ALDI launches cheap Christmas Pudding that’s changing people’s minds: 'I quite like it'

Christmas pudding: it's a festive staple that tends to divide opinion.

Some people eagerly anticipate the rich, fruity dessert as the grand finale to their Christmas feast, while others would rather pass on the heavy, often overly sweet treat.

But what if there was a Christmas pudding so delectable, it could convert even the most ardent of critics?

This holiday season, ALDI has come up with a solution to the Christmas pudding conundrum.

ALDI’s Kringle and Co-branded pudding range now includes some non-fruit-based treats that are causing quite a stir.

Ws1rdBJq9ybfNlqvTsu-bxzCqgoUImbhjq788uu2e74_0gdXq_EYBan28-jaOA9hGSxR4gRm0oQQKGbEN1CGU22Vt4qqSk-NmDkCnT_nBiAjOlXS9aRBJyoEe3YliV8xa0rRhR4UjLTfOSV0VivuoEY

A taste test between Kringle and Co’s Pudding from ADLI revealed the most preferred flavour. Image source: ALDI.

In a rigorous taste test conducted by the 9Honey Kitchen team, one ALDI Christmas pudding emerged as a clear favourite, even winning over those who had previously sworn off the festive dessert.

Surprisingly, it wasn't ALDI's Plum Pudding that stole the show.

Instead, the spotlight was stolen by the Plum Pudding's more contemporary counterparts—the Chocolate Pudding and the Salted Caramel Pudding.

The star of the show was ALDI's Salted Caramel Pudding.

This sweet and savoury dessert was hailed as a 'refreshing alternative to traditional Christmas cake'.

One tester admitted: 'Went back for seconds, I'd eat a whole one for dessert.'

While another, who confessed to not usually liking caramel despite having a sweet tooth, was won over by the pudding's irresistible flavour saying, 'I quite like it!'

The Chocolate Pudding, not to be outdone with its lava cake-like texture, was also a hit among the taste testers.

'I have never once in my life enjoyed Christmas pudding on Christmas Day, but you'd buy a two-pack to share with your partner as an at-home Christmas treat,' one tester said.

Another praised the way the sauce soaked into the cake, creating a 'decadent' dessert that was a 'chocolate-lover's dream'.

Here's how the ALDI Christmas puddings ranked in the taste test:

1. Salted Caramel Pudding – $7.49 (500g)
2. Chocolate Pudding – $7.49 (500g)
3. Plum Pudding – $5.29 (700g)

This comes after ALDI released the 'Curated Collection' which is the supermarket’s award-winning luxury Christmas range.

It contains a selection of snacks and desserts under $5, making it perfect for those who want to bring home the taste of the holidays without breaking the bank.

Starting October 24, ALDI’s shelves will be stocked for eight weeks with various delicious treats associated with the season.

From beloved Mini Chocolate Cake Bombes to festive Fruit Cake, you can expect a plethora of options.

You can read more about this collection here.
Key Takeaways
  • ALDI's range of Christmas puddings has changed the minds of staunch Christmas pudding haters in a 9Honey Kitchen taste test.
  • The Christmas pudding that emerged as the favourite isn't the chain's Plum Pudding, but rather Kringle and Co’s Chocolate Pudding and Salted Caramel Pudding.
  • ALDI's Chocolate Pudding was compared to a lava cake and described as a 'chocolate-lover's dream'.
  • Ultimately, it was ALDI's Salted Caramel Pudding that emerged victorious in the taste test, even converting those who don't usually like caramel.
Members, are you a fan of pudding? Do you have your own recipe for pudding you’d like to share? Let us know in the comments below!

Attachments

• SDC Images (8).png
    SDC Images (8).png
    525.3 KB · Views: 0
Sponsored
Traditional Xmas pud is THE best!!! I make mine earlier in year so that it matures!! Yum!

Reactions: June E