‘Oh my goodness!’, A Christmas tree light hack you probably didn’t know about

We’re already a few days deep in December, people! You might as well have set up those Christmas trees already. But have you put up the Christmas lights yet?

Going around the tree and wrapping the string of lights always takes a lot of time; sometimes, we even get caught and tangled within the branches!

Thankfully for us, some TikTok users shared their simple hacks that would surely make our Christmas decorating a lot easier this year.

g1idhHqH0WmkiL2wJmPG5kAquzTRNT1nuy_uiOwvRZ6r-JXHhFTKC6VdJbp9i6xAHp5VJlNkG4qZXSmNp1aR27MjbKVYayc9EhAzTixCtilVMsR4D9Slsuh5qzkXiLYbQl_2RpLn

One mum shared her Christmas lights hack on TikTok. Photos from TikTok / @tamara_weatherbee.

One TikTok mum posted a video on TikTok sharing how she puts up her Christmas lights on her tree, saying: “Christmas hack I didn’t know!”

“This is a Christmas hack I learned last year that has changed the way I put my lights on the tree,” said the mum, showing how she placed the lights starting from the bottom, then from left to right along the front section, working her way to the top of the tree.

“I did one layer to the right of this one and one to the left. So, the very back didn’t get any, but you can’t tell,” she added in the comments section.

People were amazed by the simple hack, with one saying: “Oh my goodness! Thanks for the tip.”

“I always thought I was lazy for doing this, but now it turns out I'm genius,” another added.

One user even said this is what she always does, adding: “No reason to go all the way around if your tree is against a wall!”

Obviously, if you've had your tree up for a while then you'll already be sorted, but for everyone else here in SDC that is just setting up their decorations, this hack may be helpful for you!

How do you like to wrap the Christmas lights around your tree?

Sponsored
Ours used to be stood in front of a window so had to be wrapped around, I got sick of that after a few years and bought a tree with fibre lighting built in..:cool:

I learned a different way of doing it. I start at the bottom and go up to the top then down again, zig- zag up and down all the way round instead of going round and round. much easier.

Reactions: MummaG
I've always done this. It makes no sense having lights at the back