SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Jonathan Leane

Jonathan Leane

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 18, 2021
Angry Canberran shoppers teach an inconsiderate driver a lesson after they park across two spaces!

If there’s one thing we love to read, it’s a good revenge story! An incident in Canberra on Sunday morning sparked a few laughs and cries of triumph when angry shoppers took revenge on an inconsiderate driver.

An observer took to Reddit to share about how they found a black Jaguar parked directly in between two parking spots at the Belconnen Westfield, a local and busy shopping centre in Canberra.

45R4UDdcBqoEuvcGnbumZjmEfJrEEcyHxM0toZOzxhKrFOHVGoGqc2O9XqENZvUyIF2dIWTDcvH7rsXq_aEOST_X4aFlKO9l1VXHcHkwnE4S__zPCXLsQbd3b0UoK4fuwyWXdW3jFIL1xjQtgbUOvAo

A vehicle straddles across two parking spaces at Belconnen Westfield in Canberra on a Sunday morning. Credit: Reddit

Locals immediately took it upon themselves to inflict sweet revenge on the obnoxious driver by blocking the car with trolleys. The post shows pictures of the increasing number of trolleys that were used to block the black Jaguar, and all this took place in the span of only 30 minutes.

GyixUPtdhyTLupnsrLm9Tn0DkuryH11st4pybtS1zzn8Q2di6adMjJZ-z612fuixCVfv2CU-USSDkbiTNY0OABGR9pGzivEp_hD-8FKUySldvIHJ26JeRBkMI_hb4QhwRIUPYPAWOehoi60RhzbQAEQ

Canberrans play an inconvenient prank on the inconsiderate driver. Credit: Reddit

‘I love how petty Canberrans can be,' the original poster says on Reddit. In a matter of minutes, as many as five trolleys were strewn around the vehicle that Sunday morning to teach the inconsiderate driver a lesson.

SeGcJaR_LqFWjohgqqqx3ScFdMkeezEYM8ZGrbvM4CZdsXw6jQgMJunCaX6SOv9idt7mySFd9WvEEMY2GP3dcb-Tyx5pqoXSuqYkdLyb6E9qdecSdIsLzRwPH2l6SGdN5I7OlQIe1gwMdllNujJppqw

This prank was not enough to appease a few particularly irate social media users, with one suggesting that they should have tied a trolley to the car's doors to add to the driver’s misery.

Other users applauded the shoppers for their sweet act of revenge. 'The trolleys have been chained together, surrounding the Jaguar where it will remain for all eternity,' one of them joked.

Unfortunately, bad parking is an all-too-common sight these days.

Locals in the Northern Beaches of Sydney accused a driver of buying a car and a trailer in order to block others from finding a parking space. These accusations started with a note that read ‘Buying a trailer and car solely to block others from parking at the right of your driveway is inconsiderate - you have a double garage plus an empty car space.’

FILuDe6rdM2dgP_Ym1wdzXLCN1T2wkGqA7hET3wSzGfe0EBFgOo0AEZ2YFxQPYcBVpn3CeBSj4oBYZ4ayg_y7uEE81AfZixcIRU_1NiA_Jh96zSlZI70vUwhlhD-U5JqSjUL7LPTIcycJ0gOIeQzpJA

Angry locals in Sydney left notes on their neighbour’s Toyota. Credit: Mirror UK

The note continued on to read ‘This is a public road with a shortage of parking. If everybody acted the same there would be nowhere to park.’

However, this wasn’t the last note left on the vehicle. Three others quickly followed, even referencing each other, with one reading: ‘Agreed! You try driving around looking for parking after a long day at work.’

An additional handwritten follow-up in capital letters read ‘We agree! It would be great if we all work together as neighbours to make it easier for everyone to park close to their home.’

A fourth resident chimed in and jokingly wrote, 'Just here for the drama,’ with a hilarious drawing of a steaming cuppa to rub it in.

Do you think these drivers deserve to get their just desserts? What are some hilarious - and annoying - bad parking stories that you’ve come across? Share your stories with us below!

Last edited:
It is annoying when a driver takes up 2 spaces but I would never put trolleys around the car this could be a hazard to other cars or could damage the culprits car, even though they did an annoying thing no one deserves their car damaged.
Imagine if they had to leave the car in a hurry for an emergency.

Tapping a letter could remove paint. I would leave a letter under their windscreen wiper saying :

To The owner of this car.

Hopefully everything is OK, if it is and you just parked this way then please be more considerate Of others
Regards
The crippled person who missed out on the parking next to you

I was always taught 2 wrongs don't make a right

Last edited:
It is annoying when a driver takes up 2 spaces but I would never put trolleys around the car this could be a hazard to other cars or could damage the culprits car, even though they did an annoying thing no one deserves their car damaged.
Imagine if they had to leave the car in a hurry for an emergency.

Tapping a letter could remove paint. I would leave a letter under their windscreen wiper saying :

To The owner of this car.

Hopefully everything is OK, if it is and you just parked this way then please be more considerate Of others
Regards
The crippled person who missed out on the parking next to you

I was always taught 2 wrongs don't make a right
You HAVE to be kidding, what a weak response.

It is annoying when people park incorrectly but I do agree that street parking can be worse! In my suburb each household seems to have multiple cars and/or trucks. This means that large trucks, extra wide trailers & machinery such as bobcats & diggers line the streets. It’s like living in an industrial estate!

When nursing a terminally ill family member, I drove into the local shopping centre car park, planning to use the designated disabled parking, for which we had the correct card to display on the dashboard. As I approached the spot, a young fellow in a work utility accelerated past and swerved into the spot. I had no joy trying to have him park elsewhere; all I got in return was foul-mouthed abuse, all of this in earshot of the patrons of an adjacent cafe. He just walked away “to pick up his lunch”.
I quietly parked behind him; with the protective bollards along the footpath in front of him, he had nowhere to go.
I slowly lifted the patient’s wheelchair out of the trunk of the car, placed the guide wheels and the foot pads onto the chair and placed it near the passenger door of our car. I then got our empty shopping bags out of the boot and hung them on the wheelchair. By this stage the guy was becoming quite agitated, and loud.
We then slowly got the ill family member out of the car and into the wheelchair, covered her legs with a rug, and generally move with absolutely no haste. I then wheeled her to the covered area of the footpath next to a cafe patron who offered to stay with her while I moved my car.
By this stage the guy was trying to convince me that he was going to lose his job if he couldn’t get back to work. At the same time, the cafe patrons had begun to ‘slow clap’ his antics. I took as long as possible to suggest that he not do this again - that there is actually a real reason for designated disability parking bays - and that the crowd watching would possibly always remember what a rude, belligerent person it is that drives that particular vehicle.
Then, I moved back so he could leave, then parked where he had been.
A most satisfying process.

It is annoying when people park incorrectly but I do agree that street parking can be worse! In my suburb each household seems to have multiple cars and/or trucks. This means that large trucks, extra wide trailers & machinery such as bobcats & diggers line the streets. It’s like living in an industrial estate!
Do you live in my street too!

Did anyone photograph this illegally parked vehicle, take it to the Centre Management and request a parking officer immediately attend and write up a Parking Ticket - or two ( illegally parked in two spaces)?
Management could hv listed this MV on a “barred” list or “to be watched” list for future rude arrogant anti-social
transgressions.

Did anyone photograph this illegally parked vehicle, take it to the Centre Management and request a parking officer immediately attend and write up a Parking Ticket - or two ( illegally parked in two spaces)?
Management could hv listed this MV on a “barred” list or “to be watched” list for future rude arrogant anti-social
transgressions.
That could only be done if they gave rego checking on every vehicle entering centre carpark!

Reactions: Ricci
When nursing a terminally ill family member, I drove into the local shopping centre car park, planning to use the designated disabled parking, for which we had the correct card to display on the dashboard. As I approached the spot, a young fellow in a work utility accelerated past and swerved into the spot. I had no joy trying to have him park elsewhere; all I got in return was foul-mouthed abuse, all of this in earshot of the patrons of an adjacent cafe. He just walked away “to pick up his lunch”.
I quietly parked behind him; with the protective bollards along the footpath in front of him, he had nowhere to go.
I slowly lifted the patient’s wheelchair out of the trunk of the car, placed the guide wheels and the foot pads onto the chair and placed it near the passenger door of our car. I then got our empty shopping bags out of the boot and hung them on the wheelchair. By this stage the guy was becoming quite agitated, and loud.
We then slowly got the ill family member out of the car and into the wheelchair, covered her legs with a rug, and generally move with absolutely no haste. I then wheeled her to the covered area of the footpath next to a cafe patron who offered to stay with her while I moved my car.
By this stage the guy was trying to convince me that he was going to lose his job if he couldn’t get back to work. At the same time, the cafe patrons had begun to ‘slow clap’ his antics. I took as long as possible to suggest that he not do this again - that there is actually a real reason for designated disability parking bays - and that the crowd watching would possibly always remember what a rude, belligerent person it is that drives that particular vehicle.
Then, I moved back so he could leave, then parked where he had been.
A most satisfying process.
I would have taken his number plate and reported him.

Hopefully you taught him a lesson

Reactions: Jennylolo and Ricci
I have never actually parked like this but have sometimes thought I should. Every time I come back to my car to see yet another scrape, nick or dent from someone banging their car door into mine. It makes me see red. Until I got my disabled parking sticker I used to park well away from shopping centre entry points but still some idiot would park right up close to me.:mad: