“This is excellent!”: A Coles shopper’s pantry organising hack gets applauded on social media

“This is excellent!”: A Coles shopper’s pantry organising hack gets applauded on social media
A Coles shopper took to Facebook to reveal a very easy pantry storage hack that could transform your pantry.

In her Facebook post, shopper Li explained how she organises her food containers using the labels on the packets of food she has purchased.

ThwRi4Oskmn1lYNiViyL_4TUxycaYjVl96bAbOs8UqiIsBZFaK27Qel-cQucHDMsVlPfTeevW3EzfsKoIFUvx3q1nJB4GE7zS4itzMrkWN96o2WSE-1IahwjE60Gwdb4IKtW5S8

A Coles shopper’s easy pantry storage hack received praise from Facebook users. Credit: Facebook/Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia.

The post showed a photo of a label cutout that Li had snipped from a packet of Coles Arborio Rice, placed inside a plastic rice storage container.

Li captioned her post: “Instead of putting labels, might as well reuse the packaging that it came in.”

The trick allows you to label your pantry supplies without having to buy expensive and fiddly labels. As an added bonus, it also helps you avoid dealing with sticky name tags that are hard to remove when swapping containers.

nwYUBEqO4pLdQiCGzKqf_M4KSuCsSWCTibOb6nB_jyBKqZTLSLX5hO0cSeM_yh32WQW6rjiMVYEWwb0EOdC1zIFskb_TD0ySGAYUq0kHPLsQlotH6b1NxvLZTWSXqH97O0qk7ak

Facebook users noted that the trick was a great way to keep track of expiry dates, nutritional information, and cooking instructions of your pantry supplies. Credit: Getty Images.

The hack was met with praise from Facebook users, commenting that the trick was a great way to keep track of expiry dates, nutritional information, and cooking instructions of your pantry supplies.

One Facebook user wrote: “Great Idea! This way you can use the container for something else next time too."

“This is excellent!! Also good to keep expiry dates on it as well," another added.

A third wrote: “Sometimes I also cut out the cooking directions and tape to the top.”

“I do this too! Also helps if you need to know/remember the brand you bought etc,” added another.

Do you know other pantry organisation tips? Share it with us in the comments below so other members can use them too!

Sponsored
A Coles shopper took to Facebook to reveal a very easy pantry storage hack that could transform your pantry.

In her Facebook post, shopper Li explained how she organises her food containers using the labels on the packets of food she has purchased.

ThwRi4Oskmn1lYNiViyL_4TUxycaYjVl96bAbOs8UqiIsBZFaK27Qel-cQucHDMsVlPfTeevW3EzfsKoIFUvx3q1nJB4GE7zS4itzMrkWN96o2WSE-1IahwjE60Gwdb4IKtW5S8

A Coles shopper’s easy pantry storage hack received praise from Facebook users. Credit: Facebook/Cleaning & Organising Inspiration Australia.

The post showed a photo of a label cutout that Li had snipped from a packet of Coles Arborio Rice, placed inside a plastic rice storage container.

Li captioned her post: “Instead of putting labels, might as well reuse the packaging that it came in.”

The trick allows you to label your pantry supplies without having to buy expensive and fiddly labels. As an added bonus, it also helps you avoid dealing with sticky name tags that are hard to remove when swapping containers.

nwYUBEqO4pLdQiCGzKqf_M4KSuCsSWCTibOb6nB_jyBKqZTLSLX5hO0cSeM_yh32WQW6rjiMVYEWwb0EOdC1zIFskb_TD0ySGAYUq0kHPLsQlotH6b1NxvLZTWSXqH97O0qk7ak

Facebook users noted that the trick was a great way to keep track of expiry dates, nutritional information, and cooking instructions of your pantry supplies. Credit: Getty Images.

The hack was met with praise from Facebook users, commenting that the trick was a great way to keep track of expiry dates, nutritional information, and cooking instructions of your pantry supplies.

One Facebook user wrote: “Great Idea! This way you can use the container for something else next time too."

“This is excellent!! Also good to keep expiry dates on it as well," another added.

A third wrote: “Sometimes I also cut out the cooking directions and tape to the top.”

“I do this too! Also helps if you need to know/remember the brand you bought etc,” added another.

Do you know other pantry organisation tips? Share it with us in the comments below so other members can use them too!
have been doing this for ages and I also write on the label the expiry date using a black texta

Another thing I do; when you get home "before" you put items away...look for the expiry date on ALL items and write it on the packaging. I have a stock cupboard separate to my pantry and when things are on special I will buy a few and I always write in black texta the expiry date. We all know they try to hide these things in such small writing and it takes time when you are in a hurry and having the expiry in large numbers is easier to see.

I've been doing this for years. Not only big items like rice, flours, sugars etc but also small containers hold peppercorns, sesame seeds, etc. I also write the expiry dates on the labels as some items may not be used often - not that I throw out at expiry date but helps to know how long they have been in the cupboard. Renew the labels every time the item is refilled.

Reactions: Tervueren