‘Another thing I can’t afford’: Frustrated customer speaks up about KFC’s price hike

Fast food lovers, brace yourselves. A recent change to a popular menu item at KFC has left customers, including a former employee, feeling frustrated.

This price increase on a beloved combo deal has sparked outrage and even ‘tears’ among the fast food chain's loyal fan base on social media.

Bill Barker, a former KFC employee, took to social media to express his dismay at the price hike on the Popcorn Chicken Go Bucket and drink combo.

Once a steal at $4.95, customers now have to shell out an additional $3.75 to enjoy their favourite snack with a drink, bringing the total cost to $8.70.

Screenshot 2024-01-26 083133.png
Barker used to love a popular KFC combo until the prices of the items increased. Image: KFC/TikTok

Barker, who worked at KFC for three years, lamented the change on social media, saying, 'This s*** (used to be) a $4.95 combo. I just want to be rich. And you know what, I will cry about it.'

His sentiment was echoed by other social media users, who were quick to voice their frustration over KFC’s price changes over the years.

‘I worked there when Zinger Boxes were $10.99. Now a large one is over $15,’ said one former KFC employee.

‘I mean, back in the day, $5 was all you needed for a feed, get a Go Bucket for $3.95 and a frozen (drink) for a dollar, and you’re set,’ another shared.

‘Another thing I can’t afford at KFC,’ one more replied.

‘What I noticed between Queensland and other states, like Victoria, the Go Bucket is a dollar cheaper in Victoria while in Queensland, it’s extra,’ a third expressed.

In response to the outcry, KFC expressed sympathy for the disappointed customer but explained that the combo deal he loved was no longer available.

‘Go Bucket and drink combinations are promotional offers and not a core menu offering,’ a KFC spokesperson said.

‘We’re sorry to hear a loyal customer was disappointed by his favourite combo deal being taken off the menu of his local restaurant; however, we currently have a Go Bucket and Freeze drink combo for $4.95 (from 3-5 pm) that customers can access via our easy-to-download KFC app.’

Key Takeaways
  • A KFC customer expressed his discontent over the price increase of a Popcorn Chicken Go Bucket and drink combo, which now costs $8.70.
  • The customer, a former KFC employee, shared his frustration on social media, where other users also voiced their concerns over rising prices.
  • KFC has responded by stating that the previous Go Bucket and drink combination was a promotional offer, not a regular menu item.
  • KFC offered an alternative, suggesting customers use their app to access a current deal, a Go Bucket and Freeze drink combo for $4.95, available between 3-5 pm.

So, what's your take on this KFC price hike? Have you noticed similar changes at your favourite fast food joints? Share your thoughts and experiences in the comments below.

Sponsored
I think he was just trying to say it in one breath , you know like , two or beef patties special sauce lettuce cheese pickle onions on a sesame seeds bun
Your comment doesn't make sense!!

The actual saying was " two ALL beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun!!

(I do hope the SDC members know there is an EDIT Button, and a PREVIEW button, to correct your comments before you post for all to see!! )

The number of comments submitted on this site with bad grammar, and spelling is disgusting!!

Don't members know how to spell anymore?

The actual saying was " two ALL beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun!!

(I do hope the SDC members know there is an EDIT Button, and a PREVIEW button, to correct your comments before you post for all to see!! )

The number of comments submitted on this site with bad grammar, and spelling is disgusting!!

There are no comma's in that saying buddy.
It's a relaxed sight, so stop ve a grammar police

Reactions: Littleboy8

Why doesn't my comment make sense?? Did you read the post which I was replying to.

I didn't just pop the comment out of my ar.e

Reactions: Littleboy8

Awww🙀diddums get out of bed on the wrong side today David or didn’t you get a bit(slap and tickle) hehehe leave people alone your being a bully.

Last edited:
Reactions: Suzanne rose
There are no comma's in that saying buddy.
It's a relaxed sight, so stop ve a grammar police

Opps, someone who can't spell properly.!!
doesn't anyone check their spelling and grammar any more??

BUT, I'm correct about it starting "Two ALL beef patties.....etc, etc

We're going to end up with a bunch of illiterate oldies!!

Thank you, you"re welcome!!

Damn spell checker🤣

🤣🤣🤣