“What!?”, Maccas fans shocked to discover little-known breakfast menu item

McDonald's fans and foodies alike are losing their minds after discovering a hidden gem in the fast-food restaurant’s breakfast menu.

Posting a video on TikTok, a manager from McDonald’s shared how they make their delicious Breakfast Oatmeal. Many customers admitted that they were clueless the breakfast staple was even available in stores.

Ry75y4sqIZXgKa9Awib11YdEr8gDvd4cXBmVlQyzpj9_DR55rLP93QK1ZSXiCj87qEKNxd_tlfB6OfHctR_apxKCd7PLId4Usv2Q_0-WcFAFiQLwS5pS5YA099sf_MFgka1MCosl

Selected McCafe stores in Australia serve breakfast oatmeal alongside apples, cranberries and raisins. Photo from McDonald’s Australia.

TikTok account McDonald's Creations shared the cooking process on Saturday, which is surprisingly very simple.

The meal is packed in a simple plastic sachet. After pouring the contents into a special McCafe cup, a staff member fills it with water using one of the coffee machines.

The raisins, cranberries, and slices of apple are in a separate package, which is served alongside the finished oatmeal.

Several users commented on the video, saying they were utterly clueless that McDonald’s is making their own pre-packaged oatmeal.

“What!? Maccas does oatmeal?” wondered one person, while another added: “How did I not know about this?”

Those who have already tried the breakfast meal also commented on the clip and shared their experience.

“If anyone was wondering, it SLAPS,” said one woman.

“I swear they put crack or something in their oatmeal. Why does it taste so good?!” joked another person and added: “But at home, I'm like no, I don't want to make oatmeal.”

The McDonald’s Australia website has confirmed that Breakfast Oatmeal is available for purchase. However, not every store in the country may be offering it yet.

CnZosRlCXmP_mAkfoy-oIPUaztyxrmZOZKN5kEULUSIcJO_kWntF8S2R714NTylszlgg7hol8mpjIcUk4SxNS92qukKAQtlqsHOy6P_M9oPVVS82gwcrHIg_ktEIlByXZiQWAZsn

Photos from TikTok / @mcdonaldscreations.

This is good news for our members who LOVE oatmeal!

The best part is, you can probably customise it to fit your taste. Instead of apples, cranberries and raisins, why not strawberries or bananas? Peanut butter, or even chocolate? The possibilities are endless!

Sponsored
Unfortunately our local Maccas doesn't serve Oatmeal. I went looking for it because my Canadian cousin loves it and always has it on his way to work. I hope we get it soon.

Reactions: Julie1
I loved porridge as my family called it in Wollongong.
But I developed a severe intolerance to it and some other foods.
Good for diabetes which I have.

I'm curious to try this, but almost too embarrassed to ask for it at my local Maccas in case they look at me like I'm crazy...

If anyone knows of any Victorian Maccas that serve oatmeal, please share the venue with us. Thanks.
Hi CMC, if Victorian Maccas are like the NSW ones they will have everything they have in their electronic boards menus.
I hope someone can give you more information.
Regards
Julie1