A Look At Life – BEING FAMOUS

Note from the Editor:
This article was kindly written for the SDC by member Pete M.

shutterstock_627659081 (1).jpg
Image Credit: Shutterstock

Only a few people get to be immortalised in history books or have statues honouring them mounted in public places.

The Australia Day honours list will probably never carry our names, for not everyone is destined to be famous. For the majority of us, our actions and abilities are probably far too modest.

However, this shouldn't deter us from recognising the importance of using the gifts and talents we possess by helping others in our community. Belonging to a volunteer organisation can often allow us to broaden our perspective on life and allow us to develop lasting friendships we might never have had.

We're all capable of doing something for someone else, and there are many organisations in our area crying out for volunteers. We might think we have little or nothing from which others might benefit, but we at least need to be prepared to make the offer.

Contributing something positive to someone else’s day, irrespective of how small that contribution might be, can be far more beneficial and personally rewarding than having pigeons sit on our statue and do what pigeons seem to do best.

I’m Pete, and that’s life.

We were only able to share this content because of the financial support of SDC Rewards members. If you'd like to see more of this (and a lot fewer ads!), please consider supporting us and signing up for SDC Rewards today—it starts at just 14 cents per day.

Sponsored
regretfully we have gone from one of the most volunteering countries in the world to quite a way down the list. Sri Lanka tops the list with 46% of the population doing some type of volunteering. We can do better Australia. My husband and I both volunteer, not in the same organisation though. Not only is it a great feeling but you make new and great friends. Neverthless, we still in the most beautiful, friendly and at the moment one of the safest countries in the world. I'm proud today to have the Australian flag on my front porch today
Thanks for being proud Aussie volunteers.

As inferno4256 has just replied I too fly my Australian flag every day rain or shine,my husband was a proud Australian navy man and when we moved into our home the first thing he did was purchase a polo and flag.by being Australian gives us the freedom that a lot of other people don’t we have evolved from a 3veg and meat country to a mixture of all foods due to migrants that enjoy our way of life .i enjoy volunteering my way is knitting beanies for the homeless.✌️🥰
I bet there will be many a homeless person in winter thankful of your beanie. Wonderful work. Thank you. Pete.

No matter what the state of the country is at the moment, we still remain proud as a multicultural nation these days and we should all be thankful for living in such a wonderful place in the world....we are still a lucky country and we are all very lucky to call Australia home.

Note from the Editor:
This article was kindly written for the SDC by member Pete M.

View attachment 38883
Image Credit: Shutterstock

Only a few people get to be immortalised in history books or have statues honouring them mounted in public places.

The Australia Day honours list will probably never carry our names, for not everyone is destined to be famous. For the majority of us, our actions and abilities are probably far too modest.

However, this shouldn't deter us from recognising the importance of using the gifts and talents we possess by helping others in our community. Belonging to a volunteer organisation can often allow us to broaden our perspective on life and allow us to develop lasting friendships we might never have had.

We're all capable of doing something for someone else, and there are many organisations in our area crying out for volunteers. We might think we have little or nothing from which others might benefit, but we at least need to be prepared to make the offer.

Contributing something positive to someone else’s day, irrespective of how small that contribution might be, can be far more beneficial and personally rewarding than having pigeons sit on our statue and do what pigeons seem to do best.

I’m Pete, and that’s life.

We were only able to share this content because of the financial support of SDC Rewards members. If you'd like to see more of this (and a lot fewer ads!), please consider supporting us and signing up for SDC Rewards today—it starts at just 14 cents per day.
Sharing is caring. Never out season

Reactions: Jarred Santos