“This recipe requires no effort!”: Celebrity chef REVEALS SECRET RECIPE for perfecting the best crispy roast potato

“This recipe requires no effort!”: Celebrity chef REVEALS SECRET RECIPE for perfecting the best crispy roast potato
Christmas is the time for many of us to showcase our inner Masterchef by serving show-stopping dishes on the dinner table.

One of the holiday staples is the crispy roast potatoes — a simple dish that most of us struggle to perfect.

If you're one of those people who are looking to serve the best crispy potatoes this Christmas, then you might want to keep reading to learn more about the secret recipe shared by a celebrity chef to make your roasted spuds crispy on the outside and fluffy inside.

SHAjxHrRmzR6U3D6E4AB2Ry8kPAV_GqsQZEPVi3hYyN9SNcUim5N8ANTnxia13skk37sXscbt4sNWBx5e4YkiskXjQlj767_whIiUkKTbu-rbxC9pglt2SS5diaFjKbhoB2mELM

Celebrity chef Susy Massetti shared her secret recipe for perfecting the crispy roast potato — a staple dish in most Aussie Christmas potlucks. Credit: Susy Massetti.

Chef Susy Massetti, a former personal chef to an ex-PM of Qatar and billionaire tycoons, revealed that the secret to getting your potatoes to have the perfect texture is to fry them instead of roasting them.

Chef Massetti told The Daily Mail: 'The pressure of cooking the perfect potatoes for your guests this season is stress you don't want, especially as you entertain and try and coordinate all of the cooking timings for your three-course meal.'

The celebrity chef emphasised that unpeeled spuds should be parboiled first before frying them in olive oil with rosemary, sage and thinly sliced garlic for six to eight minutes.

-zRXTLgtjSfYXcPbx4PNyPJWnl-NB9796L15vZuFNIwRdB3HOqTDetd5OI62u21UUO0t7HqCPS4cOIjOhv-tVZR9Ep_5IaWHXFMD-R64VCq1KuDmG08oH0pRshrO3ZwHdhDsY9k

Chef Susy said that in order for your potatoes to get the perfect texture, you should fry them instead of roasting them. Credit: Susy Massetti.

15puec5uEMqAPswj-3y_sZZz4wOvDziQWZ1wFgU4qzOUy4lh5c8FdM3Dof0ALumpXtwe1366T1_wyQ8HkLZQj0W9jGeMFvXLh1jX3PrX9xBh2o8IJEI6JXrK-QdCOmb3WONrl9c

Chef Susy said that the secret is parboiling your unpeeled spuds first before frying them for six to eight minutes in olive oil mixed with rosemary, sage, and thinly-sliced garlic. Credit: Susy Massetti.

'Everyone loves potatoes that are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside but it's not an easy task or is it?' asked Susy.

She explained: 'For quick and tasty roast potatoes, this is my favourite hack and a sure success at any dinner table this Christmas.'

'This recipe is foolproof and requires no effort! The result is wonderful, tasty, crisp and delicious pan-roasted potatoes.'

So, what exactly is the recipe for the perfect crispy roast potato?

Ingredients:
  • 600g Potatoes cut into 2-inch cubes (skin on)
  • 2 spring of fresh Rosemary
  • 6 to 8 fresh Sage leaves
  • 8 Garlic cloves
  • 1/3 of a cup of Extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt & black pepper to taste

Method:

1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 1 tbs of salt.
2. Add potato cubes and cook for 8 minutes and when ready drain well.
3. Slice garlic, not too thin.
4. Chop the herbs and mix them with garlic, a teaspoon of sea salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
5. Add the garlic & herbs mixture to the potatoes and mix well.
6. Heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a sauté pan (big enough to contain all the potatoes in one layer).
7. Put the potatoes in the pan in one layer.
8. Let it 'fry' for 6 or 8 minutes and check the colour when golden, turn them.
9. If necessary, increase the heat but make sure the garlic is not burning.
10. Let them cook for another 8 or so minutes till golden and crispy.

Do you know any other recipes to make the best crispy roast potato for Christmas? Share your recipes with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can make them too!

Sponsored
@Ricci I think if I owned a deep fryer, it would take literally years off my life expectancy... I'd deep fry every ingredient for every meal...

I wonder if parboiling and then chucking them in the air fryer would work as a slightly healthier option. Probably would be nowhere as tasty though.

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
@Ricci I think if I owned a deep fryer, it would take literally years off my life expectancy... I'd deep fry every ingredient for every meal...

I wonder if parboiling and then chucking them in the air fryer would work as a slightly healthier option. Probably would be nowhere as tasty though.
Unfortunately I no longer own a deep fryer, or even an air fryer so it's back to the old fashioned method of cooking in the oven. I have though cheated this year and bought Aldi's duck fat potatoes as I'd read some good reviews.

Reactions: Tervueren
Christmas is the time for many of us to showcase our inner Masterchef by serving show-stopping dishes on the dinner table.

One of the holiday staples is the crispy roast potatoes — a simple dish that most of us struggle to perfect.

If you're one of those people who are looking to serve the best crispy potatoes this Christmas, then you might want to keep reading to learn more about the secret recipe shared by a celebrity chef to make your roasted spuds crispy on the outside and fluffy inside.

SHAjxHrRmzR6U3D6E4AB2Ry8kPAV_GqsQZEPVi3hYyN9SNcUim5N8ANTnxia13skk37sXscbt4sNWBx5e4YkiskXjQlj767_whIiUkKTbu-rbxC9pglt2SS5diaFjKbhoB2mELM

Celebrity chef Susy Massetti shared her secret recipe for perfecting the crispy roast potato — a staple dish in most Aussie Christmas potlucks. Credit: Susy Massetti.

Chef Susy Massetti, a former personal chef to an ex-PM of Qatar and billionaire tycoons, revealed that the secret to getting your potatoes to have the perfect texture is to fry them instead of roasting them.

Chef Massetti told The Daily Mail: 'The pressure of cooking the perfect potatoes for your guests this season is stress you don't want, especially as you entertain and try and coordinate all of the cooking timings for your three-course meal.'

The celebrity chef emphasised that unpeeled spuds should be parboiled first before frying them in olive oil with rosemary, sage and thinly sliced garlic for six to eight minutes.

-zRXTLgtjSfYXcPbx4PNyPJWnl-NB9796L15vZuFNIwRdB3HOqTDetd5OI62u21UUO0t7HqCPS4cOIjOhv-tVZR9Ep_5IaWHXFMD-R64VCq1KuDmG08oH0pRshrO3ZwHdhDsY9k

Chef Susy said that in order for your potatoes to get the perfect texture, you should fry them instead of roasting them. Credit: Susy Massetti.

15puec5uEMqAPswj-3y_sZZz4wOvDziQWZ1wFgU4qzOUy4lh5c8FdM3Dof0ALumpXtwe1366T1_wyQ8HkLZQj0W9jGeMFvXLh1jX3PrX9xBh2o8IJEI6JXrK-QdCOmb3WONrl9c

Chef Susy said that the secret is parboiling your unpeeled spuds first before frying them for six to eight minutes in olive oil mixed with rosemary, sage, and thinly-sliced garlic. Credit: Susy Massetti.

'Everyone loves potatoes that are fluffy on the inside and crispy on the outside but it's not an easy task or is it?' asked Susy.

She explained: 'For quick and tasty roast potatoes, this is my favourite hack and a sure success at any dinner table this Christmas.'

'This recipe is foolproof and requires no effort! The result is wonderful, tasty, crisp and delicious pan-roasted potatoes.'

So, what exactly is the recipe for the perfect crispy roast potato?

Ingredients:

• 600g Potatoes cut into 2-inch cubes (skin on)
  • 2 spring of fresh Rosemary
  • 6 to 8 fresh Sage leaves
  • 8 Garlic cloves
  • 1/3 of a cup of Extra virgin olive oil
  • Salt & black pepper to taste

Method:

1. Bring a large saucepan of water to a boil. Add 1 tbs of salt.
2. Add potato cubes and cook for 8 minutes and when ready drain well.
3. Slice garlic, not too thin.
4. Chop the herbs and mix them with garlic, a teaspoon of sea salt and ½ teaspoon of black pepper.
5. Add the garlic & herbs mixture to the potatoes and mix well.

6. Heat the olive oil over medium-low heat in a sauté pan (big enough to contain all the potatoes in one layer).
7. Put the potatoes in the pan in one layer.
8. Let it 'fry' for 6 or 8 minutes and check the colour when golden, turn them.
9. If necessary, increase the heat but make sure the garlic is not burning.
10. Let them cook for another 8 or so minutes till golden and crispy.

Do you know any other recipes to make the best crispy roast potato for Christmas? Share your recipes with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can make them too!
So, in other words you have cubed chips, where is all the lovely flavour from the meat and other vag.

So, in other words you have cubed chips, where is all the lovely flavour from the meat and other vag.
Whilst I acknowledge that folk like their flavours, I like my roast tatties to taste of potatoes so I always cook them separately, same with other veggies, carrots, sprouts and parsnips. Otherwise everything tastes the same.