc. However, I love a bit of everything!

View attachment 1883

This was me at a gig only 2 or so weeks ago pull a classic ugly drummer face! Excited to hear if any of you are big music lovers too! Don't be afraid to share, none of us bite and would love to see what you are passionate about!
Rock on my man (y)(y)(y)

Played drums for over 40 years, mixed up with a couple of bands over the years but mainly for my own interests. Heavy rock, metal (Metallica esp.) anything with a beat. Bought an electonic kit a few years ago but hated it after playing acoustic all those years. Sold it, my spinal injuries got too bad I could no longer play.
Never really got involved with a band at any big level as I was right into my archery career and ust didn't have the time.

Ron Drumming 17.8.96.jpg

Ron drumming 1987.jpg

DSC_0645.JPG

Reactions: nickname
Played drums for over 40 years, mixed up with a couple of bands over the years but mainly for my own interests. Heavy rock, metal (Metallica esp.) anything with a beat. Bought an electonic kit a few years ago but hated it after playing acoustic all those years. Sold it, my spinal injuries got too bad I could no longer play.
Never really got involved with a band at any big level as I was right into my archery career and ust didn't have the time.

View attachment 1913

View attachment 1914

View attachment 1915
Your own enjoyment for your instrument(s) is the main thing. :cool:

These are all fantastic everyone! Awesome to see people jamming! I had a massive smile while looking at all of these! @SX2002 I love the finish on that Pearl Kit! White Marine Pearl is so classic

Just wanted the crew to know I wake up every morning and you guys put a smile on my face that otherwise wouldn’t be there. Your all heroes to me because a lot of seniors don’t have family anymore and otherwise lead a very lonely existence. I spend 24/7 in or on my bed due to back disability and as I said you guys just make me happy, so thankyou.

Just wanted the crew to know I wake up every morning and you guys put a smile on my face that otherwise wouldn’t be there. Your all heroes to me because a lot of seniors don’t have family anymore and otherwise lead a very lonely existence. I spend 24/7 in or on my bed due to back disability and as I said you guys just make me happy, so thankyou.
This just made me tear up. Sending over the tightest hugs! @Scooter !

@Maddie

• Love
Reactions: Maddison Dwyer
@Scooter I am so sorry to hear you're in bed 24/7 but I am so glad you're loving this community. Your comment has both broken my heart and made my day! This is one of the main reasons we started this community in the first place. Like @nickname has said, if we can all make someone's day, every day, than this is one special community. Every member is a hero to us, you've all made this possible and we love what we do ♥️

Reactions: DanielCroft