ALDI to offer smaller trolleys in all stores – a welcome move for customers

ALDI has finally listened to its customers and announced that it will be introducing smaller trolleys to all stores across Australia — a major change for shoppers!

The move comes after years of criticism from customers, who have complained that the large 212-litre carts (which are 1.1m high) are unsuitable for elderly, pregnant and shorter people.

The new trolleys will be a welcome relief for many Aldi shoppers, who will now be able to enjoy the convenience of a smaller trolley without having to worry about struggling to push it around the store.

An ALDI spokesperson confirmed the move, saying that the rollout of the "half-sized" trolleys aims to aid customers with their shopping.

The spokesperson said: “We recognise that customers are looking for greater convenience when they visit our stores, as it’s almost impossible not to pick up the excellent value products on offer.”

“That’s why we’re introducing smaller trolleys across all our locations, so our customers can more efficiently pick up products while doing smaller grocery shops.”

8uBo2q_OlIBKnTnXiXssne12RpQINKPUl3EdgeMp5uQt3kHa_X6jJ-I_WLQFN6dGD2jo-2sIobjGAkMKPeaIQPnswym9YXlnLp9KYJR642mU-1MK2bAdbqxzWyS5mx-1dtEGlyYaHublcgCF

ALDI has announced the introduction of new smaller trolleys in its stores. Credit: ALDI/7News.

One eagle-eyed Gold Coast customer claimed that she had already seen the new smaller trolleys being used at her local store.

The shopper, who shared the news on Facebook, wrote: “I went into my local ALDI and they have small trolleys like Woolies and Coles.”

Another customer supported this claim, saying: “I had a cashier tell me these were on their way. For reference, I’m 5’3” and pregnant with twins, so reaching into the trolley to load my groceries onto the checkout is a pain."

“The man came around and kindly helped me finish loading it all up and told me that I wouldn’t have to suffer too much longer as shorter trolleys were on their way.”

Other ALDI fans expressed their excitement over the arrival of the new smaller trolleys in their local stores.

One comment read: “I am only 5’2” & feel like a child pushing an adult trolley.”

“I fall in all the time or I have to get my taller kids to get the stuff out. I’m only 5’2”!” another added.

A third chimed in: “I’m a shorty, and very tired of bashing my boobs on the big trolleys!”

S83kVtRqmBt7I3nsOolQP70EGyWU3Ipqbkqdd4wWNBWFdOSrXgE-OfaEgQ1bWbQifDHtW-rdCav6uyMUNt0tOOhmuEZhUICxUgHrFS_-raofHb65qP9IJgKXhLRoaTxEZOhfkmJw5bCXYKvV

ALDI had been called out for years for having 1.1m high trolleys that were described as “made for giants”. Credit: 7News

It should be noted that ALDI has also recently introduced shopping baskets in its stores, allowing customers to carry their items around the store with ease without needing to use supplied coin-operated trolleys.

While the initiative has yet to fully materialise, we are definitely looking forward to this new major change!

How about you? What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it's high time (sorry, we can’t resist a good pun) for ALDI to introduce smaller trollies?

Sponsored
I will start to shop at Aldi now that I do not have to take a step with me. It was impossible to reach the goods in the big trolleys at 5ft and age 76 with Arthritis I stopped going there and got my groceries delivered from Woolies. instead.

ii

I'm thrilled about this as I usually go to Coles and get the small trolley, walk next door to ALDI to do my shopping. Where I shop, the 3 supermarkets are together and lots of people do what I do.

ALDI has finally listened to its customers and announced that it will be introducing smaller trolleys to all stores across Australia — a major change for shoppers!

The move comes after years of criticism from customers, who have complained that the large 212-litre carts (which are 1.1m high) are unsuitable for elderly, pregnant and shorter people.

The new trolleys will be a welcome relief for many Aldi shoppers, who will now be able to enjoy the convenience of a smaller trolley without having to worry about struggling to push it around the store.

An ALDI spokesperson confirmed the move, saying that the rollout of the "half-sized" trolleys aims to aid customers with their shopping.

The spokesperson said: “We recognise that customers are looking for greater convenience when they visit our stores, as it’s almost impossible not to pick up the excellent value products on offer.”

“That’s why we’re introducing smaller trolleys across all our locations, so our customers can more efficiently pick up products while doing smaller grocery shops.”

8uBo2q_OlIBKnTnXiXssne12RpQINKPUl3EdgeMp5uQt3kHa_X6jJ-I_WLQFN6dGD2jo-2sIobjGAkMKPeaIQPnswym9YXlnLp9KYJR642mU-1MK2bAdbqxzWyS5mx-1dtEGlyYaHublcgCF

ALDI has announced the introduction of new smaller trolleys in its stores. Credit: ALDI/7News.

One eagle-eyed Gold Coast customer claimed that she had already seen the new smaller trolleys being used at her local store.

The shopper, who shared the news on Facebook, wrote: “I went into my local ALDI and they have small trolleys like Woolies and Coles.”

Another customer supported this claim, saying: “I had a cashier tell me these were on their way. For reference, I’m 5’3” and pregnant with twins, so reaching into the trolley to load my groceries onto the checkout is a pain."

“The man came around and kindly helped me finish loading it all up and told me that I wouldn’t have to suffer too much longer as shorter trolleys were on their way.”

Other ALDI fans expressed their excitement over the arrival of the new smaller trolleys in their local stores.

One comment read: “I am only 5’2” & feel like a child pushing an adult trolley.”

“I fall in all the time or I have to get my taller kids to get the stuff out. I’m only 5’2”!” another added.

A third chimed in: “I’m a shorty, and very tired of bashing my boobs on the big trolleys!”

S83kVtRqmBt7I3nsOolQP70EGyWU3Ipqbkqdd4wWNBWFdOSrXgE-OfaEgQ1bWbQifDHtW-rdCav6uyMUNt0tOOhmuEZhUICxUgHrFS_-raofHb65qP9IJgKXhLRoaTxEZOhfkmJw5bCXYKvV

ALDI had been called out for years for having 1.1m high trolleys that were described as “made for giants”. Credit: 7News

It should be noted that ALDI has also recently introduced shopping baskets in its stores, allowing customers to carry their items around the store with ease without needing to use supplied coin-operated trolleys.

While the initiative has yet to fully materialise, we are definitely looking forward to this new major change!

How about you? What are your thoughts on this? Do you think it's high time (sorry, we can’t resist a good pun) for ALDI to introduce smaller trollies?
That’s great but when are Aldi coming to Tasmania?

Yay! I have only used a full sized Aldi Trolley once as I found it too big, heavy and unwieldy. I can't reach the bottom without scaling the outside and it's so embarrassing. I always used a small Woolies trolley from next door.

Reactions: Jennylolo

Yay.I was thrilled to hear about the new half size trolleys, Will you still have to use money or disc to get threm, hope so as at least the people that use them don't leave them all around the place, including car spaces. Good for you Aldi, a great addition for the shoppers. Jenni Campton

Reactions: Ricci and Jennylolo
I'm 5'1 however, as my nearest ALDI is approx. 100kls away, I only shop @3week times, I have 2 great grand children live with me,& my trolley is well & truly full, a smaller one will not fit all my goods in.

Reactions: Ricci

I am so happy. I have been shopping at a store that has a Coles store in the same complex so I can use their trolleys but it is not always convenient. Thank you so much for this change

Definitely! I did my back in reaching for my groceries once ! Could hardly move for a week. So very happy to see this. 😁

As another with short shanks, I’m pleased at the news. Sometimes I almost have to fall into the bigger trolley to get things out at the checkout!

You little beauty!! I've been with Aldi since the opening days (so much younger) & have always been loyal to the cause. Growing older yes, the larger one has always remained awkward to even the wood choppers strength, but always grateful to the wheels that rolled the right way...But now, when my walking becomes improved, with this new trolley I'll be in competition with Torvell & Dean. Bring it on. Thanks heaps. xx

Yaaasssss!