Alert: Popular Asian cooking staple recalled over bacteria risks

Hey folks! We've got some important news to share with you regarding food safety.

If you've purchased Y&J Connect's K-mama enoki mushrooms 300g product from any independent food retailers or Asian grocery stores in Queensland, or in Lismore, NSW, it's crucial to check whether your product is affected by the recall.

The recall is due to concerns over the possible contamination of the product by Listeria monocytogenes bacteria. The affected product has a best-before date of June 3, 2023.

We want to stress the seriousness of this recall and the potential risks associated with consuming the affected product.

Screen Shot 2023-03-13 at 8.40.55 AM.png
Y&J Connect Pty Ltd is conducting a recall of K-mama Enoki Mushrooms (300g). Credit: FSANZ.

According to Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ), Listeria monocytogenes bacteria can cause a type of infection called listeriosis, which may lead to illness in vulnerable groups such as pregnant women and their unborn babies, the elderly, and individuals with a weakened immune system.

In severe cases, listeriosis can result in hospitalisation or even death, particularly if left untreated. We urge anyone who may have purchased the affected product to take immediate action and avoid consuming it.

What are the symptoms of listeriosis?

It's important to note that symptoms of listeriosis can vary from person to person. In some cases, symptoms may be mild, and in others, they may be more severe.

Common symptoms that may appear early on in listeriosis include fever, headache, tiredness, and aches and pains. However, as the infection progresses, it can lead to more serious health conditions such as meningitis and septicaemia.

If you are experiencing any of these symptoms and have reason to believe that you may have consumed the affected product, it's crucial that you seek medical attention right away.

The sooner you receive treatment, the better your chances of a full recovery so do not hesitate to reach out for help if you need it.

59cidLE2Vt8pqUuni2GUeqa3g5LCOaU1f_jUZeURD6wsBRV2hk8YQPaFz8Trpdx_CCl9YKy9tp645V_xwSaoxxFFGTjHmERW4IXd1amHtgjvDrQgMzwQpEkRPmsyQgowydl5e0gmhF_cnoFBbvuQTKk

If you have purchased the affected product, we strongly advise that you immediately return it to the place of purchase for a full refund. For any further inquiries or concerns, you can contact Y&J Connect directly at 07 3274 1700.

At times like this, it's essential to prioritise food safety, and we hope that this alert has raised awareness about the recalled product. We will continue to monitor the situation and provide updates as needed.

It's also important to note that food recalls do happen from time to time, and it's always a good idea to stay informed about them. You can find additional information on food recalls on the Food Standards Australia New Zealand (FSANZ) website and keep an eye out for future alerts.

Here are also some of the recent recalls reported by the team:
We care about the safety and well-being of our community, and we hope that everyone stays safe and healthy.

Sponsored
Seriously WHAT is going on with QUALITY CONTROL or don't we do that anymore, everyday there is something being recalled. Thank goodness I buy mainly fresh and wash it thoroughly, or grow my own as much as possible then I know exactly where it comes from and how it is grown Organically.

Seriously WHAT is going on with QUALITY CONTROL or don't we do that anymore, everyday there is something being recalled. Thank goodness I buy mainly fresh and wash it thoroughly, or grow my own as much as possible then I know exactly where it comes from and how it is grown Organically.
These are only the tip of the icebergs. Wonder how much goes unknown.

I totally agree!
There are way too many recalls these days! It is very disturbing

Organic is the BEST😋

It is best to wash all of your fruit and veggies that you don't have to peel the skin off; like capsicum peppers, berries, cherry's, etc in a solution of 1 part vinegar in 2 parts water for 20mins. This will remove the pesticides and herbicides.

• Love
Reactions: Petra