Caught on camera: Frustrated customer exposes Australia Post's 'locked gate' excuse

As many know, the anticipation of waiting for a parcel to arrive can be quite the experience, filled with a mix of excitement and impatience.

However, what happens when that long-awaited package doesn't make it to your doorstep, and the reason given seems a bit... off?

Well, one Australia Post customer from Ningi, north of Brisbane, found himself in just such a predicament, and he had the CCTV footage to prove it.

The customer's frustration was palpable as he took to social media to share his story.

He had received a notification claiming that his parcel couldn't be delivered because his driveway gate was 'locked'.

However, the CCTV footage told a different story, showing the black gate wide open at the time of the supposed delivery attempt.

‘Good job AusPost,’ he wrote sarcastically on his post, sharing the alert and security clip side-by-side for all to see.

compressed-shutterstock_2046125999.jpeg
An Australia Post customer was frustrated after CCTV footage disproved the driver's excuse for not delivering his parcel. Credits: Shutterstock

However, this wasn't an isolated incident. Other locals chimed in with their own tales of delivery woes.

One woman mentioned, ‘This just happened to my sister as well, also in Ningi,’ to which the original poster responded, ‘I swear they didn’t get out of the truck—[the] camera would have picked it up. Must be all the same lazy bloke.’

Another person humorously suggested that the driver was perhaps too eager to start the long weekend.

The conversation quickly turned into a venting session, with numerous Australians sharing their own experiences of delivery disasters.

‘My husband watched the delivery guy stop yesterday, then drive off straight away—next came the message that the parcel would be left at the post office. Didn’t even attempt to make the delivery,’ one commenter recounted.

‘They used to come in our driveway at high speed, we had two entrances. In, throw delivery, [and] out in 5 seconds flat. Total joke, too bad about the wildlife on our property and God forbid if you had breakables in the package!’ another shared.

Similarly, another delivery driver's disrespectful behaviour towards a customer and their parcel had recently been brought to light, adding to the growing concerns about delivery service standards.

In response to the uproar, an Australia Post spokesperson assured the public that they are investigating the 'locked gate' incident.

They stated, ‘Australia Post takes seriously its responsibility to deliver mail and parcels and will investigate this issue. If a delivery does not meet the high standards we expect, we encourage customers to contact us directly.’

This incident highlights the frustration many Australians face when their parcels are not delivered as expected.

It's not uncommon for delivery drivers to use various excuses to avoid completing their deliveries, leaving customers feeling disappointed and inconvenienced as highlighted by a similar case in New South Wales.

This case serves as a reminder of the importance of reliable and professional delivery services, especially for seniors who rely on timely deliveries of their essentials and medications.
Key Takeaways
  • An Australia Post customer expressed frustration after CCTV disproved the driver's excuse for failing to deliver a parcel.
  • The alert claimed the gate was locked, but footage showed it was actually open.
  • Other locals in Ningi have reported similar issues with the delivery service.
  • Australia Post is investigating the incident and takes its delivery responsibilities seriously, encouraging customers with issues to make contact.
Have you had any delivery experiences that left you scratching your head? Or perhaps you've had positive encounters that restored your faith in the postal service? Share your stories in the comments below.

Sponsored
thank you Ezzy I'm going to follow up on what you said and see if I can get a reward for my beautiful man. He has a smile that would put the sun to shame. He really makes my day. I hope they do the rewards in Bundaberg.
As this is Australia Post l would hope this would apply Australia wide. I feel these people do a great job under difficult conditions too & deserve to be recognised. I wish you well with your kind gesture.

we have been lucky as we have no problems with our parcels but a few years ago despite a large number 6 our parcels went to number 10 or number 2. We didn’t always get them back either New staff. No problems

Reactions: Ezzy
Our Postie, who always delivers our parcels to a safe location, recently advised me that relief Posties, when he is on leave may not do the same as him. (if possible he will let us know we'll in advance when this will be). He also told me about a recent incident where someone had thrown a parcel delivery onto the property front lawn. He knocked on the door to advise the owner. If he removed this to a safe location & it went missing he would be blamed.