Aldi shopper brings a suitcase to the supermarket… for a ‘genius’ reason!

Doing the weekly grocery shop can be a dreaded chore – especially if you shop alone and don’t have someone with you to carry all the bags!

To those who bring along their cars when going to the supermarket, the trip on the way to the parking lot can be tiresome but at least they can use the trolleys to carry the groceries.

However, to those who are living within walking distance from their local supermarkets, the trip back home can be excruciating. It’s a long and often sweaty walk back home, with both of your arms being weighed down by several bags. That is, unless you make compromises with what you buy, and choose only those that are light enough to carry back home.

Thankfully for us, a UK student who has been shopping at Aldi for years has shared with us her ‘genius’ trick to make her weekly shops more bearable.

dFFnZoTZCe7d2NUyk-DcguYK_SJGB8VjCszRTvnUaFZOUG23Gxyefbg7bkMF6exW4askQAAGuF0kqIBpf-4O5JkVGBPgxwobNfd_xYafeBM2rdM_OYE6Yl7XZfKXoDfGnFlr_gZL

A uni student uses a suitcase to make her grocery shopping more bearable. Credit: TikTok/@lydiajaynem.
Lydia from Lancaster lives only minutes away from the nearest Aldi in her area.

In a video posted on TikTok with the caption “work smarter”, the uni student can be seen bringing a pink travel suitcase with wheels on her way to her weekly shop.

“Come to Aldi with me and my suitcase,” she wrote on the video text.

Then the video shows her doing her weekly shop, dragging along her suitcase inside the store along with a trolley full of groceries. She even got a few questioning looks inside the supermarket.

At the checkout, instead of having her groceries packed into bags, she packs them into her suitcase.

Once her items are all scanned and paid for, she simply closes the suitcase and drags it by the handle on her way home, saving her the hassle of having to carry the heavy groceries.

It was clear just how many people relate to the problem of having to carry several grocery bags, as Lydia’s video on TikTok clocked over half a million views in just a day!

Several users, with many of them being uni students, commented on how ‘genius’ the hack is, and how they are regretting not knowing this trick sooner.

One person wrote: “Honestly, this is genius because I still can’t drive and the weekly shop kills me off.”

A second user added: “I did this and was such a lifesaver!”

What an excellent hack! You folks can bet you’ll see us tugging along a suitcase on our next grocery run!

Are you looking to try this hack, too? Or do you have other tips that can make grocery shopping much easier? Share them with us in the comments below!

Sponsored
After shoulder surgery, with my arm in a sling, I couldn't drive for 2 months.
My other hand was used to operate my elbow crutch, so I was very restricted.
However, I was living within reasonable walking distance from the shopping centre.
Fortunately, I could wheel a small suitcase with my crutch hand whereas I couldn't carry a bag.

Doing the weekly grocery shop can be a dreaded chore – especially if you shop alone and don’t have someone with you to carry all the bags!

To those who bring along their cars when going to the supermarket, the trip on the way to the parking lot can be tiresome but at least they can use the trolleys to carry the groceries.

However, to those who are living within walking distance from their local supermarkets, the trip back home can be excruciating. It’s a long and often sweaty walk back home, with both of your arms being weighed down by several bags. That is, unless you make compromises with what you buy, and choose only those that are light enough to carry back home.

Thankfully for us, a UK student who has been shopping at Aldi for years has shared with us her ‘genius’ trick to make her weekly shops more bearable.

dFFnZoTZCe7d2NUyk-DcguYK_SJGB8VjCszRTvnUaFZOUG23Gxyefbg7bkMF6exW4askQAAGuF0kqIBpf-4O5JkVGBPgxwobNfd_xYafeBM2rdM_OYE6Yl7XZfKXoDfGnFlr_gZL

A uni student uses a suitcase to make her grocery shopping more bearable. Credit: TikTok/@lydiajaynem.

In a video posted on TikTok with the caption “work smarter”, the uni student can be seen bringing a pink travel suitcase with wheels on her way to her weekly shop.

Then the video shows her doing her weekly shop, dragging along her suitcase inside the store along with a trolley full of groceries. She even got a few questioning looks inside the supermarket.

At the checkout, instead of having her groceries packed into bags, she packs them into her suitcase.

Once her items are all scanned and paid for, she simply closes the suitcase and drags it by the handle on her way home, saving her the hassle of having to carry the heavy groceries.

It was clear just how many people relate to the problem of having to carry several grocery bags, as Lydia’s video on TikTok clocked over half a million views in just a day!

Several users, with many of them being uni students, commented on how ‘genius’ the hack is, and how they are regretting not knowing this trick sooner.

One person wrote: “Honestly, this is genius because I still can’t drive and the weekly shop kills me off.”

What an excellent hack! You folks can bet you’ll see us tugging along a suitcase on our next grocery run!

Are you looking to try this hack, too? Or do you have other tips that can make grocery shopping much easier? Share them with us in the comments below!

What a clever idea

Way back in the 70's after an accident I bought a shopping trolley, similar idea to suitcase on wheels, and it folded down which was handy for storage. Do they still make these I wonder?
Yes, they still do make them.....there are all metal ones or aluminium framed ones with fabric bags attached to the frames.
Very popular with public transport users.

Bags with shoulder straps carry heaps and leave your hands free - I’ve made dozens, thin strong fabric means they roll up small and can fit a few into handbag 🥸😏😊

I have a shopping trolley.I have had it for ever,I had it when I was very young and w would push the little one in the pram and pull the trolley with my other hand.I am now in my 70’s and still use it.

I use a shopping trolley (not from the shops) that I take everywhere when I shop Very handy at the markets .I used to call them grannies bag and now I am one ,,lol,