Prince Harry and Meghan's Archewell Foundation in trouble amid busy schedules and controversies

Prince Harry and Meghan, Duchess of Sussex, have been living incredibly busy lives since stepping back from their royal duties, juggling numerous projects and commitments.

However, amidst their packed schedules, it seems that some of their responsibilities have fallen through the cracks, highlighting the challenges of balancing their newfound freedom with their previous obligations.

The Archewell Foundation, the charitable organisation founded by Prince Harry and Meghan, was recently involved in some administrative turmoil.

The foundation, which has been a cornerstone of the couple's post-royal life, was issued a ‘delinquency’ notice by Californian Attorney General Rob Bonta.

This notice was not a mere slap on the wrist; it was reportedly indicated that Archewell had fallen behind on its annual registration fees and had failed to submit the necessary annual report.

image.png
The Californian Attorney General labelled Prince Harry and Meghan's Archewell Foundation as ‘delinquent’ for unpaid fees and missing paperwork. Credits: Archewell Foundation

The implications of such a notice are significant. Until the outstanding issues are resolved, Archewell is barred from its primary function: raising and distributing funds.

This is a considerable setback for an organisation that aims to drive long-term change through immediate action and meaningful initiatives.

However, the situation may be less dire than it seems. A source close to the foundation stated that the initial payment was, in fact, made but unfortunately ‘lost in the mail’.

The payment has since been resubmitted, and the source suggested that the matter should be resolved within days.

The Archewell Foundation, launched in 2020 after Prince Harry and Meghan left their roles as senior working royals, has been a vehicle for their continued philanthropic work.

The foundation's website states, ‘We consciously partner with key organisations and leaders to identify immediate needs, build meaningful initiatives, and drive long-term change.'

With a motto of ‘show up, do good’, the foundation adds to its homepage: ‘We believe in the power of community as a transformative solution for our collective wellbeing.’

Archewell's structure is somewhat unique, blending for-profit and not-for-profit divisions under one umbrella.

This includes Archewell Audio and Archewell Productions, which have secured lucrative deals with giants like Spotify and Netflix.

These partnerships have not only bolstered the foundation's financial standing but have also provided a platform for the Sussexes to produce content that aligns with their values and mission.

The news of the delinquency notice came on the heels of Harry and Meghan's three-day tour of Nigeria, during which they promoted the Invictus Games—an international sporting event founded by Harry for injured or sick military personnel and veterans—and advocated for the mental health of young people affected by regional conflicts.

During their visit, the couple engaged with local initiatives, such as Nigeria: Unconquered, a charity that works in tandem with the Invictus Games Foundation.

Their presence at a volleyball game, sporting Nigerian flag scarves, was a symbolic gesture of solidarity and support.

In a particularly personal moment, Meghan referred to Nigeria as ‘my country’, sharing with attendees at the Wuse Lightway Academy in Abuja her recent discovery that she is ‘43 per cent Nigerian’ through a DNA test.

‘I want to start by saying thank you very much for just how gracious you’ve all been in welcoming my husband and I to this country…my country,’ she said.

Upon discovery, Meghan recounted that the first thing she did was ‘call my mum because I wanted to know if she had any awareness of it’.

While Prince Harry and Meghan have faced scrutiny over the delinquency notice issued to their Archewell Foundation, they are no strangers to controversy.

Recently, Meghan Markle came under fire for her perceived ‘rude’ gestures at a polo event, adding to the list of criticisms the couple has had to navigate.

This string of incidents underscores the intense public and media attention they continue to attract.
Key Takeaways
  • The Californian Attorney General marked Prince Harry and Meghan's Archewell Foundation as ‘delinquent’ due to unpaid fees and missing paperwork.
  • The foundation's initial payment was allegedly ‘lost in the mail’ but has been resubmitted to resolve the issue.
  • Archewell was founded in 2020 and has both not-for-profit and for-profit divisions, with partnerships including Spotify and Netflix.
  • During their tour of Nigeria, Harry and Meghan promoted the Invictus Games and championed mental health, with Meghan revealing her DNA results indicating she is 43 per cent Nigerian.
What are your thoughts on the importance of administrative diligence in charitable organizations? Have you ever experienced a similar situation with a charity you support? Share your stories and insights in the comments below!

Sponsored
So your headline makes it seem they are unable to run their affairs. Then you state it was just a matter of a “lost in the mail” and all should be solved in a matter of days. Thank heavens such charitable organisation exist.

Reactions: GillyH and cblayney
I do not know why and I resent Harry and Megan be referred to as the "Royal Couple" Harry resigned when he left the Royal family, and publicly criticized the Royal Family in his book. They want their cake and still be able to eat it. The media should learn to ignore them.

I do not know why and I resent Harry and Megan be referred to as the "Royal Couple" Harry resigned when he left the Royal family, and publicly criticized the Royal Family in his book. They want their cake and still be able to eat it. The media should learn to ignore them.
Harry left as a working member of the Royal Family. That doesn't make him not Royal. He is still a family member even with some questionable behavior. He seems to want to have his own branch.

Reactions: June E
They threw our beloved Queen under a bus. That alone is treason. That is utterly unforgiveable. Whinge told Ginge to say he no longer wished to play Royal Families any more and to resign from the British Monarchy in favour of a quiet life free from the press.

Whinge then embarked on a massive publicity campaign to, effectively, live as billionaires on the back of a go fund my extravagant lifestyle.

What's not to love about this parasite and her ungrateful pet?

They are now in Nigeria. For the first time in their time of unholy deadlock, SHE is happy. I suggest they stay there forever, for EVERYONE's peace of mind. Or return to a traditional traitor's nasty end in a dungeon in the Tower of London.

By the way, look at the attached photo to see how the Nigerians view the "arrangement."

Attachments

• Ginge & Whinge In Nigeria.jpg
    Ginge & Whinge In Nigeria.jpg
    112.5 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Can't believe in this day and age that they are posting checks. :unsure:
Nowt wrong wi' t'cheque; a lot more secure than your mobile phone. Date of writing and posting a cheque in Australia is the legal date of payment. ASIC accepts that. OK Harry and missus Harry are in the USA. They are a bit strange over there.

Harry left as a working member of the Royal Family. That doesn't make him not Royal. He is still a family member even with some questionable behavior. He seems to want to have his own branch.
Ginge wants what Whinge tells her pet to want.

Reactions: Rob44
Their ultimate problem seems to that one may have their head in the clouds while the other seems to have their head in their arse. It is to be noted that these positions are readily interchangeable and very often seem to be.

Reactions: Jest
And I think it should be made abundantly clear that their visits and trips around the world, especially the recent one to Nigeria, should not be treated as Royal anything…….These trips are not sanctioned by the Royal Family and they do not represent the British Royal Family anymore, since they are no longer working members……