SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
J

James Gutierrez

Administrator
Staff member
Oct 11, 2021
AIBU 22.03.2024

AIBU, which stands for 'Am I Being Unreasonable', is the perfect platform for sharing your thoughts and opinions! So, for today's AIBU discussion, we have this story from Reddit/lyingwifedog:

Am I being unreasonable for checking my husband's dashcam footage on his car without his consent?

'A woman (34) lives with her husband (37) and their daughter (7). Recently, she and her daughter went on a trip while her husband stayed back for work and to look after their dog.

During the trip, the husband called in distress, claiming their dog had run away. Suspicious but not wanting to accuse him, they returned home grieving. However, the husband seemed oddly unaffected.

Days later, an animal rescue was called from a neighbouring state, saying they had found the dog. The husband's reaction was odd and dismissive, claiming the dog must have been stolen.

While he was out, the wife checked his dashcam footage and discovered he had taken the dog far away and abandoned her. Confronted, he nonsensically claimed he did it for the dog's sake and later lashed out at his wife and daughter for discovering the truth.'

We're eager to hear your perspectives, members! Please, feel free to share your thoughts in the comments below.

divorce, divorce, divorce. Don"t want my dog, I don"t want you. Not only was it a rotten shitty thing to do he also abandoned the dog far away from home and left it to fend for itself. I hope he is soon to be her ex
Yeah what a prick.🙀my 2nd husband was like that but he killed my birds and cat while I was on holiday. Came home they were all gone he said the birds just dropped off the perch. Really 3 lorikeets all at once. Cat died of a broken heart missed me. Really after 3 days. I don’t think so. He was an animal hater I found out later and a shooter.buried them in the bush so I couldn’t find them in tassie this was.😿left him 5 years ago haven’t seen him since hope he fell on his own gun.🙀

Yeah what a prick.🙀my 2nd husband was like that but he killed my birds and cat while I was on holiday. Came home they were all gone he said the birds just dropped off the perch. Really 3 lorikeets all at once. Cat died of a broken heart missed me. Really after 3 days. I don’t think so. He was an animal hater I found out later and a shooter.buried them in the bush so I couldn’t find them in tassie this was.😿left him 5 years ago haven’t seen him since hope he fell on his own gun.🙀
Omg 😲 how lucky were you to get out of that The poor cat and birds.

Reactions: Gsr and Littleboy8
Omg 😲 how lucky were you to get out of that The poor cat and birds.
That’s not all after I left his best mate threatened to kill me because my ex said I was bashing him up.🙀hello whose got a permanent broken thumb thanks to him that 2 surgeons refuse to operate on even now.who was constantly at the hospital next door with bruises and broken bones.he was a drunken drug addicted bully but a charmer to everyone.😿that’s why my sisters came and bought me back to Melbourne I didn’t know what else to do. I was so lost and lonely and feared for my life😿

Take him somewhere far away and leave him there with no money, no wallet, no id, no keys, no phone and no way to get back (well not in a hurry anyway) and then go home and lock the doors. If he does at some later stage turn up he can't get in and she could pretend she doesn't know where he's been or cared about it.
Taste of his own medicine.

She checked because she did not trust him, I would not have bothered to check and would have trusted myself: there were too many red flags, and that means I would leave him promptly

That’s not all after I left his best mate threatened to kill me because my ex said I was bashing him up.🙀hello whose got a permanent broken thumb thanks to him that 2 surgeons refuse to operate on even now.who was constantly at the hospital next door with bruises and broken bones.he was a drunken drug addicted bully but a charmer to everyone.😿that’s why my sisters came and bought me back to Melbourne I didn’t know what else to do. I was so lost and lonely and feared for my life😿
That is so sad 😞 thank goodness for your sisters.
We have had suspicions that one of my daughters husband has been mentally abusing her. She has told us things but not too bad.
My youngest stay at hers a few days aweek on her days off uni to watch her daughter while my daughter works, she has seen little things. But she went on a 10 day cruise to New Zealand with them , they only returned yesterday and she said how she saw him treating my daughter was down right mean .
My granddaughter had an anaphylactic reaction, he had said they were over reacting and even stayed in their room while they ran to the medical centre screaming all the way.
My granddaughter was floppy and non responsive , lips went blue and skin whitish grey. An on board fire-fighter n his wife came to help. Once she arrived at the doctor she was given adrenalin and oxygen. My youngest daughter is a nurse and thought she had passed .
Again he said they were over reacting. The nurse, the doctor and another doctor who was a passenger and also raced to help said she was one very lucky girl.

My granddaughter is 2 and 9 months and is allergic to dairy, in a restaurant on board she was given vegan ice cream but looks like they gave her the wrong one. Her reaction happened 30 minutes later .

We have seen that her hubby is strange eg he has social anxiety. She has tried getting him help including counselling .

He is a very brave man knowing she has 5 very protective brothers and brother inlaws.

I hope he fixes himself up otherwise it's time my daughter comes home.

That is so sad 😞 thank goodness for your sisters.
We have had suspicions that one of my daughters husband has been mentally abusing her. She has told us things but not too bad.
My youngest stay at hers a few days aweek on her days off uni to watch her daughter while my daughter works, she has seen little things. But she went on a 10 day cruise to New Zealand with them , they only returned yesterday and she said how she saw him treating my daughter was down right mean .
My granddaughter had an anaphylactic reaction, he had said they were over reacting and even stayed in their room while they ran to the medical centre screaming all the way.
My granddaughter was floppy and non responsive , lips went blue and skin whitish grey. An on board fire-fighter n his wife came to help. Once she arrived at the doctor she was given adrenalin and oxygen. My youngest daughter is a nurse and thought she had passed .
Again he said they were over reacting. The nurse, the doctor and another doctor who was a passenger and also raced to help said she was one very lucky girl.

My granddaughter is 2 and 9 months and is allergic to dairy, in a restaurant on board she was given vegan ice cream but looks like they gave her the wrong one. Her reaction happened 30 minutes later .

We have seen that her hubby is strange eg he has social anxiety. She has tried getting him help including counselling .

He is a very brave man knowing she has 5 very protective brothers and brother inlaws.

I hope he fixes himself up otherwise it's time my daughter comes home.
please get you daughter and baby out of there before he kills them both. I put up with it for over 6 years and believe I got out just in time. Husband was in the Army and loved to yell " watch it bitch. You forget I'm a trained killer". This type of behaviour never changes.GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.

• Sad
Reactions: Littleboy8 and DLHM
please get you daughter and baby out of there before he kills them both. I put up with it for over 6 years and believe I got out just in time. Husband was in the Army and loved to yell " watch it bitch. You forget I'm a trained killer". This type of behaviour never changes.GOOD LUCK TO ALL OF YOU.
So true it never changes get out while you can.🙀

Kick that creep to the curb! If he ain't got no love in his heart for a poor defenseless pet then how the hell he gonna show love and affection to you and your daughter. In my opinion you be much better off without him.

Reactions: Littleboy8