‘Not a pleasant thing’: Princess Kate reportedly ‘struggles’ as she proceeds with cancer treatment

The journey through cancer treatment is a deeply personal and often harrowing experience, one that even members of the Royal Family are not immune to.

The Princess of Wales, Kate Middleton, has been a beacon of grace and resilience, but recent reports have surfaced revealing the challenges she faced during the early stages of her treatment.

In January, the world was informed by Kensington Palace that the Princess would be undergoing abdominal surgery, necessitating a pause from her royal duties to focus on recovery.

The public, accustomed to seeing her poised and active presence, was left concerned and speculative during her absence.

Screenshot 2024-06-13 at 7.25.35 AM.png
Princess Kate reportedly ‘struggled’ with her cancer treatment. Credit: @princeandprincessofwales / Instagram

It was with a mix of shock and empathy that the public received the news two months later when Kate shared in an emotional video that cancer had been discovered during her surgery.

She disclosed that she had been undergoing 'preventive chemotherapy' over what she described as an 'incredibly tough couple of months’.

Vanity Fair’s royal correspondent, Katie Nicholl, provided a glimmer of insight into Kate's private struggle by telling about the difficulties the Princess encountered.

'I’ve been told by sources very close to the Princess of Wales that she had struggled with the treatment initially,' Nicholl shared.

'It’s preventive chemotherapy, it’s not a pleasant thing. No one wants to have to have this, you know, off the back of major surgery, a pretty long recovery period, and then she has to go through the treatment.'

‘I think it was a struggle initially and I was very, very relieved to hear from actually more than one source that she has recently turned a corner.’

Contrary to some reports suggesting that Kate may not return to her royal duties 'in the same capacity again’, Nicholl was adamant that this was 'not the case'.

She affirmed, 'Everything I hear is that she will be back to work. She’s coming back 100 per cent to pick up as Princess of Wales and do the great work she was doing before.

‘It will just be in her time and when she’s ready and crucially when she gets the sign off from her medical team.'

The Princess's anticipated return to the public eye at the Trooping the Colour parade in London was met with disappointment as it became less likely.

However, Kate's heartfelt message to the Irish Guards, where she serves as the honorary Colonel, underscored her commitment and affection for her duties.

'Please pass my apologies to the whole Regiment, however, I do hope that I am able to represent you all once again very soon,' she wrote, signing off as 'Colonel Catherine’.
Key Takeaways
  • The Princess of Wales, Kate Middleton, has been undergoing 'preventive chemotherapy' after cancer was discovered during abdominal surgery.
  • She initially struggled with the treatment but has reportedly 'turned a corner' in her recovery.
  • Vanity Fair's royal correspondent Katie Nicholl refuted suggestions that Kate may not return to work in the same capacity, indicating that she will resume her duties as Princess of Wales when medically approved.
  • Kate has been absent from public engagements and recently apologised for missing the Trooping the Colour parade rehearsal, signalling her intent to return to her royal responsibilities soon.
We at the Seniors Discount Club send our best wishes to the Princess for a full and speedy recovery.

What are your thoughts on this story, members? Share them in the comments below.

Sponsored
I agree. She should be left to heal in private with her family. But, her name is NOT Kate Middleton. It is Catherine,HRH Princess of Wales. It was the media that called her Kate and she is no longer Middleton since she married.

Very pleased to hear that Kate is starting to turn the corner in her illness. Was appalled with the carry on that went on when the poor lady was first put into hospital. Many thought they had the right to put out what wild thoughts they could come up with about Kate, to the point the poor darling had to put it out to the world the battle she was under taking. Bless her she showed so much class.
Just because she is a very public figure does not mean she should be hounded, the way she was.
Sadly many many people battle cancer every day, which is kept private between their family and friends. I don't care who you are we should all be given the privacy and space we need to recover from any illness no matter who you are on this world. We are all human no matter our statues in the world.
Very best wishes to Kate and all in the world who are fighting illness. Bless you all.
Kind regards to all Vicki

I am appalled at the way the media hound public figures. The way people carried on about the photo Kate edited, as if there was some kind of conspiracy to deceive people, was ridiculous. Now it’s her cancer treatment that’s the latest gossip. It’s nobody’s business what is going on in someone’s private life. She is a beautiful young mum who deserves a break from the media.

I just wish that the media etc would leave Catherine alone to recuperate in peace. Also why does all media etc still call her Kate Middleton? She is Catherine HRH Princess of Wales. In my opinion calling her Kate is disrespectful...

and WHO supplied this information? The Princess, her oncologist, her husband. her direct family.???????
It matters NOT who supplied this information, but WHY. The information regarding her health was FORCED into being supplied, just to quell all the misinformation being supplied by outsiders, absolute cretins and the Media in general.

It matters NOT who supplied this information, but WHY. The information regarding her health was FORCED into being supplied, just to quell all the misinformation being supplied by outsiders, absolute cretins and the Media in general.
WHO NOT WHY.

FFS Why would they say that.

“The journey through cancer treatment is a deeply personal and often harrowing experience, one that even members of the Royal Family are not immune to.”

They are human beings, of course they are not immune. You need to get new writers or stop writing this nonsense.

Reactions: Jest
key word is "private". And for others to share her "private" affairs is far from being in integrity. No-one other than Catherine or her family should be passing this onto the public. No-one can be forced to open it all to the public. It's choice to do so. If Catherine wants the public to know she will do as she did last time and tell them what she wants shared.

Reactions: Gsr
I just wish that the media etc would leave Catherine alone to recuperate in peace. Also why does all media etc still call her Kate Middleton? She is Catherine HRH Princess of Wales. In my opinion calling her Kate is disrespectful...
I TOTALLY AGREE WITH YOU AND AS TO THE REPLY BELOW, NOT SO VERY SMART.
FFS Why would they say that.

“The journey through cancer treatment is a deeply personal and often harrowing experience, one that even members of the Royal Family are not immune to.”

They are human beings, of course they are not immune. You need to get new writers or stop writing this nonsense.
i agree with you. time to stop these reports on the royals and cancer. for us that suffer we do not need constant reminders.

Reactions: ElizabethL
I agree. She should be left to heal in private with her family. But, her name is NOT Kate Middleton. It is Catherine,HRH Princess of Wales. It was the media that called her Kate and she is no longer Middleton since she married.

Actually it was her parents who called her Kate. It was HRH Queen Elizabeth II who insisted that she be referred to as 'Catherine'

Actually it was her parents who called her Kate. It was HRH Queen Elizabeth II who insisted that she be referred to as 'Catherine'
Seeing as we're in the nit picking mode, Queen Elizabeth hasn't been an HRH since February 6 1952 when her father died. Since then her honorific has been Her Majesty.

Also, all these "royal experts" are becoming as bad as the chooks of the press, and Buckingham Palace needs to identify all these "sources" close to the family and tell them to button their lip, or there will be consequences.