Abandoned Ramsay Street: Eerie pictures show the 'nostalgic' Neighbours set left to rot

For many of us here at the Seniors Discount Club, soap operas have been a part of our lives for as long as we can remember. And while there have been plenty of great Aussie soaps over the years, one that definitely stands out is Neighbours.

It’s hard to believe that it’s already been four months since Aussie favourite Neighbours aired its final episode in July of this year…

And as we’re sure you all know, the show largely took place in the iconic cul-de-sac of Ramsay Street.

Despite the cast and crews being photographed as they shared their final moments of filming the series, the production office in Melbourne has yet to be cleared out.

64509237-11423987-image-a-1_1668383036243.jpg

In a corner, a cardboard cutout of Stefan Dennis' Paul Robinson is visible among storage bins and mannequins. Credit: SWNS.

Discarded props, including the well-known Ramsay Street signpost, act as forgotten symbols of the once-popular show that ended this year after spending a total of 37 years on the air.

Aside from the usual production props, such as the Waterhole pub and the Ramsay Street signpost itself, several personal items belonging to the show’s stars were also left behind.

Several of the photos shared by the SWNS showed some unusual sights at the set such personal belongings of the cast, including actress Georgie's Stone's dusty script and a cardboard cut-out of Paul Robinson, among many others.

Even the garden outside Lassiter's Hotel had yet to be cleared out. Some fans were quick to point out that it is ‘beyond sad’ that even the plants were left behind.

64509247-11423987-image-a-3_1668384055581.jpg

Georgie Stone's former script, which was now dusty, was also abandoned. Credit: SWNS.

64509305-11423987-image-a-7_1668384825298.jpg

Fans will probably be reminded of the 1988 episode when Charlene's caravan burst into flames. Credit: SWNS.

Although these behind-the-scenes photos of the abandoned set might be ‘sad’, they’re sure to trigger some bittersweet memories for the millions of Aussies that watched Neighbours for well over three decades.

The show was cancelled after Channel 5 declared in March that it will not renew its contract with production company Fremantle to produce and air the series.

Reactions: JayKay and Ricci
Sponsored
For many of us here at the Seniors Discount Club, soap operas have been a part of our lives for as long as we can remember. And while there have been plenty of great Aussie soaps over the years, one that definitely stands out is Neighbours.

It’s hard to believe that it’s already been four months since Aussie favourite Neighbours aired its final episode in July of this year…

And as we’re sure you all know, the show largely took place in the iconic cul-de-sac of Ramsay Street.

Despite the cast and crews being photographed as they shared their final moments of filming the series, the production office in Melbourne has yet to be cleared out.

In a corner, a cardboard cutout of Stefan Dennis' Paul Robinson is visible among storage bins and mannequins. Credit: SWNS.

Discarded props, including the well-known Ramsay Street signpost, act as forgotten symbols of the once-popular show that ended this year after spending a total of 37 years on the air.

Aside from the usual production props, such as the Waterhole pub and the Ramsay Street signpost itself, several personal items belonging to the show’s stars were also left behind.

Several of the photos shared by the SWNS showed some unusual sights at the set such personal belongings of the cast, including actress Georgie's Stone's dusty script and a cardboard cut-out of Paul Robinson, among many others.

Even the garden outside Lassiter's Hotel had yet to be cleared out. Some fans were quick to point out that it is ‘beyond sad’ that even the plants were left behind.

Georgie Stone's former script, which was now dusty, was also abandoned. Credit: SWNS.

Fans will probably be reminded of the 1988 episode when Charlene's caravan burst into flames. Credit: SWNS.

Although these behind-the-scenes photos of the abandoned set might be ‘sad’, they’re sure to trigger some bittersweet memories for the millions of Aussies that watched Neighbours for well over three decades.

The show was cancelled after Channel 5 declared in March that it will not renew its contract with production company Fremantle to produce and air the series.

I happily greeted my husband with the Neighbours theme song, and "it's coming back ", this morning. I do have reservations, doubt it will ever be the same.
"

I don't know who the Neighbours characters are, or the Home and Away ones either....I don't have TV.
Just can't find one that would be suitable for a suitable price...simply out of my price range.
I rely on the radio for news and talk back.
The SDC forum is great source of entertainment and information for me.
Thank you.

Reactions: Ricci
I don't know who the Neighbours characters are, or the Home and Away ones either....I don't have TV.
Just can't find one that would be suitable for a suitable price...simply out of my price range.
I rely on the radio for news and talk back.
The SDC forum is great source of entertainment and information for me.
Thank you.
Where are you located? I have a spare you are quite welcome to. :)

Reactions: JayKay
Where are you located? I have a spare you are quite welcome to. :)
Hi Ricci,
That is an extremely generous offer.
I am in Melbourne, I'm guessing you are further north.
I really value your generosity!
Thank you ❤️

Ricci, I've just been reflecting on your beautiful offer.....I almost feel as good as if I had a TV....again, grateful thanks anyway.

Last edited:
Reactions: Ricci