What would you want to see if you could travel in time?

• The past

Votes: 7 63.6%
  • The future

Votes: 3 27.3%
  • There is enough in the present

Votes: 1 9.1%

• Total voters
Your Say Sunday: What would you want to see if you could travel in time?

Happy Sunday!

Today we're tackling a big one, a question that spans time.

Without further ado:

What would you want to see if you could travel in time?

We've narrowed the suggestions down to:
  1. The past
  2. The future
  3. There is enough in the present
However, if there is something specific you would want to see, we would love to hear about it in the comments section below.

We can't wait to hear from you! :)

To be honest "I wouldn't time travel" I don't want to know the future and if I change anything in the past it would change what is happening now.

Reactions: Jarred Santos
I am happy in the present. I can learn about the past to find out what I want to know, I’m not sure I would cope in the future, it is hard enough now with the technology we have. I think in the future most people’s lives will be controlled by technology, no one will have choices, people will be slaves to robots, it is a bit scarey thinking about it.

Yes, I’m sure we all have things we would change. I would try perhaps to be a gentler mother (although my four children haven’t held it against me that I was quite strict), I would have moved earlier from our first little house, I would have learned to drive much sooner (I was nearly 45 when I finally got my licence), I would have made more of an effort with some of my friendships so that they didn’t fade away. Not that I’m sitting here berating myself, but a bit of accumulated wisdom would have been helpful. 🤣

Lovely and well-thought-out responses, everyone!

Well, it certainly is interesting, though not unexpected, how personal your respondents answers are - so far.
Only one person has hit upon a significant event in the past (the construction of the pyramids). I have had numerous discussions about this topic. All scenarios have had 100,000 slaves toiling away, pulling blocks of limestone up impossibly steep slopes and placing them. This is what they want you to believe. But get down to reality and ask yourself about the logistics. Feeding that many people. Housing that many people. Providing toilets for that many people. And yet there have been very few tools found that could cut the stone (and it hasn't been that long ago). The real answer is that it might have only taken 2000-5000 workers to construct the pyramids. The answer is obvious and has been scientifically proven that the stone in the pyramids is not really stone at all. Each block has been precast in site, in place, by a mixture of local sand and a binder (natron), i.e. geopolymer, brought up in buckets and dumped into a wooden mold. The wooden molds could be reused over and over and no cutting tools were necessary. As soon as the process was revealed around 1986 the Dept. of Egyptology cancelled access to the pyramids.

But I was derailed from my original thoughts about time. Wouldn't it be fantastic to go back to the Mesozoic and see the dinosaurs in real life. How they moved, how they lived and how they reproduced. And what caused their demise. Was the Earth really smaller then?? Less gravity to worry about and accounts for the appearance and young age of the Pacific Ocean. Then the Cainozoic megafauna of northern Australia. And more recently of course the biblical truths. Did things happen as is believed??? Very unlikely. Obfuscation was alive and well even back then. The ultimate truths might upset a lot of people.

The first thing on my mind when I read this question was also dinosaurs! One particular thing I'd like to find out is what their skin really looked like, since there's evidence suggesting that they may have been covered in feathers, much like modern day birds.

And also, I'd love to pet a velociraptor, since we're being honest here :LOL:

I would like to travel to the future to the time where everyone on Earth, regardless of race, colour and religion etc, has united into one race - the Human Race. Political system is run honestly so that we, as one, can concentrate on fixing our present home, producing plenty of food, medical treatment, clean water and then concentrate on space exploration. Find another planet, unoccupied preferably, to make a send home for us humans.

• Love
I would like to travel to the future to the time where everyone on Earth, regardless of race, colour and religion etc, has united into one race - the Human Race. Political system is run honestly so that we, as one, can concentrate on fixing our present home, producing plenty of food, medical treatment, clean water and then concentrate on space exploration. Find another planet, unoccupied preferably, to make a send home for us humans.
It would be such a lovely thing to say the word 'hate' to another person and find that they're completely unfamiliar with the idea simply because they've never come across it.

Reactions: brongreen
I think it would be amazing to witness the miracles of Jesus. Imagine seeing people raised from the dead, blind being healed, people with mental illnesses being set free from their torment, the turning of water into wine etc.

• Love
You'd want to live in a cave with a life expectancy of 19 Jared? 🤣🤣🤣🦖🦕🐉
Fair enough @KenBruce, but at least I get to pet a velociraptor even if it rips my hand off :ROFLMAO: tough one for the blokes to top! 🤪

I think it would be amazing to witness the miracles of Jesus. Imagine seeing people raised from the dead, blind being healed, people with mental illnesses being set free from their torment, the turning of water into wine etc.
Ah, yet another thing that would be interesting to experience!

I would love to go back in time to see how people lived 100-200 years ago. Also see what is going to happen to the world in years to come.

History has contributed to, and shaped our present….History has not been kind and our present is not a whole lot better…..and as a whole we have chosen to not learn very much at all…..humankind still wages bloody wars and practices cruelty in many forms……and while governments may try to do their best there is still uncertainty and unrest while many others live in misery, in squalor, in poverty and in fear of their lives if they say just one wrong word. I would go to the end of our existence on this planet to see if humankind has indeed been the architect of our own destruction…….did all the money in the world enable us to survive on another planet….what kind of human beings did we become, and was it all worth it in the end?
In all honesty, that is the last thing I would want. A bit like knowing the time, date and cause of my death. To quote Jack Nicholson "Truth, you can't handle the truth."
Some things are better left to fate🥺

Yeah, that is a very good Idea and I TOTALLY support it.

I'm okay with gay people though there are none at all in my own social group, as love is love. But good heavens, society is collapsing all around us, with this gender fluidity movement.

Poor archeologists uncovering skeletons and just writing W.T.F is that? possibly human. Legality has gone mad. I read that there's a 42-year-old guy in America that has legally identified himself as a baby (true) and MANY over there now identify themselves as cats and dogs, lounge lizards, etc. People are marrying trees and cars and their pets.

Children under 10 are legally allowed right now, to have gender changing operations in America. etc etc

Far more Global resource is being spent on warfare, than for global improvement. You couldn't make a movie as outrageous as what is going on. No wonder the ufo's come here in their off-world tour groups for aliens to watch it all collapse on us.

Come see Earth before its gone! Yep, our rating must be high.
...and they are going to make abortion illegal in the USA. Figure that one out, smh...

I have always been fascinated by the Roman Empire, in particular Pompeii. So I guess that would be my first port of call, pre the eruption of course 😁