‘This is disgusting’ See this customer’s horrifying find in her grocery

Just a warning, folks. This story isn’t for the squeamish or faint of heart.

A Sydney woman was unpacking her Woolworths delivery when she discovered something horrific in the depths of one of the bags – and it’s the kind of discovery that would make any shopper’s skin crawl.

Online grocery shopping is almost everybody’s go-to method for stocking up on necessities without having to leave the house.

For one woman though, her online grocery delivery from Woolworths left her feeling horrified after discovering a discarded wet wipe covered in blood in one of the bags.

Posting a photo of her unsettling find on the supermarket’s Facebook page, the woman detailed her displeasure with the online experience, describing it as ‘appalling’ and an ‘absolute health and safety hazard’.

blood1.jpg
The woman posted the photo on Facebook. Credit: Pixabay/Pexels

‘Alright Woolies. I wouldn't normally post on here but this is DISGUSTING,’ she wrote.

‘My food shop has just arrived and inside one of the bags, with my food, was this wipe covered in someone's blood. Yes, blood.’

The woman also vented her frustration regarding her most recent online shopping experience over the last few months, hinting that this latest incident was ‘the last straw’.

‘I've had to deal with shopping being dumped at neighbours' houses, expensive missing items that I have still been charged for and more,’ the woman wrote.

The furious shopper added that she couldn’t touch any of the items in the bag, and was hesitant to unpack any other item in the delivery.

blood2.jpg
The ‘blood-stained’ wet wipe. Credit: Facebook

A spokesperson for Woolworths addressed the matter immediately.

‘We're very concerned about this and take incidents like this very seriously. For your awareness, this has been escalated for immediate investigation. We require some more information to help you and to also support our investigation.’ They said, before asking for the customer’s contact details so they can offer their assistance directly.

The spokesperson told reporters that the incident had already been resolved. They explained that they have already apologised for the matter, and had provided a refund for all the fruits and vegetables in the delivery, as well as other products in the affected bag.

In the wake of this incident, it is important to be aware of the food safety regulations in Australia to ensure the safety of food products. The Standards for Safety, Hygiene and Performance of Food Businesses specify the food hygiene requirements for all retail outlets. It also contains health and hygiene obligations for food handlers, which helps prevent or lower the incidence of food-borne illnesses. The latest document on these standards can be read here.

Keeping food safe for consumption is critical to public health. This is why the government has developed legislation and regulations to ensure the safety of local and imported food. These standards have been developed in conjunction with a range of stakeholders including the Department of Health, state and territory governments, food producer and retailer organisations, environmental health practitioners and the food industry.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths shopper claimed to have found a wet wipe covered in blood in her online grocery delivery, and described the discovery as ‘appalling’ and an ‘absolute health and safety hazard’.
  • The customer was frustrated with her online shopping experiences over the past few months, and said this latest incident was the ‘last straw’.
  • The customer was provided with a refund for all products in the affected bag, as well as fruit and vegetables in the delivery, by Woolworths.
Have you ever had a bad experience with online groceries? Share your thoughts in the comments below.

Sponsored

A Sydney woman was unpacking her Woolworths delivery when she discovered something horrific in the depths of one of the bags – and it’s the kind of discovery that would make any shopper’s skin crawl.

Online grocery shopping is almost everybody’s go-to method for stocking up on necessities without having to leave the house.

For one woman though, her online grocery delivery from Woolworths left her feeling horrified after discovering a discarded wet wipe covered in blood in one of the bags.

Posting a photo of her unsettling find on the supermarket’s Facebook page, the woman detailed her displeasure with the online experience, describing it as ‘appalling’ and an ‘absolute health and safety hazard’.

View attachment 11748

‘Alright Woolies. I wouldn't normally post on here but this is DISGUSTING,’ she wrote.

‘My food shop has just arrived and inside one of the bags, with my food, was this wipe covered in someone's blood. Yes, blood.’

The woman also vented her frustration regarding her most recent online shopping experience over the last few months, hinting that this latest incident was ‘the last straw’.

‘I've had to deal with shopping being dumped at neighbours' houses, expensive missing items that I have still been charged for and more,’ the woman wrote.

The furious shopper added that she couldn’t touch any of the items in the bag, and was hesitant to unpack any other item in the delivery.

View attachment 11749

‘We're very concerned about this and take incidents like this very seriously. For your awareness, this has been escalated for immediate investigation. We require some more information to help you and to also support our investigation.’ They said, before asking for the customer’s contact details so they can offer their assistance directly.

The spokesperson told reporters that the incident had already been resolved. They explained that they have already apologised for the matter, and had provided a refund for all the fruits and vegetables in the delivery, as well as other products in the affected bag.

In the wake of this incident, it is important to be aware of the food safety regulations in Australia to ensure the safety of food products. The Standards for Safety, Hygiene and Performance of Food Businesses specify the food hygiene requirements for all retail outlets. It also contains health and hygiene obligations for food handlers, which helps prevent or lower the incidence of food-borne illnesses. The latest document on these standards can be read here.

Keeping food safe for consumption is critical to public health. This is why the government has developed legislation and regulations to ensure the safety of local and imported food. These standards have been developed in conjunction with a range of stakeholders including the Department of Health, state and territory governments, food producer and retailer organisations, environmental health practitioners and the food industry.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths shopper claimed to have found a wet wipe covered in blood in her online grocery delivery, and described the discovery as ‘appalling’ and an ‘absolute health and safety hazard’.
  • The customer was frustrated with her online shopping experiences over the past few months, and said this latest incident was the ‘last straw’.
  • The customer was provided with a refund for all products in the affected bag, as well as fruit and vegetables in the delivery, by Woolworths.
Have you ever had a bad experience with online groceries? Share your thoughts in the comments below.
The one & only time I had groceries delivered was from Coles. There were about 3 items they said they could not include, one was bread for goodness sake. One was a different sauce to what I ordered, they sent one with an ingredient I cannot eat. Can’t remember what else. Will not order again. Also Hello Fresh kept sending wrong order. So no more from anyone anymore. Better to go in & buy what you need yourself!

Woolworths outsource their delivery drivers, whereas Coles have their own employees.
If ordering online, if stock isn't available supermarkets will give customers a substitute.
If you don't want a substitute for an item, then you can select no substitute.
I do this, as some substitutes are not suitable.

Do your own shopping or get someone who knows you to get some bits then this won't happen, I just can't understand how lazy people days are now, I enjoy a bit of shopping, retail therapy, some can't I understand but most of the complaints on sites like this are from able bodied people who I think are just lazy.

I regularly order on line to pick groceries up from Woolworths. I have found them to be very good. If there is something you don't want a substitute for then just mark it "no substitute". Most of the time substitutes are better than the original ordered. I guess it depends on the individual store and staff.

Do your own shopping or get someone who knows you to get some bits then this won't happen, I just can't understand how lazy people days are now, I enjoy a bit of shopping, retail therapy, some can't I understand but most of the complaints on sites like this are from able bodied people who I think are just lazy.
Depends how much time you have. I'm not just sitting home doing nothing but volunteering, gardening or lots of other things that I prefer to do.

Hi, not all people are lazy. I never order online, however my 84 yr old mum does. Its great for her because it gives her a sense of independence that she can get her groceries herself (in a fashion) without having to ask a family member to do it.

My only order from Woolworths arrived sprayed with sticky
raspberry lemonade all over the 2 boxes. Driver shrugged his shoulders and drove off. Never again. It's a lucky dip. It's bad enough being overcharged at the register. Always check your docket before leaving.

Woolworths outsource their delivery drivers, whereas Coles have their own employees.
If ordering online, if stock isn't available supermarkets will give customers a substitute.
If you don't want a substitute for an item, then you can select no substitute.
I do this, as some substitutes are not suitable.
I guess it doesn't matter who delivers the shopping the wet wipe with blood on it must have been in the shopping that was probably down the bottom of the bag.. I am so glad I go to the supermarket to buy my groceries..

I guess it doesn't matter who delivers the shopping the wet wipe with blood on it must have been in the shopping that was probably down the bottom of the bag.. I am so glad I go to the supermarket to buy my groceries..
I was thinking it might have been used for a cut finger from the delivery driver or the supermarket packers. Whatever the reason, nobody should accept that order.
I order online with Coles & pick it up, as it's free. I also go shopping for fruit, vegetables & meat because I like to select those items myself at varying stores. What suits people is the best method.

I have nothing but praise for my Woolies pickers and delivery drivers. I always mark all my orders "no substitutes", not that I don't trust the pickers, just that I'm never that desperate for a particular item. :)

The reason given to me by woolies for not including bread is that you have asked for a morning delivery, in that case the orders are picked overnight from whatever is on the shelves. As bread is delivered every morning there is a good chance there was none available at the time of picking your order. To ensure the freshness and availability of all produce you should ask for an afternoon or evening delivery.;)

It's not laziness that prompts me to order online, more a case of physical impairments, being unable to walk far enough to cover the whole of the store. I would love to be able to do my own shopping as it would mean that I was pain free.:rolleyes:

I'd rather not pass judgement, assuming some are lazy. Maybe they work their A$$es off and havent the time, mobility issues etc. I myself will never order from Coles again, I ordered because I have mobility issues and the items I wanted were bulky, 10 litres casks water etc they had no stock so defeated the purpose. I used Woolies once and found them to be good, but would rather go myself.

I have nothing but praise for my Woolies pickers and delivery drivers. I always mark all my orders "no substitutes", not that I don't trust the pickers, just that I'm never that desperate for a particular item. :)

The reason given to me by woolies for not including bread is that you have asked for a morning delivery, in that case the orders are picked overnight from whatever is on the shelves. As bread is delivered every morning there is a good chance there was none available at the time of picking your order. To ensure the freshness and availability of all produce you should ask for an afternoon or evening delivery.;)

It's not laziness that prompts me to order online, more a case of physical impairments, being unable to walk far enough to cover the whole of the store. I would love to be able to do my own shopping as it would mean that I was pain free.:rolleyes:
I have Chronic pain, I just try and do my shop when I have my good pain meds to go and do it.. :ROFLMAO: :ROFLMAO:

I was thinking it might have been used for a cut finger from the delivery driver or the supermarket packers. Whatever the reason, nobody should accept that order.
I order online with Coles & pick it up, as it's free. I also go shopping for fruit, vegetables & meat because I like to select those items myself at varying stores. What suits people is the best method.
Me Too..

View attachment 11748

View attachment 11749

Key Takeaways

My husband had to go to hospital for a procedure last Thursday. My daughter does our shopping but I decided to shop online at Coles. My groceries arrived with two bags contents covered in some cleaning chemical. It took hours to get through to someone who could actually help me. They replaced my fruit and vegetables and one box of cereal that was completely soaked.I didn’t buy cleaning products so someone would have got an empty bottle. I won’t shop online again.

The one & only time I had groceries delivered was from Coles. There were about 3 items they said they could not include, one was bread for goodness sake. One was a different sauce to what I ordered, they sent one with an ingredient I cannot eat. Can’t remember what else. Will not order again. Also Hello Fresh kept sending wrong order. So no more from anyone anymore. Better to go in & buy what you need yourself!
With everything that I have read about home delivery even if I have to crawl to the supermarket I will never get home delivery

I have never ordered groceries online and I have a disability that some days makes it impossible to even get to shops like Sunday. Just trying to get to the bathroom, kitchen for coffee, meal and lounge was hard enough and I was using my walking stick to help hold myself up. I wait until I have a better day and do my grocery shopping. I have enough in the freezer and mainly top up on milk. I do not like long life milk. I have tried it and it's nothing like fresh milk in any way.

The person that got this delivery should report it to higher government authorities including ACCC, Dept of Health .. etc.. I would.

Some people have health concerns too, like being at a high risk for Covid - so please do not be too quick to pass judgement. You do not always know everything about someone just by the way they look on the outside.