SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
Veggiepatch

Veggiepatch

Jul 22, 2023
Shangri-La, Perth
A Bizarre Scam

I received this wonderful story at 5.59 am AWST today in my junk folder. I've had a few of these over the years but this is by far the strangest. No indication of its origin and indicative of a opportunistic bad joke. Here is the content.

Hello pervert, I've sent this message from your Microsoft account.

I want to inform you about a very bad situation for you. However, you can benefit from it, if you will act wisеly.

Have you heard of Pegasus? This is a spyware program that installs on computers and smartphones and allows hackers to monitor the activity of device owners. It provides access to your webcam, messengers, emails, call records, etc. It works well on Android, iOS, macOS and Windows. I guess, you already figured out where I’m getting at.

It’s been a few months since I installed it on all your dеviсеs because you were not quite choosy about what links to click on the intеrnеt. During this period, I’ve learned about all aspects of your private life, but оnе is of special significance to me.

I’ve recorded many videos of you jerking off to highly controversial роrn videos. Given that the “questionable” genre is almost always the same, I can conclude that you have sick реrvеrsiоn.

I doubt you’d want your friends, family and co-workers to know about it. However, I can do it in a few clicks.

Every number in your contact Iist will suddenly receive these vidеоs – on WhatsApp, on Telegram, on Instagram, on Facebook, on email – everywhere. It is going to be a tsunami that will sweep away everything in its path, and first of all, your fоrmеr life.

Don’t think of yourself as an innocent victim. No one knows where your реrvеrsiоn might lead in the future, so consider this a kind of deserved рunishmеnt to stop you.

I’m some kind of God who sees everything. However, don’t panic. As we know, God is merciful and forgiving, and so do I. But my mеrсy is not free.

Transfer 1350$ to my Litecoin (LTC) wallet: ltc1qhds7qdyllmznwdtc9xt0u4f4rmep4dp3rzqxm8

Once I receive confirmation of the transaction, I will реrmanently delete all videos compromising you, uninstаll Pegasus from all of your devices, and disappear from your life. You can be sure – my benefit is only money. Otherwise, I wouldn’t be writing to you, but destroy your life without a word in a second.

I’ll be notified when you open my email, and from that moment you have exactly 48 hours to send the money. If cryptocurrencies are unchartered waters for you, don’t worry, it’s very simple. Just google “crypto exchange” or "buy Litecoin" and then it will be no harder than buying some useless stuff on Amazon.

I strongly warn you against the following:
* Do not reply to this email. I've sent it from your Microsoft account.
* Do not contact the police. I have access to all your dеviсеs, and as soon as I find out you ran to the cops, videos will be published.
* Don’t try to reset or destroy your dеviсеs. As I mentioned above: I’m monitoring all your activity, so you either agree to my terms or the vidеоs are рublished.

Also, don’t forget that cryptocurrencies are anonymous, so it’s impossible to identify me using the provided аddrеss.

Good luck, my perverted friend. I hope this is the last time we hear from each other.
And some friendly advice: from now on, don’t be so careless about your online security.

Am I shaking in my boots? I don't think so!

They would be very hard pressed for me as I don't have a camera on my House Computer, and I have a piece of tape over the camera (which I can lift when I wish to use it) on both my IPad and Phone so all they see a heavy frosted blur. And I have done this way before all this shit started. Yep, I'm a trusting little sod.

I received the same thing to my outlook. Fortunately the filters on Outlook sent the email to junk/spam.
There is a program called pegasus which can be removed by a program called MVT. So if you think pegasus has been loaded onto your device use mvt to remove it. Just google mvt for instructions.

They would be very hard pressed for me as I don't have a camera on my House Computer, and I have a piece of tape over the camera (which I can lift when I wish to use it) on both my IPad and Phone so all they see a heavy frosted blur. And I have done this way before all this shit started. Yep, I'm a trusting little sod.
I've received these emails and also have a piece of paper taped over my camera. Don't know how the hell he saw 🤣

From looking further into this, it appears to be randomly generated by persons unknown through iCloud using various languages. I don't even have a iCloud account! They even target women in the same manner - randomly.
What the***. I wonder how many people they actually "catch" with this scam.
Did you report it
What perverted scum!

Oh my goodness, unbelievable the only pervert is this fool. What a disgusting human. How low these scammers are going.
You can tell by the spelling and the way the email is set out the person is typing how they speak from overseas. If they did contact someone who does what this dirty person has suggested you might be inclined to believe this. Please don't. What ever you do in the privacy of your home is no ones business whether others agree with ones choices or not.
It's just unbelievable how far these scammers will go.

Kind regards to all Vicki

I know of someone else who has had the same type of threat and she is still upset over this and will not now just her devices except for a few minutes to get any emails. No one of her contacts have been contacted as far as I know. At least I have not.
It is scary though and I have advised that all it is scaremongering hoping to make some money.

From looking further into this, it appears to be randomly generated by persons unknown through iCloud using various languages. I don't even have a iCloud account! They even target women in the same manner - randomly.
Yes you are right - I have had this one and a couple of others over the last few years. I laughed so hard I had tears running down my face - hubby wanted to know what was so funny then informed me he had had a few himself!
I responded to a couple and told them - didn't your mummy tell you that you will go blind if you don't get your hand off it!

Had a few of these over the years, similar story, don't even have a camera. Obviously just sent out randomly, easy with computers today to generate emails, maybe even buy a list of emails from the Dark Web so they have valid email accounts.

• Wow
Reactions: Gsr and Gaena