‘Good haul!’: Mum reveals how she scored $179 worth of clothing for just $17

Christmas is just around the corner! And if you're still on the hunt for Christmas presents for your grandkids, then you might want to continue reading so you can find out more details about a Brisbane mum's hack on how to score kid's clothes at a cheaper price in Kmart.

Mum-of-four Megan took to Facebook to share her impressive haul of new season clothes for all of her children.

umkUYE66B_4_5DnlgX1_nfW0Ccq5yvEhYc2qxlYfjIXP-ZZN32UFb-DZAtg81mXAMFirw4UUTo_rsyVxSjiCfbz2Exxx3TxhTEKtdkk1my731lfSefcSRMRe_MXgD5XYHBWkWPU

Mum-of-four Megan shared how she scored $179 worth of kids’ clothes at a bargain price of $17. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group.

"$179 worth of clothing for only $17! 17 pieces of clothing. Having three daughters (7,5,4) and a 2-year-old boy, this is an awesome find! Thanks, Kmart North Lakes," Megan wrote on her post in Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group.

The post has gained traction among fellow bargain hunters, with many congratulating her for the haul despite being vocal about their disappointment for not being able to get their hands on the bargain items.

One user wrote: "I was here today...no bargains left when I looked."

"Damn, good haul! I was a day or so too early there by the looks of it," another added.

A third wrote: "Good for you. My Kmart has markdowns but they’re around $6/$8 not a bargain for me."

G_cfUpefNSPjF7UDQuPledB7z4PWF-5waXvEYTkPIkJlC6AKcVWbi2_PGEF02GvrQloHlGBk15qdldk4_NAIaLN5dDrfdy5IvcqfstgLQFvCS6iCEbQjq9uq-S0GKzQtew7HYbM

The mum also revealed her secret on how to find discounted products when shopping at Kmart. Credit: Getty Images.

The mum said that she herself got lucky with the bargain, revealing that she did not know about them.

Megan told Yahoo Lifestyle: "I was looking for clothes for my oldest daughter and happened to stumble upon these little bargains!"

"I have three daughters and a little boy so any bargains are a win!"

The mum also shared her hack on how to find discounted products when shopping at Kmart.

Megan advised: "I think it’s about looking in the aisles, they are tucked away."

"Always look at the labels as the sign said $6 for all of these clothes. But when I read the tag it was $1!"

"Sometimes it’s the matter of being in the right place, at the right time."

The mum-of-four also said that when buying clothes for her children, she takes into account the style that she likes on them instead of following her own wants, making sure that they dress their age instead of making them look like mini versions of herself.

"I like to dress them as little girls, covered, cute and not anything beyond their years," she revealed.

"I want them to stay little as long as possible and not dress them beyond their age."

She also expressed her gratitude for fellow bargain hunters who share their hauls on social media.

Megan said: "Having four children and being a one-income family finding great deals and bargains helps, especially markdowns on groceries."

"That’s why I joined the page was to help at the grocery shops, to keep up to date with items on sale and connect with other like-minded people looking for a great deal – without the greed."

Do you know of any other tips for scoring budget-friendly items? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!

Sponsored
Christmas is just around the corner! And if you're still on the hunt for Christmas presents for your grandkids, then you might want to continue reading so you can find out more details about a Brisbane mum's hack on how to score kid's clothes at a cheaper price in Kmart.

Mum-of-four Megan took to Facebook to share her impressive haul of new season clothes for all of her children.

umkUYE66B_4_5DnlgX1_nfW0Ccq5yvEhYc2qxlYfjIXP-ZZN32UFb-DZAtg81mXAMFirw4UUTo_rsyVxSjiCfbz2Exxx3TxhTEKtdkk1my731lfSefcSRMRe_MXgD5XYHBWkWPU

Mum-of-four Megan shared how she scored $179 worth of kids’ clothes at a bargain price of $17. Credit: Facebook/Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group.

"$179 worth of clothing for only $17! 17 pieces of clothing. Having three daughters (7,5,4) and a 2-year-old boy, this is an awesome find! Thanks, Kmart North Lakes," Megan wrote on her post in Markdown Addicts Australia Facebook group.

The post has gained traction among fellow bargain hunters, with many congratulating her for the haul despite being vocal about their disappointment for not being able to get their hands on the bargain items.

One user wrote: "I was here today...no bargains left when I looked."

"Damn, good haul! I was a day or so too early there by the looks of it," another added.

A third wrote: "Good for you. My Kmart has markdowns but they’re around $6/$8 not a bargain for me."

G_cfUpefNSPjF7UDQuPledB7z4PWF-5waXvEYTkPIkJlC6AKcVWbi2_PGEF02GvrQloHlGBk15qdldk4_NAIaLN5dDrfdy5IvcqfstgLQFvCS6iCEbQjq9uq-S0GKzQtew7HYbM

The mum also revealed her secret on how to find discounted products when shopping at Kmart. Credit: Getty Images.

The mum said that she herself got lucky with the bargain, revealing that she did not know about them.

Megan told Yahoo Lifestyle: "I was looking for clothes for my oldest daughter and happened to stumble upon these little bargains!"

"I have three daughters and a little boy so any bargains are a win!"

The mum also shared her hack on how to find discounted products when shopping at Kmart.

Megan advised: "I think it’s about looking in the aisles, they are tucked away."

"Always look at the labels as the sign said $6 for all of these clothes. But when I read the tag it was $1!"

"Sometimes it’s the matter of being in the right place, at the right time."

The mum-of-four also said that when buying clothes for her children, she takes into account the style that she likes on them instead of following her own wants, making sure that they dress their age instead of making them look like mini versions of herself.

"I like to dress them as little girls, covered, cute and not anything beyond their years," she revealed.

"I want them to stay little as long as possible and not dress them beyond their age."

She also expressed her gratitude for fellow bargain hunters who share their hauls on social media.

Megan said: "Having four children and being a one-income family finding great deals and bargains helps, especially markdowns on groceries."

"That’s why I joined the page was to help at the grocery shops, to keep up to date with items on sale and connect with other like-minded people looking for a great deal – without the greed."

Do you know of any other tips for scoring budget-friendly items? Share them with us in the comments below so other members of the SDC can use them too!
My best buy recently was a three quarter length puffer jacket with hood...reduced from $49 to $2. Only had in size 10 and an 8...the 10 was picked up by another lady and I grabbed the 8 and it fits me perfectly....I am normally a siz 12

• Wow
Reactions: Jonathan Leane
Managed to get this kind of bargain earlier this yr from K-mart by fluke. Went in to buy something else which was out of stock so wandered of to the childrens clothing section were I got over $85.00 worth of clothes for $8.00. Granddaughters were stoked.

Last edited:
  • Wow
Reactions: Jonathan Leane
My best buy recently was a three quarter length puffer jacket with hood...reduced from $49 to $2. Only had in size 10 and an 8...the 10 was picked up by another lady and I grabbed the 8 and it fits me perfectly....I am normally a siz 12
saturday bought 3 pairs of pants $4 each marked down from $50

This is really great if you don't wear a common size :D