ALDI employee warns of ‘hidden danger’ in the checkout conveyor belts

Who would’ve known that something as innocent as conveyor belts situated by supermarket checkouts could be harmful?

In response to a post on a popular Facebook group, one ALDI customer revealed that an employee urged her to avoid placing loose fruits and vegetables directly onto the conveyor belt.

She explained that the employee is a family relative, and they claimed that ALDI’s conveyor belts are only cleaned once daily. While they are disinfected every night, it could still pose a major risk of contaminating certain food items.

‘Tip from someone who has a family member working for ALDI,’ she wrote on the ALDI Mums Facebook page.

‘Never put your veggies directly on the conveyer belt because they only get cleaned once at night when the stores close. Raw meat juice almost always drips on them at some point during the day.’

Daal-09pq8QEtQO5ZQGOQjr-9a-mYbeX8Kx4SdPffoU3Iy-DzlXeY5Rd_alwJXKaDTByJTgBUM4yNCPigLLzDDNd9ZXVtKsUiEoj_1fOYG-Vtk1xvVzgvkv0ajTJcukG9GT3a8lO6oYp1V-wh9wbm6k

Uh oh! Don’t place your fresh produce directly on the conveyor belt! Source: LADbible

The supermarket giant always encourages all of the shoppers (whether or not they are shopping at ALDI) to wash their fresh produce before cooking or consuming them.

According to Food Safety News, while conveyor belts may look clean at first glance, they are actually a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Millions of shoppers place a wide range of products on conveyor belts every day, exposing food items and families to potentially harmful pathogens.

A study conducted at Michigan State University proved this claim when they found bacterial contamination on all of the supermarket conveyor belts they tested.

‘Another problem with checkout belts is that they are made of porous material. So even if you scrub them day and night, you can never get them fully clean. Replacing an old belt with a new one isn’t much help either as the new belt will be fully contaminated within six months.’ Food Safety News continued.

cfcAV35ZYuUw3mrJ4N3NBGc6VvGDGlgka_tvQPIVB7nX_e-jGzo_kEzsyIW1p0j30sOeuV4hkNMEC4HimiM0t40RghUIrFGgo3rHaXa9DGisPeI6VA3Efzms-Ov0Gbet7C8-o0iQ_xm3JysxgUkQ7Jo

Don’t forget to wash your fresh produce! Source: Modern Farmer

The ALDI shopper’s warning sparked a heated discussion among fellow members of the Facebook group, with one writing: ‘I’m sure that most people would wash vegetables before using them.’

But others disagreed, saying: ‘I never wash vegetables or fruit.’

‘Me neither.’ a third chimed.

Another supermarket employee claimed that always ensure the conveyor belts are well sanitised.

‘I work at Woolworths and I know that when we’re on checkouts we are always constantly cleaning the belt,’ they commented.

‘If a junior is on and I’m on, I definitely ask if they can do so. I hate when they look dirty as people put their food on them!’

What are your thoughts on ALDI’s ‘daily cleaning routine’? Are you guilty of placing your fresh produce on supermarket conveyor belts? Let us know in the comments!

Learn more about the dangers lurking at checkout conveyor belts by watching the video below:

Source: Good Armor

Sponsored
Who would’ve known that something as innocent as conveyor belts situated by supermarket checkouts could be harmful?

In response to a post on a popular Facebook group, one ALDI customer revealed that an employee urged her to avoid placing loose fruits and vegetables directly onto the conveyor belt.

She explained that the employee is a family relative, and they claimed that ALDI’s conveyor belts are only cleaned once daily. While they are disinfected every night, it could still pose a major risk of contaminating certain food items.

‘Tip from someone who has a family member working for ALDI,’ she wrote on the ALDI Mums Facebook page.

‘Never put your veggies directly on the conveyer belt because they only get cleaned once at night when the stores close. Raw meat juice almost always drips on them at some point during the day.’

Daal-09pq8QEtQO5ZQGOQjr-9a-mYbeX8Kx4SdPffoU3Iy-DzlXeY5Rd_alwJXKaDTByJTgBUM4yNCPigLLzDDNd9ZXVtKsUiEoj_1fOYG-Vtk1xvVzgvkv0ajTJcukG9GT3a8lO6oYp1V-wh9wbm6k

Uh oh! Don’t place your fresh produce directly on the conveyor belt! Source: LADbible

The supermarket giant always encourages all of the shoppers (whether or not they are shopping at ALDI) to wash their fresh produce before cooking or consuming them.

According to Food Safety News, while conveyor belts may look clean at first glance, they are actually a breeding ground for harmful bacteria. Millions of shoppers place a wide range of products on conveyor belts every day, exposing food items and families to potentially harmful pathogens.

A study conducted at Michigan State University proved this claim when they found bacterial contamination on all of the supermarket conveyor belts they tested.

‘Another problem with checkout belts is that they are made of porous material. So even if you scrub them day and night, you can never get them fully clean. Replacing an old belt with a new one isn’t much help either as the new belt will be fully contaminated within six months.’ Food Safety News continued.

cfcAV35ZYuUw3mrJ4N3NBGc6VvGDGlgka_tvQPIVB7nX_e-jGzo_kEzsyIW1p0j30sOeuV4hkNMEC4HimiM0t40RghUIrFGgo3rHaXa9DGisPeI6VA3Efzms-Ov0Gbet7C8-o0iQ_xm3JysxgUkQ7Jo

Don’t forget to wash your fresh produce! Source: Modern Farmer

The ALDI shopper’s warning sparked a heated discussion among fellow members of the Facebook group, with one writing: ‘I’m sure that most people would wash vegetables before using them.’

But others disagreed, saying: ‘I never wash vegetables or fruit.’

‘Me neither.’ a third chimed.

Another supermarket employee claimed that always ensure the conveyor belts are well sanitised.

‘I work at Woolworths and I know that when we’re on checkouts we are always constantly cleaning the belt,’ they commented.

‘If a junior is on and I’m on, I definitely ask if they can do so. I hate when they look dirty as people put their food on them!’

What are your thoughts on ALDI’s ‘daily cleaning routine’? Are you guilty of placing your fresh produce on supermarket conveyor belts? Let us know in the comments!

Learn more about the dangers lurking at checkout conveyor belts by watching the video below:

Source: Good Armor

OMG not another story on germs, I am so over it. Most sensible people wash their fruit and veg before using it so what is the problem?

I would never have thought of this. Lucky I put all my fruit n veg in plastic bags and always wash before use. Yep another germ story I do not want my daughter reading since covid she wipes every single item in her shopping bags before putting away I mean every single item. We need to be around germs so we can build a resistance to them.

I would never have thought of this. Lucky I put all my fruit n veg in plastic bags and always wash before use. Yep another germ story I do not want my daughter reading since covid she wipes every single item in her shopping bags before putting away I mean every single item. We need to be around germs so we can build a resistance to them.
My daughter the same all bags are put on the floor and then every item gets wiped all fruit veg gets washed anything brought into her house gets wiped or sprayed

My daughter the same all bags are put on the floor and then every item gets wiped all fruit veg gets washed anything brought into her house gets wiped or sprayed
I think it's a recipe for anxiety and OCD coming out in alot of people. My daughter has 3 young kids and she becomes exhausted from just putting groceries away

There are hidden dangers lurking everywhere. If we become that paranoid, we would never leave our homes, which also have hidden lurkings. Dont leave your bed, hidden lurkings. AAAGH. Just live your life and take care. And use common sense. The world is a grotty place, mainly because of us, so just deal with it.