‘She’s savvy’: Shopper shares trick to score latest iPhone for $867!

The iPhone 15 pro max with 256GB storage capacity, usually priced at a hefty $2199, can be yours for $867, thanks to the genius of one bargain hunter.

That could mean a massive saving of $1300 and a top-rated gadget in your bag if you are willing to play it smart and explore this clever trick!

Shopper Ally Kilpatrick stunned people online after revealing her exclusive trick, showing other shoppers how she scored a most impressive discount on the latest-in-line iPhone model.

'JB Hi-Fi always price matches, so it's worth going online and looking to see if you can find a similar online retailer that stocks the exact product for a cheaper price,' Ally said in a video online.

image.jpg
Ally shared how she scored $867 on her iPhone 15. Credit: @allykilpatrick / TikTok

'I was able to find the exact item I wanted for $1927 at Kogan, and that's where we started.'

The greater part of the discount Ally achieved resulted from an upfront mobile plan promotion.

Making the decision to switch to the JB Hi-Fi network, Ally scored an instant $800 voucher.

An active ABN (Australian Business Number) is required to be eligible for this benefit, which is verified against matching identification.

'They just search your ABN and crosscheck it so it matches your driver's licence, and as long as it does, you will get an $800 voucher on the spot that you can use to put towards the iPhone,' she said.

There is, however, a hitch in the plan.

This promotional offer ties you down to a 24-month contract with JB Hi-Fi, costing you $69 monthly, a total of $1656 over the contract's duration.

'Although this is a plan through JB, it's basically just Telstra—the service icon at the top says Telstra,' Ally said while holding her new phone to the camera.

This promotion ended on 6 March, but JB Hi-Fi has an ongoing Mobile upfront plan, which costs $99 for 24 months.

Finally, the last thing Ally did was to trade her old device, which fetched her a certain amount back, known as JB Hi-Fi’s online trade-in system.

Ally filled in all the details on the website and ‘instantly’ got a quote. She turned in her old iPhone 11, leading to a $260 voucher which she could invest towards her new phone.

Ally’s video had over 200,000 views and several commented to thank her for the trick.

'She's a savvy queen,' one wrote.

'I got my phone for free doing this,’ another said.

'I priced matched with my Beats by Dre. It was a cheap price at Woolies, and JB Hi-Fi price-matched it. I was cheering,' a third added.

Someone pointed out, 'Harvey Norman has something similar–go for a new iPhone 15 or higher on a new plan with Optus, and get a $800 voucher to use with the phone.'

However, some claimed JB Hi-Fi often don't price match with Kogan.

'They don't price match Kogan. You got lucky, and the Telstra plan is $69. I pay $35 monthly for my plan–so it's an extra $35 a month. Roughly more than $800 for two years,' one said.

Others also poked holes in Ally’s advice.

'Would have got way more selling your iPhone th[a]n the locked-in plan. It's cheaper directly with Telstra. So over 24 months, you're paying an additional $800, plus losing $300 on the value of your phone,’ another added.

You can watch Ally’s video below:

Credit: @allykilpatrick / TikTok

Key Takeaways
  • A shopper named Ally Kilpatrick revealed how she was able to purchase a new iPhone 15 for significantly less than the retail price by combining several discounts and promotions at JB Hi-Fi.
  • Ally utilised JB Hi-Fi's price match policy, starting with a reduced price found at Kogan, and also took advantage of an $800 voucher offer by switching her mobile plan to the JB Hi-Fi network.
  • Customers also need an active ABN and to trade in their old device for a voucher to achieve the full discount on the iPhone 15.
  • The deal requires customers to commit to a 24-month contract with JB Hi-Fi's mobile service, and some viewers of Ally's advice video expressed scepticism about the long-term savings of the deal.
What are your thoughts on this deal shared by Ally? Would you be open to switching networks for a huge discount? Let us know in the comments below!

Reactions: Johnnie boy and BJM
Sponsored
How many seniors on here have an ABN I got rid of mine years ago.

I would switch but coverage is the most important thing to me.

Both my mother and brother recently got phones with JB Hi -FI , they managed to score cheap phones but to me their plans were high

Reactions: Gsr
And people are supposed to be doing it hard!!
Paying such ridiculous amounts of money just so they can have the "latest"phone is beyond crazy. Must have rocks in their head.
Phones are ridiculously priced now.

I've told my kids look after your phones and dont up grade unless it doesn't work

And people are supposed to be doing it hard!!
Paying such ridiculous amounts of money just so they can have the "latest"phone is beyond crazy. Must have rocks in their head.
I guess it’s their choice. Others are struggling with mortgages yet go and buy new SUVs. Now that’s crazy. Personally, I am 70 and paid outmy mortgage at 45.

I guess it’s their choice. Others are struggling with mortgages yet go and buy new SUVs. Now that’s crazy. Personally, I am 70 and paid outmy mortgage at 45.
Me too, and my phone cost $294, it makes calls, sends messages and accesses the internet, it doesn't need to do anything else.

when I needed to upgrade my tiny iPhone 5 with very little data, the best option for me was to convert all my frequent flyer points from our credit card that sat unused for a few years. Didn’t have enough so I’ve paid some $ 250 cash on top and ended up with iPhone 13 bought outright and a yearly subscription from Kogan (Vodafone) for about $ 170. Vodafone is the only one that has coverage in our pocket. Coverage and lots of data is what really matters most.

isn't ABN numbers only for people who own a business? hence the name Australia Business number.

But it doesn’t talk to your watch or your iPad. Nor does it take amazing photos that can be edited. It depends what you want. You pay for what you get.
No actually you don't. You get ripped off for what you get.
My brother was a high flyer in tech, travelled the world in his job.
He said the phones themselves are worth stuff all, your just paying the exorbitant prices that they push for the tech.
It's only because silly people keep on paying more and more they keep in pushing the prices up and up.
A bit like the million dollar everyday type houses. They only got to be that expensive because we, the stupid people, pay those prices for houses that cost probably 75% less when they were built years ago.
I sold a house 18 months ago which I had just finished renovating and landscaping.
Some idiot just paid $170,000 more for it. I went to the open house, the gardens were dead, the walls needed repainting, there were broken tiles on the bathroom floor, the carpets all needed cleaning and yet people keep paying unrealistic prices and then complain about the cost of housing. Beats me!!

Reactions: Veggiepatch and Gsr
Then you have some clown with $1000s of tattoos, holding the latest iPhone demanding "Give us a smoke!"

Refusal ends up in being called every c**t under the sun. Trouble is they messed with the wrong dude....ME!

Funny watching them run down Dandenong's Palm Court like a scalded cat! 🤣
🙀

I. wouldn't let my wife or daughter walk around with a $2000 plus phone, I would be frightened some mongrel would attack them for it

isn't ABN numbers only for people who own a business? hence the name Australia Business number.
Every 1st year apprentice was advised to register for an ABN (you don't have to actually run a business) then they could by a $50k ford ranger or toyota hilux etc and get an immediate tax write off, including a refund of the GST applicable to the purchase. Was amazing how many $75k utes(?) were sold for $50k and a separate invoice for the $25k that was also an immediate tax write off. (end at start of this finyear). Also explains why so many P Platers are driving these vehicles that are well out of their usual price range as an apprentice. Another of those brilliant ideas the Morrison govt put in place to stimulate the economy. Instead, just created another reason whey an aging road system is crumbling from the excessive weight of these 'utes' and over sized trucks put on them.