Find a local VIEW group. We support the Smith Family while having luncheons with speakers and fabulous food, morning teas, outings and the Pine Rivers Group is known for its friendlines. Look around. 😊
I would also recommend a VIEW group. Great satisfaction making friends and fund raising. Usually plenty of outings, guest speakers, morning teas. Most I have been involved with are vert friendly.

I always said when I retired if I didn't have a serious hobby I wouldn't never retire I saw my dad just waste away watching telly he had no had no hobbies at all as it happens I did have a hobby I retired at 55 I am now 67 love doing my woodworking and I do a lot for charity no charge

Reactions: Jarred Santos
Try volunteering at a local Op-shop, they are usually always looking for help.
Join a 50's and over club if there is one in your area.
If finances allow find out where bingo games are held and join in the fun.
Join a local group......Lions, Country Women's Association (C.W.A.), Apex, Probus, Rotary.
If you like to read see if there is a Book Club.

Activities in my Area

Good morning

I live in Bundaberg Qld. I am 70 and fairly fit. Have recently drastically reduced my work hours and am at a bit of a loss on how to fill my days. Can only do so much house cleaning.

Finding it difficult to locate groups that might interest me. I am concerned of depression setting in if I am isolated for long periods of time.
I would like something to have a bit of a laugh and not just sit and eat all day.
Any ideas are welcome.
Cheers Rae
Try volunteering, join a craft group or a seniors group Walking groups are fun also. Good luck!

Activities in my Area

Good morning

I live in Bundaberg Qld. I am 70 and fairly fit. Have recently drastically reduced my work hours and am at a bit of a loss on how to fill my days. Can only do so much house cleaning.

Finding it difficult to locate groups that might interest me. I am concerned of depression setting in if I am isolated for long periods of time.
I would like something to have a bit of a laugh and not just sit and eat all day.
Any ideas are welcome.
Cheers Rae
Dear Rae

Have you thought about volunteering at an aged care facility or op shop, maybe Salvos or Vinnies. I'm sure you will meet lovely kind people who will become your friends.

Take care, your home must very clean!

Activities in my Area

Good morning

Any ideas are welcome.
Cheers Rae
Thank you, members! What heartwarming replies to read. Hopefully, Rae @wikgil finds a suggestion she can work with 🙏

I didn't realise that my suggestion was so similar to the previous replies which I did not read until after I made my response- I have been thinking about this since this morning. Great minds must think alike.

Activities in my Area

Good morning

Any ideas are welcome.
Cheers Rae
Volunteer with a charitable organization; set up a chicken pen for fresh eggs, and grow your own vegetables. That should keep you busy.

Activities in my Area

Good morning

Any ideas are welcome.
Cheers Rae

Hi there 🤗
There are Gardening clubs locally, also Libraries have great Book reviews and Authors speaking on their books Virtually or in person , there are also Groups who go on outings if you’re on an Aged care Package, online courses, or make the most of SDC games, quizzes , oe conversations, meet online people in the SDC like yourself
Good luck, stay positive
🐸🍀🤗🐶💛 Shoggle