"Age is just a number," says 23-year-old man with 77-year-old wife

In today's day and age, it is not unusual for modern couples to have a huge age gap between them. What if, however, the age difference between the two of them is more than fifty years?

While some may think that this is not a concern, we think the vast majority of people would certainly at least raise an eyebrow (or two)...

Amelda and Gary Hardwick married in 2015, two weeks after meeting at the funeral of her son Robert. Gary was 17 at the time and had recently broken up with his 77-year-old partner, and Almeda was 71.

Even though they are 54 years apart in age, the two of them just celebrated their sixth wedding anniversary and are saying they have no regrets.

Z3Mpo_VSILc7_dklDl93JgyQski7cQjmZtiUKX9BjVDRepNxeVMQdgjb140zc5BjMoG57PX0Gsta5rkkOhJ6dQWGsfXpqAn9h018ODpYxVxcIrjDGxzt1AhDAnZZB2kSJrW0wd67UTX17Z1rfA

The two of them got married when Gary was 17 years old. Credit: Instagram/@garyandalmeda.

When asked about how the two began their relationship, Gary recalled Almeda telling him, "Look, I'm 71 and you're 17. Am I too old for you?" to which he replied, grinning: "Age is just a number."

On the same night, Gary surprised Almeda with red roses and a bracelet for her birthday which had been a few days before. Then, on a seat outside, in the moonlight, they had their first delicate kiss.

"It brought back memories of being a teenager," Almeda went on to add.

They began seeing each other every night after that and finally gained the approval of most friends and family, including Gary's mother Tammy, then 48, and his grandma Carolyn, aged 71.

Almeda and Gary married in a ceremony that he arranged in just six days. After marrying, the pair moved into Almeda’s house with one of her grandsons who is merely three years older than her new husband.

"I wasn't looking for a young man, but Gary just happened to come along," Almeda explained. "I just knew he was the one right away."

Despite several ups and downs (including Almeda's heart attack) and the harsh criticism they received from people, the pair is stronger than ever and admits that their intimate times are still wonderful.

ZQwiz8UsMkW-ZcUW1Pe9CaQVM95WvkUkgDaxruiWnWXU4NYZkmIshJ6L3Ay0b1hhQP4klOSmlvab0FQyeb462r8tARdNSSJ1BXw8ZgixrhWr04qzPS0GWswBeA9osIOBrvnOgyBWv7aSghvx6Q

They are looking forward to many years of happiness together. Credit: TikTok/@_garyandalmeda_.

The couple shared that they had sex for the first time during their wedding night, with the two of them describing it as a 'wonderful' experience.

"It was wonderful, beyond my wildest dreams," Gary admitted candidly in an interview with Fabulous Digital. "She truly is my dream woman, and our physical relationship couldn't be better."

During the couple's recent wedding anniversary, Gary posted a video on their TikTok account that featured a picture of the two of them every year since they first became engaged.

"So many more wonderful years to come," he wrote as the caption to the video.

What are your thoughts, folks?

Sponsored

In today's day and age, it is not unusual for modern couples to have a huge age gap between them. What if, however, the age difference between the two of them is more than fifty years?

While some may think that this is not a concern, we think the vast majority of people would certainly at least raise an eyebrow (or two)...

Amelda and Gary Hardwick married in 2015, two weeks after meeting at the funeral of her son Robert. Gary was 17 at the time and had recently broken up with his 77-year-old partner, and Almeda was 71.

Even though they are 54 years apart in age, the two of them just celebrated their sixth wedding anniversary and are saying they have no regrets.

Z3Mpo_VSILc7_dklDl93JgyQski7cQjmZtiUKX9BjVDRepNxeVMQdgjb140zc5BjMoG57PX0Gsta5rkkOhJ6dQWGsfXpqAn9h018ODpYxVxcIrjDGxzt1AhDAnZZB2kSJrW0wd67UTX17Z1rfA

The two of them got married when Gary was 17 years old. Credit: Instagram/@garyandalmeda.

When asked about how the two began their relationship, Gary recalled Almeda telling him, "Look, I'm 71 and you're 17. Am I too old for you?" to which he replied, grinning: "Age is just a number."

On the same night, Gary surprised Almeda with red roses and a bracelet for her birthday which had been a few days before. Then, on a seat outside, in the moonlight, they had their first delicate kiss.

They began seeing each other every night after that and finally gained the approval of most friends and family, including Gary's mother Tammy, then 48, and his grandma Carolyn, aged 71.

Almeda and Gary married in a ceremony that he arranged in just six days. After marrying, the pair moved into Almeda’s house with one of her grandsons who is merely three years older than her new husband.

"I wasn't looking for a young man, but Gary just happened to come along," Almeda explained. "I just knew he was the one right away."

Despite several ups and downs (including Almeda's heart attack) and the harsh criticism they received from people, the pair is stronger than ever and admits that their intimate times are still wonderful.

ZQwiz8UsMkW-ZcUW1Pe9CaQVM95WvkUkgDaxruiWnWXU4NYZkmIshJ6L3Ay0b1hhQP4klOSmlvab0FQyeb462r8tARdNSSJ1BXw8ZgixrhWr04qzPS0GWswBeA9osIOBrvnOgyBWv7aSghvx6Q

They are looking forward to many years of happiness together. Credit: TikTok/@_garyandalmeda_.

The couple shared that they had sex for the first time during their wedding night, with the two of them describing it as a 'wonderful' experience.

"It was wonderful, beyond my wildest dreams," Gary admitted candidly in an interview with Fabulous Digital. "She truly is my dream woman, and our physical relationship couldn't be better."

During the couple's recent wedding anniversary, Gary posted a video on their TikTok account that featured a picture of the two of them every year since they first became engaged.

Each to their own are we getting more people with a big age gap??🤔🇦🇺👍

Reactions: Aussie and Ricci

Good for them. I wish them every happiness for the rest of their lives. ........ BUT ???

Who are we to judge?? If they are happy, leave be and let them enjoy!!