Tristeagan

Aug 3, 2022
MARYBOROUGH Victoria
A Nan's photo gift idea

During the year I take lots of photos whenever I see the family. Additionally I keep the best of the photos they post on social media.
About this time every year the photo companies and photo developing places have sales on "create it yourself "calendars and I make a calendar using many of the photos I have gathered. I also add the families birthdates with a head shot of the birthday person.
This is one calendar with all the family featured. Then I get a copy of it for each family group. I use https://happysnappy.com.au/ (great discounts and reasonable postage costs) but there are many to choose from. They are given out at our family Christmas party (but can be posted direct from the company to family interstate to save postage costs.)
Even the little ones love going through and finding the pictures of themselves or their cousins, mum, dad, aunties and uncles. An added bonus is no-one has an excuse to forget a birthday or not know of a new partner or child for someone. It is all there, and makes a unique heirloom in these days when photos digital.

Attachments

• Calendar 1.jpg
    Calendar 1.jpg
    232.7 KB · Views: 31
  • Calendar 2.jpg
    Calendar 2.jpg
    459.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited:
Hi! It is a great idea, and I think it helps unite your family and make you even more friendly and happy. I tried to do something similar using the september calendar template, but so far, I can't make everything as enjoyable as you did. By the way, thank you for indicating family members' birthdays in such a calendar. Do you give this calendar to everyone at Christmas? Would this be a good gift for a family Christmas party? I thought I'd be able to do something like this by Christmas.

Last edited:
Every family gets a calendar (they each get the same calendar) every Christmas. It is made using the photo company's program on their website (lots of companies have this facility) - I'm not clever enough to do it myself, but I do place the photos I have uploaded rather than allow the program to do it.