A Current Affair host Tracy Grimshaw tears up on air - ‘I’m going to take a moment.’

The world dimmed a little when the Queen passed and billions of people around the world are still struggling to process the loss. Among them is A Current Affair host, Tracy Grimshaw, who shed tears amid a live report on the Queen’s death.

On Friday night's episode, a clip of the popular journalist was shared after she left Westminster Hall where the Queen's body is being held until Monday. Tracy stood in the street and took a deep sigh before saying ‘Wow’.

Teary-eyed, the host attempted to detail her experience with the viewers.

‘Okay, where to start,’ Tracy muttered, still trying to compose herself.

‘It's very moving in there. I was going to come out and be all journalistic and give you all the history of the building and the history of the Queen's association with the building but I'm not going to do that – I'm going to take a moment.’

JdpqsVWxYsoGni9rP4hPE5k1gC84L9MNX4q7O3rlStKit25JoDidOe7JADahA_VoPLokDsKDmR8y_E5VcwObtHLv3lzjMqwD4f5RQ3JYUnpo0wx_hUSsSSMZorU5rQFGNyDJVFVXmCDh7xC2G9uxRU73mDs_DsPav8E55rb1RYfKLvsFxvIvw6crKA
FSiZFVbTu058YZE-UQqKu7FlPnfYQgbCgXGJBOxVb8idgvbFJan5oIZUBQFNASPp8omwqBI2QwxXnLwVFD4sYBzWQTZaiHx5rKnauE9650YH0ykAFml0kgVuy3N4GtBSfHyBIy3JE6_Q2Ku57mhP4lCY2u1FofbskZ9H9Ko9WWU30Cx9BMfpCFgOdQ

Tracy Grimshaw struggled to compose herself. Source: @ACurrentAffair9

Tracy choked up in front of the camera, wagging a finger to signal that she needed a second and turned around to weep.

After a few seconds, she bravely faces the camera again and pushes through the report.

‘I don't know what I was expecting, we had half an hour in there.’ she said.

The journalist explained that people who had waited in line for hours were only given 10 minutes unless they were the ‘lucky ones’ who were there when the guards switched, which helped a few earn an extra four minutes to say farewell and pay their respects.

‘As they walk past they only have a moment. They dip their heads, some of the women curtsy,’ she continued.

‘I'm watching people with walkers, on crutches, people in wheelchairs, people pushing their babies – soldiers in khakis stopped and saluted her... It is a majestic building and it's sombre.’

‘It's actually not sad, these are not sad tears. They're tears that recognise what people are feeling as they are going in there. It's special.’

Source: @ACurrentAffair9

Tracy added that despite the Queen passing away a week ago, it was as if she was still performing her duties.

‘I think she'd just really like to get back to her husband... Okay, that's enough from me.’ the journalist said, wrapping up her report.

A Twitter user praised Tracy for being courageous enough to show her genuine reaction.

‘Thank you for expressing what so many of us are feeling.’ they wrote.

Tracy is in London reporting on the Queen's death and it will likely be the biggest story she covers before officially leaving A Current Affair in November. Earlier this month, she announced that she’s set to step down after spending 17 years with the program.

The fact that the Queen has passed still hasn’t sunk in yet for us either. What are your thoughts about Tracy’s report? Share them with us in the comments!

Sponsored
I was lucky to meet the Queen twice, once in the UK and once as a Navy Reserve Officer when the Cadets formed a guard of honour in Fremantle. What struck me both times was how little she and Philip were, but how much Presence she had. She stood out in the crowd and had an aura of quiet contemplation, she was knowledgeable and interested in the occasion. Her questions were pertinent and you got the impression that in that moment in time you were the most important person in her life. A Life Well Lived. Had I been in the UK I would have joined the crowd for her funeral procession and I'm not even particularly Royal fervent.

Despite the incredible number of unbelievable news stories Tracy Grimshaw has delivered over decades, this moment hit a raw nerve for her.
As it has done for me.
I truly admire Queen Elizabeth II, she was a woman who gave her all to what she sensed as her duty. She probably didn't have much time for herself, she never complained or refused to fulfill her roles (until she became too frail right at the end).
She was a master of political correctness.
Despite her riches, she couldn't live a life of freedom or have much privacy.....her life was in the public eye.
The outpouring of grief over these last 12 days had shown how well she was regarded and loved.
MY QUEEN
OUR QUEEN
THE QUEEN
With loving and devoted thanks.

The world dimmed a little when the Queen passed and billions of people around the world are still struggling to process the loss. Among them is A Current Affair host, Tracy Grimshaw, who shed tears amid a live report on the Queen’s death.

On Friday night's episode, a clip of the popular journalist was shared after she left Westminster Hall where the Queen's body is being held until Monday. Tracy stood in the street and took a deep sigh before saying ‘Wow’.

‘It's very moving in there. I was going to come out and be all journalistic and give you all the history of the building and the history of the Queen's association with the building but I'm not going to do that – I'm going to take a moment.’

JdpqsVWxYsoGni9rP4hPE5k1gC84L9MNX4q7O3rlStKit25JoDidOe7JADahA_VoPLokDsKDmR8y_E5VcwObtHLv3lzjMqwD4f5RQ3JYUnpo0wx_hUSsSSMZorU5rQFGNyDJVFVXmCDh7xC2G9uxRU73mDs_DsPav8E55rb1RYfKLvsFxvIvw6crKA
FSiZFVbTu058YZE-UQqKu7FlPnfYQgbCgXGJBOxVb8idgvbFJan5oIZUBQFNASPp8omwqBI2QwxXnLwVFD4sYBzWQTZaiHx5rKnauE9650YH0ykAFml0kgVuy3N4GtBSfHyBIy3JE6_Q2Ku57mhP4lCY2u1FofbskZ9H9Ko9WWU30Cx9BMfpCFgOdQ

Tracy choked up in front of the camera, wagging a finger to signal that she needed a second and turned around to weep.

After a few seconds, she bravely faces the camera again and pushes through the report.

The journalist explained that people who had waited in line for hours were only given 10 minutes unless they were the ‘lucky ones’ who were there when the guards switched, which helped a few earn an extra four minutes to say farewell and pay their respects.

‘As they walk past they only have a moment. They dip their heads, some of the women curtsy,’ she continued.

‘I'm watching people with walkers, on crutches, people in wheelchairs, people pushing their babies – soldiers in khakis stopped and saluted her... It is a majestic building and it's sombre.’

‘It's actually not sad, these are not sad tears. They're tears that recognise what people are feeling as they are going in there. It's special.’

Tracy added that despite the Queen passing away a week ago, it was as if she was still performing her duties.

‘I think she'd just really like to get back to her husband... Okay, that's enough from me.’ the journalist said, wrapping up her report.

A Twitter user praised Tracy for being courageous enough to show her genuine reaction.

Tracy is in London reporting on the Queen's death and it will likely be the biggest story she covers before officially leaving A Current Affair in November. Earlier this month, she announced that she’s set to step down after spending 17 years with the program.

The fact that the Queen has passed still hasn’t sunk in yet for us either. What are your thoughts about Tracy’s report? Share them with us in the comments!

I wept with Tracey ,also 😢

Reactions: Rochelle and Ricci

I was born in London but now live in Australia (thanks to my parents) she is/was MY QUEEN I so wished I could have been in London again!

I love the Queen!!!! I love all the royal family. My husband has met and chatted with Charles, William and Kate. Very proud moments for him and me as well I will miss the Queen but life does go on and as it does it will get easier.

I love the Queen!!!! I love all the royal family. My husband has met and chatted with Charles, William and Kate. Very proud moments for him and me as well I will miss the Queen but life does go on and as it does it will get easier.
I hope you're right:cry:

Reactions: Ricci