American in hot water after criticising iconic Aussie food: ‘A big crime.’

We have certain dishes that we hold dear to our hearts – one of which is fairy bread.

This buttered bread covered in hundreds and thousands (or sprinkles as the Americans call it) is an iconic Aussie snack.

But one American TikTok user criticised fairy bread on the social media app recently – and now it backfired on her.

Jessi Pasini loves to play pranks on her Italian husband Alessio, often recording his dramatic reactions and posting them on TikTok – which go viral.

Well, in a now-viral TikTok with over six million views, Jessi decided to make fairy bread for her husband.

fairybread.jpg
Alessio looks scared of the hundreds and thousands. Credit: thepasinis on TikTok

Jessi puts a plate with a piece of white bread on it (already buttered) and places another plate filled with colourful hundreds and thousands and presents it to him.

‘I already know what you’re going to do. You’re going to flip this [here] and eat it,’ Alessio said, looking horrified at the food combination before him.

‘Yeah! You want to do it?’ Jessi offers. Alessio half-screams ‘No!’ But that didn’t stop Jessi from flipping the piece of bread on top of the sprinkles and turning it right-side up again.

‘[This is] Fairy bread.’ She said before serving it to her husband.

‘Oh, this is a crime. It’s a big crime!’ Alessio laments as he takes a hesitant bite.

He immediately shakes his head and declares that fairy bread is a big ‘no’, and gags a little bit and looks offended as he says ‘the butter!’

Australians in the comments section defended the popular snack.

‘That is an Australian iconic staple dish sir. How dare you!’ Wrote one.

A second added: ‘Listen, mate. You should know I side with you like 99.99% of the time, but I will not have my culture disrespected like this!’

‘Fairy bread is top-tier!’ Another added in the comments.

A fourth chimed in: ‘Mate, that is an Australian delicacy, It’s a crime for you to diminish it.’

Others admitted they found fairy bread ‘disgusting’ and ‘nasty’.

You can watch the Pasinis’ video below:

‘I had an Australian friend who told me about this and I was horrified,’ shared one.

One user admitted: ‘I’ve never seen this done. It’s a no for me!’

This comes after another TikTok user, Alicia Dougherty, was slammed for butchering a simple fairy bread recipe.

The mum of 12, who posts under the name Dougherty Dozen, made fairy bread using Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead of butter – which disgusted many.

‘As an Australian, I’m both offended and disgusted by her actions in this video,’ said one in her comments section.

Another wrote: ‘How in the h*** could anyone f**k up fairy bread?’
Key Takeaways

• American TikToker Jessi Pasini and her husband Alessio have caused a heated debate after the latter declared fairy bread is ‘a big crime’ and was physically disgusted by the taste.
  • Many Australians have taken to social media to defend the popular snack.
  • While others have admitted that they find the idea of fairy bread to be ‘disgusting’ and ‘nasty’.
Well, dear members. Are you also ‘offended’ by Alessio’s reaction? Or do you think people are just overreacting? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section!

Sponsored
We have certain dishes that we hold dear to our hearts – one of which is fairy bread.

This buttered bread covered in hundreds and thousands (or sprinkles as the Americans call it) is an iconic Aussie snack.

But one American TikTok user criticised fairy bread on the social media app recently – and now it backfired on her.

Jessi Pasini loves to play pranks on her Italian husband Alessio, often recording his dramatic reactions and posting them on TikTok – which go viral.

Well, in a now-viral TikTok with over six million views, Jessi decided to make fairy bread for her husband.

View attachment 9127
Alessio looks scared of the hundreds and thousands. Credit: thepasinis on TikTok

Jessi puts a plate with a piece of white bread on it (already buttered) and places another plate filled with colourful hundreds and thousands and presents it to him.

‘I already know what you’re going to do. You’re going to flip this [here] and eat it,’ Alessio said, looking horrified at the food combination before him.

‘Yeah! You want to do it?’ Jessi offers. Alessio half-screams ‘No!’ But that didn’t stop Jessi from flipping the piece of bread on top of the sprinkles and turning it right-side up again.

‘Oh, this is a crime. It’s a big crime!’ Alessio laments as he takes a hesitant bite.

He immediately shakes his head and declares that fairy bread is a big ‘no’, and gags a little bit and looks offended as he says ‘the butter!’

A second added: ‘Listen, mate. You should know I side with you like 99.99% of the time, but I will not have my culture disrespected like this!’

A fourth chimed in: ‘Mate, that is an Australian delicacy, It’s a crime for you to diminish it.’

‘I had an Australian friend who told me about this and I was horrified,’ shared one.

This comes after another TikTok user, Alicia Dougherty, was slammed for butchering a simple fairy bread recipe.

The mum of 12, who posts under the name Dougherty Dozen, made fairy bread using Cinnamon Toast Crunch instead of butter – which disgusted many.

‘As an Australian, I’m both offended and disgusted by her actions in this video,’ said one in her comments section.

Key Takeaways

• American TikToker Jessi Pasini and her husband Alessio have caused a heated debate after the latter declared fairy bread is ‘a big crime’ and was physically disgusted by the taste.
  • While others have admitted that they find the idea of fairy bread to be ‘disgusting’ and ‘nasty’.
Well, dear members. Are you also ‘offended’ by Alessio’s reaction? Or do you think people are just overreacting? Share with us your thoughts in the comments section!

Fairy Bread forever 🥰

View attachment 9127

Key Takeaways

Fairy bread was a huge treat when I was a child. I consumed it as often as I could have it. Then I became a Mumma and my kidlet's also loved it. In fact my 40 yr old daughter knows when we have a family picnic or get together I will always supply the fairy bread, which she still loves today. The one thing that kills it is when silly people use margarine, gag cough splutter, instead of good butter.

Fairy bread is a party “must have “for children’s parties. I have seen it served up at adult parties and the comments are usually “ hey! Any more fairy bread? Every culture has their favourite foods .. Vegemite is another Aussie icon spread on buttered bread 👍👍

Fairy bread is a party “must have “for children’s parties. I have seen it served up at adult parties and the comments are usually “ hey! Any more fairy bread? Every culture has their favourite foods .. Vegemite is another Aussie icon spread on buttered bread 👍👍
Yeah...Naaah.
I can't come at either; have hated both for around 60 years. (My family have been here just on 200).

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci

View attachment 9127

Key Takeaways

It is a Australian children’s party 🎈 food for little kids. Although, you will find

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci

View attachment 9127

Key Takeaways

What's not to like about fairy bread ? However, maybe she was a bit too generous with the butter. Less butter does taste better. The husband needs to grow a pair. Poor petal.

• Haha
Reactions: Defiant540 and Zoya
Fairy bread was a huge treat when I was a child. I consumed it as often as I could have it. Then I became a Mumma and my kidlet's also loved it. In fact my 40 yr old daughter knows when we have a family picnic or get together I will always supply the fairy bread, which she still loves today. The one thing that kills it is when silly people use margarine, gag cough splutter, instead of good butter.
Duck River butter is a must for everything,,hate marg,,but anyway my family loved fairy bread,,a must at kids parties or just a snack,,never say no to fairy bread sandwich

View attachment 9127

Key Takeaways

I remember back in the sixties, we used a type of American that tasted more like cake than bread. For the life of me, I can't remember what it was called, but I think it had a woman's name in the title. And I'm sorry to say it was shite.

How do we know this is a prank? All these “pranks” are arranged by both of them, for sure. They are both in it!! That’s what people do on tiktok all the time, for rates 🤷🏻‍♀️
PRANK just ignore them and hope they go away.

Reactions: Zoya

View attachment 9127

Key Takeaways

What a pussy