‘This is disgusting’ See this customer’s horrifying find in her grocery

Just a warning, folks. This story isn’t for the squeamish or faint of heart.

A Sydney woman was unpacking her Woolworths delivery when she discovered something horrific in the depths of one of the bags – and it’s the kind of discovery that would make any shopper’s skin crawl.

Online grocery shopping is almost everybody’s go-to method for stocking up on necessities without having to leave the house.

For one woman though, her online grocery delivery from Woolworths left her feeling horrified after discovering a discarded wet wipe covered in blood in one of the bags.

Posting a photo of her unsettling find on the supermarket’s Facebook page, the woman detailed her displeasure with the online experience, describing it as ‘appalling’ and an ‘absolute health and safety hazard’.

blood1.jpg
The woman posted the photo on Facebook. Credit: Pixabay/Pexels

‘Alright Woolies. I wouldn't normally post on here but this is DISGUSTING,’ she wrote.

‘My food shop has just arrived and inside one of the bags, with my food, was this wipe covered in someone's blood. Yes, blood.’

The woman also vented her frustration regarding her most recent online shopping experience over the last few months, hinting that this latest incident was ‘the last straw’.

‘I've had to deal with shopping being dumped at neighbours' houses, expensive missing items that I have still been charged for and more,’ the woman wrote.

The furious shopper added that she couldn’t touch any of the items in the bag, and was hesitant to unpack any other item in the delivery.

blood2.jpg
The ‘blood-stained’ wet wipe. Credit: Facebook

A spokesperson for Woolworths addressed the matter immediately.

‘We're very concerned about this and take incidents like this very seriously. For your awareness, this has been escalated for immediate investigation. We require some more information to help you and to also support our investigation.’ They said, before asking for the customer’s contact details so they can offer their assistance directly.

The spokesperson told reporters that the incident had already been resolved. They explained that they have already apologised for the matter, and had provided a refund for all the fruits and vegetables in the delivery, as well as other products in the affected bag.

In the wake of this incident, it is important to be aware of the food safety regulations in Australia to ensure the safety of food products. The Standards for Safety, Hygiene and Performance of Food Businesses specify the food hygiene requirements for all retail outlets. It also contains health and hygiene obligations for food handlers, which helps prevent or lower the incidence of food-borne illnesses. The latest document on these standards can be read here.

Keeping food safe for consumption is critical to public health. This is why the government has developed legislation and regulations to ensure the safety of local and imported food. These standards have been developed in conjunction with a range of stakeholders including the Department of Health, state and territory governments, food producer and retailer organisations, environmental health practitioners and the food industry.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths shopper claimed to have found a wet wipe covered in blood in her online grocery delivery, and described the discovery as ‘appalling’ and an ‘absolute health and safety hazard’.
  • The customer was frustrated with her online shopping experiences over the past few months, and said this latest incident was the ‘last straw’.
  • The customer was provided with a refund for all products in the affected bag, as well as fruit and vegetables in the delivery, by Woolworths.
Have you ever had a bad experience with online groceries? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored
Anybody having trouble reading people's comments on this story. I am just getting adds over the top of comments or blurred words 🙁
Marj53 try looking for the little writing at the bottom of the first line or so of the story, it reads "Click to Expand" - if you click on that you should be able to read the story in its entirety. ;)

Reactions: Ricci
What I would like to know is, what did people do years ago before all this internet :poop:??
People still worked, were busy, had mobility issues, etc., etc.
I personally am not a fan of ordering items on line. I have not done on-line grocery shopping and don't plan to. I see what the pickers (not all) choose ie., fruit, veg and meat or should I say, just pick up and pack and think to myself, seriously!!
I have bought non-grocery items on the internet and most times, there always seems to be some sort of a problem, at least, if you can make the time to physically go and shop yourself, you can see and touch, what you are going to buy, plus you get to interact with other people, real people, be the experience good or bad, instead of sitting in front of a screen or just being too lazy!
Well, that is my whinge over and done with, I guess what I am saying is: if you have a complete stranger do your shopping for you, be it for groceries or anything, be prepared to expect, anything or even, nothing!!

I love going to Coles, Aldi and Woolies with my wife - I have a great time stirring the terrific staff in these establishments - I would go up the wall if I had to stay home - I am 82 and love the weekly experience. Unfortunately, there are some people not as lucky as us - so - do it the way that it is best for you

The one & only time I had groceries delivered was from Coles. There were about 3 items they said they could not include, one was bread for goodness sake. One was a different sauce to what I ordered, they sent one with an ingredient I cannot eat. Can’t remember what else. Will not order again. Also Hello Fresh kept sending wrong order. So no more from anyone anymore. Better to go in & buy what you need yourself!
I havehad a pick up at the back door of Woolies, got home to find that the Ginger biscuits were Arnott's when I specifically asked for gluten free ones, the bread was ordinary bread, instread of gluten free and the sausages were normal ones, not gluten free. So had to take them back again. The time wasted and the travelling made me never do that again.
. I don't think they actually looked at the "gluten fre", just read the last words

A Sydney woman was unpacking her Woolworths delivery when she discovered something horrific in the depths of one of the bags – and it’s the kind of discovery that would make any shopper’s skin crawl.

Online grocery shopping is almost everybody’s go-to method for stocking up on necessities without having to leave the house.

For one woman though, her online grocery delivery from Woolworths left her feeling horrified after discovering a discarded wet wipe covered in blood in one of the bags.

Posting a photo of her unsettling find on the supermarket’s Facebook page, the woman detailed her displeasure with the online experience, describing it as ‘appalling’ and an ‘absolute health and safety hazard’.

View attachment 11748

‘Alright Woolies. I wouldn't normally post on here but this is DISGUSTING,’ she wrote.

‘My food shop has just arrived and inside one of the bags, with my food, was this wipe covered in someone's blood. Yes, blood.’

The woman also vented her frustration regarding her most recent online shopping experience over the last few months, hinting that this latest incident was ‘the last straw’.

‘I've had to deal with shopping being dumped at neighbours' houses, expensive missing items that I have still been charged for and more,’ the woman wrote.

The furious shopper added that she couldn’t touch any of the items in the bag, and was hesitant to unpack any other item in the delivery.

View attachment 11749

‘We're very concerned about this and take incidents like this very seriously. For your awareness, this has been escalated for immediate investigation. We require some more information to help you and to also support our investigation.’ They said, before asking for the customer’s contact details so they can offer their assistance directly.

The spokesperson told reporters that the incident had already been resolved. They explained that they have already apologised for the matter, and had provided a refund for all the fruits and vegetables in the delivery, as well as other products in the affected bag.

In the wake of this incident, it is important to be aware of the food safety regulations in Australia to ensure the safety of food products. The Standards for Safety, Hygiene and Performance of Food Businesses specify the food hygiene requirements for all retail outlets. It also contains health and hygiene obligations for food handlers, which helps prevent or lower the incidence of food-borne illnesses. The latest document on these standards can be read here.

Keeping food safe for consumption is critical to public health. This is why the government has developed legislation and regulations to ensure the safety of local and imported food. These standards have been developed in conjunction with a range of stakeholders including the Department of Health, state and territory governments, food producer and retailer organisations, environmental health practitioners and the food industry.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths shopper claimed to have found a wet wipe covered in blood in her online grocery delivery, and described the discovery as ‘appalling’ and an ‘absolute health and safety hazard’.
  • The customer was frustrated with her online shopping experiences over the past few months, and said this latest incident was the ‘last straw’.
  • The customer was provided with a refund for all products in the affected bag, as well as fruit and vegetables in the delivery, by Woolworths.
Have you ever had a bad experience with online groceries? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
Thoroughly disgusting! Hope whoever put it in there is now without a job!

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
I have nothing but praise for my Woolies pickers and delivery drivers. I always mark all my orders "no substitutes", not that I don't trust the pickers, just that I'm never that desperate for a particular item. :)

The reason given to me by woolies for not including bread is that you have asked for a morning delivery, in that case the orders are picked overnight from whatever is on the shelves. As bread is delivered every morning there is a good chance there was none available at the time of picking your order. To ensure the freshness and availability of all produce you should ask for an afternoon or evening delivery.;)

It's not laziness that prompts me to order online, more a case of physical impairments, being unable to walk far enough to cover the whole of the store. I would love to be able to do my own shopping as it would mean that I was pain free.:rolleyes:
I am in a similar situation as you Ricci, but lucky that my hubby is happy to do the shopping, though if having a good day I will go with him.

I would like nothing more than to be able to go to the shops to do my own weekly shopping. However, I know from past experience that I can't even get to the end of the first aisle without being in excruciating pain without even enough in the tank to get me back to my car. I would now sell my soul to be able to do that one chore that I used to hate. It's no fun sitting in your car in the car park in floods of tears, partly from the pain and partly from the frustration of not being able to complete such an easy task.
I am grateful to the pickers and delivery drivers from Woolies, I reckon they get it right about 99.999% of the time and any discrepancies are put right in a timely manner. I write notes on my order so that my picker knows exactly what I'm after and why and I invariably leave a thankyou note somewhere on the order. Thank-you to all the Woolies home delivery people, you do for me a job I can no longer do for myself.:)

I am unable to carry very much and have issues with long walks even though I enjoy it. Thank God for Woolies home delivery service. They do have their own drivers and refrigerated trucks. Their drivers are absolutely young gentlemen. Nothing is ever too much for them. They are really pleasant and helpful. As far as missing items or substitutes are concerned their system works very well and if you find that there is a missing item that you have paid for, the refund is in your account before you realise it. If not it is a very simple entry on the Woolies website to obtain a refund. Never ever a problem with my deliveries. By the way, you can ensure that you get a Woolies driver by picking their "Green Deliveries" which are fully in-house trucks and staff. Great people and the quality of the goods is exceptional. If anyone has a bad experience just talk to Woolies, they are always ready and willing to help so my advice, get over it and get on with your day.

What I would like to know is, what did people do years ago before all this internet :poop:??
People still worked, were busy, had mobility issues, etc., etc.
I personally am not a fan of ordering items on line. I have not done on-line grocery shopping and don't plan to. I see what the pickers (not all) choose ie., fruit, veg and meat or should I say, just pick up and pack and think to myself, seriously!!
I have bought non-grocery items on the internet and most times, there always seems to be some sort of a problem, at least, if you can make the time to physically go and shop yourself, you can see and touch, what you are going to buy, plus you get to interact with other people, real people, be the experience good or bad, instead of sitting in front of a screen or just being too lazy!
Well, that is my whinge over and done with, I guess what I am saying is: if you have a complete stranger do your shopping for you, be it for groceries or anything, be prepared to expect, anything or even, nothing!!
What a wonderfully enlightening observation to share ... a shining epiphany that's certain to spark a wholesale life changing transformation for the hundreds of thousands use click and collect or delivery every week.

View attachment 11748

View attachment 11749

Key Takeaways

I have never ordered home delivery because of the things listed, People have become to LAZY to go and do their own shopping, we enjoy our shopping day meeting up with regular people as we move around the store, and the employees getting goods for home delivery always seem to be in our road which is very annoying as with them and the shelf stackers, as sometimes there is too much activity in an isle we just bypass it and probably miss out on buying something. Can be very frustrating indeed. Don't be so lazy people get out of the house and buy your own shopping, OH and another thing why do some of these MORON shoppers keep moving goods from one area to another even getting something from the Deli then dropping it on a random shelf somewhere else in the store, come on people get a life!

• Angry
I have never ordered home delivery because of the things listed, People have become to LAZY to go and do their own shopping, we enjoy our shopping day meeting up with regular people as we move around the store, and the employees getting goods for home delivery always seem to be in our road which is very annoying as with them and the shelf stackers, as sometimes there is too much activity in an isle we just bypass it and probably miss out on buying something. Can be very frustrating indeed. Don't be so lazy people get out of the house and buy your own shopping, OH and another thing why do some of these MORON shoppers keep moving goods from one area to another even getting something from the Deli then dropping it on a random shelf somewhere else in the store, come on people get a life!
@John Shelton please read my comments just a few above yours. Most of us that opt for home delivery are not LAZY as you state. I would love to do my own shopping but my health and my body won't let me. Do you have any idea how hard it is to accept that something as fundamental as shopping is now far beyond your capabilities? It hurts, all ways round. When my shopping is delivered it can take me 4,5 or more hours to get it all put away. That's how much pain I'm in, constantly. I put away 3 or 4 items then have to sit till the pain subsides then on to the next couple of items and more sitting and so on. Believe me, I'd love to go shopping. :(

@John Shelton please read my comments just a few above yours. Most of us that opt for home delivery are not LAZY as you state. I would love to do my own shopping but my health and my body won't let me. Do you have any idea how hard it is to accept that something as fundamental as shopping is now far beyond your capabilities? It hurts, all ways round. When my shopping is delivered it can take me 4,5 or more hours to get it all put away. That's how much pain I'm in, constantly. I put away 3 or 4 items then have to sit till the pain subsides then on to the next couple of items and more sitting and so on. Believe me, I'd love to go shopping. :(
Hear hear Ricci xxxxxx

Speaking personally as an older shopper (just turned 71) I don’t use home delivery or even click and collect. We don’t have Aldi up here, but several centres have both Coles and Woolies. Since I have to watch the pennies, I check out both for specials and this means that my spend at each doesn’t add up to the minimum for getting free delivery. I also prefer to select my own meat (always check the underside as well as the top) and my fruit and vegetables (I know how ripe I want them and what size for loose produce). And as long as I can manage the bags, I’ll stick to doing my own shopping just for those reasons.

I have never ordered groceries online and I have a disability that some days makes it impossible to even get to shops like Sunday. Just trying to get to the bathroom, kitchen for coffee, meal and lounge was hard enough and I was using my walking stick to help hold myself up. I wait until I have a better day and do my grocery shopping. I have enough in the freezer and mainly top up on milk. I do not like long life milk. I have tried it and it's nothing like fresh milk in any way.

The person that got this delivery should report it to higher government authorities including ACCC, Dept of Health .. etc.. I would.
This is me too 😊

My only order from Woolworths arrived sprayed with sticky
raspberry lemonade all over the 2 boxes. Driver shrugged his shoulders and drove off. Never again. It's a lucky dip. It's bad enough being overcharged at the register. Always check your docket before leaving.
You can chat on-line and say that your products were damaged and they will refund your money.

I can't understand ordering on line then waiting in all day for the delivery to come. Defeats the purpose really. Also I've noticed comments that groceries are often close to use by dates.
Mother's with tiny new borns or twins who need to shop alone without help and have to juggle car seats, lack of twin shopping trolleys and double prams would be beneficial to get deliveries though.

View attachment 11748

View attachment 11749

Key Takeaways

My daughter works full time and has 1 day per fortnight to get all her business done. She uses the online shopping and delivery for convenience. But, never again. She spends roughly $500 each time. And every time without fail her groceries go missing? or she gets half the groceries ,or the wrong order.The list is endless. She now goes to Aldi spends the same amount gets almost twice as much and she gets lovely fruit that does not mildew the next day.