SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Danielle G.

Danielle G.

Administrator
Staff member
Jul 23, 2024
AIBU 06.09.2024

AIBU, which stands for 'Am I Being Unreasonable', is the perfect platform for sharing your thoughts and opinions! So, for today's AIBU discussion, we have this story from Reddit/Happy-Way-801:

Am I being unreasonable for telling my roommate to go see a doctor over her farting?

'My new roommate is 35 and she has a problem of uncontrollable stinky farts every day. We share a small apartment. This has been going on for about 2 weeks, and today I asked her to seek medical advice about her chronic farting.'

'She says it’s a normal bodily function and uses the excuse that some foods/drinks cause her to have bad gas, but this is extreme and our apartment almost constantly smells like fart. I can’t stand it anymore. AIBU for telling her to see a doctor about this?'

• Wow
Reactions: janj and Dynamo
Some foods will cause excess gas especially if a person is not used to eating them. There are remedies without seeking a script from a doctor. Your local pharmacy has many over the counter remedies, for example, charcoal tablets is a good remedy that will reduce gas caused by unhappy gut bacteria. Perhaps if you buy some charcoal tablets and tactfully suggest she tries them. I do not think you are being unreasonable. Excess gas is just as offensive as bad breath or excess body odor. Taking up a few precautionary habits these can be overcome or at least reduced.

Last edited:
Well champ, I took it all in jest as was mine being a little bit harsh.

Keep smiling & watch out for all of those 'Pussies', they'll get you in trouble.

• Haha
Reactions: Kevin. A.