See this delivery driver's 'disrespectful' behaviour toward customer and parcel

In an age where online shopping has become a staple of convenience, the trust we place in delivery services to handle our parcels with care is paramount.

However, a recent incident has left many questioning the integrity of these services after a delivery driver's 'disrespectful' attitude was caught on camera.

The incident unfolded as a homeowner named Shane shared CCTV footage online of a delivery driver who tossed his package onto the dirt near the front fence.

The driver signed off the parcel on his handheld device, indicating the delivery was complete.

As he turned to leave, he noticed Shane watching, prompting him to pick up the parcel and hand it to him.

compressed-Delivery.jpeg
A deliveryman was caught on camera as he tossed a package to the ground, which he took back after realising he was being watched. Image Credit: TikTok/Shane

Shane shared the video online, with the caption, 'How my SpeedPak delivery arrived yesterday', and expressed his dismay.

An eBay spokesperson shared that SpeedPak is 'a cross-border logistics program launched by eBay', with Orange Connex as their service provider who 'executes the program'.

'Although having investment in Orange Connex, eBay has no direct oversight on their operations,' the spokesperson said.

'We do, however, monitor and escalate concerns from buyers and sellers on shipping services used to fulfil orders on eBay. I can confirm we are looking into the video you flagged.'

The video has since gone viral, with tens of thousands of viewers expressing outrage at the driver's careless actions.

'Happens to every second delivery I get now, no care is given,' one lamented.

'I'm more impressed with the edging on your lawn than the composure you displayed to the courier's disrespect,' another quipped.

'Could not even put it in the letterbox. Took a photo of the letterbox, then dropped it on the ground? Then laughed when he was caught,' a third pointed out.

This isn't the first time delivery services have come under fire.

Earlier in the year, an Australia Post driver was terminated after leaving a package outside the wrong house in Townsville.

The customer, whose package was misdelivered, expressed her frustration on social media, prompting Australia Post to apologise.

Another delivery driver was caught on camera fleeing a scene after hitting a Tesla in another incident.

The Tesla owner has reported the incident to police and had to deal with the aftermath of the collision.
Watch Shane’s footage here:

Source: shane..is..here/Tiktok

These incidents raise important questions about the safety and security of our packages.

With the rise of online shopping, delivery services should treat parcels with respect and diligence.

It's not just about the item inside; it's about consumers' trust in these companies to deliver their goods safely and correctly.
Key Takeaways

• A delivery driver was caught on CCTV mishandling a package by tossing it on the ground.
  • The homeowner shared the footage online, which showed the driver throwing down the parcel and then picking it up after realising he was being watched.
  • An eBay spokesperson mentioned that while eBay has invested in Orange Connex, the service provider for SpeedPAK, they do not directly oversee operations but monitor and escalate shipping concerns.
  • The video sparked outrage amongst viewers, with many criticising the lack of care shown by delivery services.
Have you had parcels mistreated or delivered to the wrong address? How did the delivery company handle your complaint? Share your stories with us in the comments section.

Reactions: Littleboy8 and Ezzy
Sponsored
I don't want to appear to be a racist but l had to complain to Temu about the company delivering my purchases from them (Temu). Oddly enough their delivery people were the same nationality & used similar delivery tactics. My purchases are now delivered by Auspost & l no longer have problems.

I watched an Aus post only yesterday across the street. He drove up the drive put the package down and turned to head back- no photo, no attempt to knock or buzz. The owner opened the door and he jumped and picked it up and handed it to him. I have had the same. I also had a courier a couple of weeks ago take photo of the package at my door and started walking back to the road. I opened the door and he came back and offered me to sign. I dont have any parcels due! No knock or buzzer attempted. it took my 7 or 8 steps to get to the door. Brought it inside and saw a different number and number that was not like mine - 18. Read 4!. I yelled out and have came and collected. He took a pic of me? Why? wasn't my parcel he didn't get back in his van, and walked a few door down to deliver. Guess he never rang them either. They simply want to do it quickly and not encounter people.

Reactions: Ezzy
I have the same problem with Aramax couriers. Parcel always thrown over fence which leave it in muddy wet situation. Have contacted Aramax on 3 occasions to get the same answer “ we will follow this up “ . But I never hear any more about problem and driver does the same thing with the next parcel.

Reactions: Ezzy