Which streaming services are you subscribed to?

• Netflix

Votes: 28 80.0%
  • Foxtel

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Stan

Votes: 11 31.4%
  • Binge

Votes: 6 17.1%
  • Paramount Plus

Votes: 4 11.4%
  • Amazon Prime Video

Votes: 17 48.6%
  • Disney+

Votes: 7 20.0%
  • Apple TV Plus

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Other

Votes: 11 31.4%

• Total voters
SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
A

April Bradford

Administrator
Staff member
Jun 16, 2022
Your Say Sunday: Streaming Services and TV

Happy Sunday, members!

I hope the weekend is treating you well.

As you may be aware, we feature different free-to-air shows in each of our newsletters. This has us thinking, which streaming services are you signed up for?

This will help us recommend the best new releases that are accessible to you!

This poll allows you to select multiple answers so please select all that apply.

Happy streaming!

We have Foxtel which we have had for years.

I also have Netflix , Amazon Prime and Fetch.

We also have Binge and Disney plus which my kids pay for .

For music we have Spotify

When I don't feel like getting out of bed I will binge watch series .
I also know I always have something on hand to watch

Last edited:
Reactions: MarieL
None. Prefer to save my money, read a good book.
There are enough free to air channels, though I must admit there's a lot of crappy reality shows most of them an insult to your intelligence. Do people really believe these stupid goings on.

Reactions: Thecheesequeen
I have Netflix, Stan plus stream ABC and SBS. I find streaming suits me aasi can either binge watch or else stop at any point and resume when convenient, unlike free TV which is full of rubbish (in my opinion) reality shows

I have Netflix, Stan plus stream ABC and SBS. I find streaming suits me aasi can either binge watch or else stop at any point and resume when convenient, unlike free TV which is full of rubbish (in my opinion) reality shows
I agree about the reality shows. It actually staggers me how many people must watch this rubbish, otherwise why would they continue to make these shows.
I actually a have a friend who loves to bore me with the goings on in MAFS, I honestly can't believe she actually believes this garbage.
Perhaps there's something wrong with me??🤷

Reactions: Suzanne rose
We've had Foxtel for years, mainly for the sports channels.
Also, Netflix, BritBox, Amazon Prime, Disney and Crunchyroll. The advantage of these streaming apps, is that we can cancel at anytime, which Disney might be off the list soon as I find it a bit mediocre.

Reactions: Suzanne rose
I have Netflix through Foxtel, I pay for Stan. I have Amazon Prime where I get a lot of sites for free and I also found the joy of having an Amazon Fire-stick plugged into an older plasma TV and I have access to so many different channels it's wonderful, not that I sit here all day watching them, lol I love the old movie channel I have where I can watch movies I used to see as a kid with my lovely mum, Shirley Temple movies were her favourite and they are all on there

We have Netflix and enjoy the variety of films. We don't watch free to air TV anymore now, we hate all the ads.

Free to air for me....Currently watching Human Target and Body of Proof on 7Plus and Vigil on SBS onDemad

There was no option for “none”. We have no streaming services at all, not even Foxtel. The very few shows we watch are on free to air. Most days we watch only the news and then we switch off. When television first came into our house when I was seven, our family life all but stopped. It’s prejudiced me against tv ever since, and in fact we were twelve years married, with three children, before we even got a tv. We felt we could offer our children better options for entertainment. I have to admit, in the case of our oldest son, it was counterproductive, as he is now a tv addict! Our youngest son doesn’t even have free to air tv.

Reactions: Pommyoz
There was no option for “none”. We have no streaming services at all, not even Foxtel. The very few shows we watch are on free to air. Most days we watch only the news and then we switch off. When television first came into our house when I was seven, our family life all but stopped. It’s prejudiced me against tv ever since, and in fact we were twelve years married, with three children, before we even got a tv. We felt we could offer our children better options for entertainment. I have to admit, in the case of our oldest son, it was counterproductive, as he is now a tv addict! Our youngest son doesn’t even have free to air tv.
Your youngest son probably has a computer instead.
My boys weren't fixated on tv growing up, as they played competitive sports since they were 5yrs old, plus tv wasn't popular in those days for boys, it was a Playstation.

Yes, he does. He has a tv set, but not tuned in to free to air channels. He uses it for other things, like movies so he must have some sort of streaming services. All my children played competitive sports from early on, and still do today. And we’re very much into board games, cards, camping, bushwalking, family games days. They all have their own homes now, but we have regular gatherings to enjoy each other‘s company.

Your Say Sunday: Streaming Services and TV

Happy Sunday, members!

I hope the weekend is treating you well.

As you may be aware, we feature different free-to-air shows in each of our newsletters. This has us thinking, which streaming services are you signed up for?

This will help us recommend the best new releases that are accessible to you!

This poll allows you to select multiple answers so please select all that apply.

Happy streaming!

No streaming services for me thankyou. I really can't afford that extra expense at all nor do I want one. I am quite happy with the way I conduct my TV watching & recording. If I want a particular film. Jaz will download it from a free site for me so no expense at all.

No streaming services for me thankyou. I really can't afford that extra expense at all nor do I want one. I am quite happy with the way I conduct my TV watching & recording. If I want a particular film. Jaz will download it from a free site for me so no expense at all.
So many people complaining about the cost of living and yet they have a never ending list of streaming services. Go figure!!

• Sad
Reactions: kwazi
I've never had Foxtel.
I've had Netflix for years with 2 screens.
I also have Binge (only for WWE wrestling) with 2 screens.
My son, who lives with us has Prime and Stan with 2 screens each which gives me access.
I never watch live to air TV. Anything I want, I tape and watch later while zapping through the ads.
I prefer to watch movies on the streaming channels.
(I don't complain about the cost of living.)

I tried FOXTEL for one year but totally not worth the money for me at least NETFLIX is my number one great value plenty of TV shows to binge watch and movies also have PRIME which is great value too 👍🏻

I cannot understand anyone binges watching streaming services. I prefer to read which I do daily. Watching so much rubbish on TV is a gross waste of time. Doesn't anyone watch the news any more?

Television is my life these days, so i have Foxtel, Netflix, Prime, Bitbox, Acorn. By just streaming the foxtel packages i want when i want them, saves me money, i drop the sport package over xmas when nothing is on. By packaging channels with prime also saves me money. I do not drink or smoke and live a quiet life so spending a little of my money on my entertainment helps keep me sane.

Reactions: kwazi
I cannot understand anyone binges watching streaming services. I prefer to read which I do daily. Watching so much rubbish on TV is a gross waste of time. Doesn't anyone watch the news any more?
I hate the news now. So many mis-pronounced words, various races of reporters who can’t speak properly, slang Aussie words, it’s terrible. High pitched women are like fingernails down a chalkboard!!