Your pillow could be sabotaging your sleep! Here's why.

We all know how important it is to get a good night's rest. Not only does it give our bodies the necessary time to recharge and refresh, but it also gives us the energy we need to tackle the next day with energy and our minds alert.

But without the right kind of bedding, our bodies suffer for it. And what we lay our head on is usually the most important part of the equation.

Our pillows are essential for promoting the best kind of sleep, and on top of that, for keeping our spines and necks in alignment. Without a properly-supported head and neck, you are much more likely to experience pain in those areas when you wake up.

That's why it's so important to have a pillow that is best suited for your preferences and sleeping position. Even though comfort is highly subjective, some basic guidelines can be followed.

Back sleepers, for example, need something that is an average height for your head and neck to rest on. An option that isn't too low or too high is usually best.

Side sleepers should opt for something that is thicker and quite firm to really give them the support they need.

Stomach sleepers however can usually get away with a thinner pillow as they don't need as much support for their spine health.

But as with all pieces of bedding, over time pillows will wear down. So it's a good idea to keep track of when you first bought it to know when it's due for a replacement!

shutterstock_1159255600 (1).jpg
Your sleep woes could be caused by your pillow. Image Credit: Shutterstock

Other signs that you should snag yourself a new pillow include any smells or if it's become very flat and no longer has a healthy bounce-back.

Not sure where to start looking for your perfect pillow?

How about something adjustable? Personally, there’s nothing worse than investing in a side or back sleeper-specific pillow, only for my preferences to seemingly change overnight. I need something that can do it all. My recommendation?

Something adjustable! Let’s take a look at an example.

Emma Diamond Pillow

Emma Sleep’s Diamond Degree technology* ensures you have a cool, relaxing sleep throughout the night. But the best part is the personalised support from adjustable foam layers*. If that wasn’t enough, it also has the ever-important breathable, machine-washable cover.

Now, for the best news yet. If it’s time to upgrade your mattress* AND pillow*, you could nab the Emma Diamond Pillow (worth $189) for FREE*.

au_am_popup_360x360 (1) (1).png
We love a freebie! Image Credit: Emma Sleep

From August 15 to August 28, 2023 11:59 PM AEST, Emma Sleep* is offering members a FREE Emma Diamond Pillow with every mattress purchase*. They’ve also kindly provided a 10% off sitewide discount code (EMMASW10)* to help you save even more!

So you’ve heard about their pillow*, but what about their mattresses*? Oh, you mean 2021, 2022, and 2023’s Top Scoring Mattress by CHOICE*, the Emma Comfort Mattress, now available for as low as $522*? Need we say more? ;)

Key Takeaways

The best way to find out whether this pillow is right for you is right from the comfort of your own home. That's why Emma Sleep will give you 100 Nights to test* your Emma Diamond Pillow*. If you decide it's not quite right, you can send it back for free.

You don't even have to worry about paying to get the Emma Diamond Pillow* to your home. Delivery is free and if Emma is not for you, they pick it up from your address at no cost to you*.

So members, if you've been experiencing pain, neck kinks, or just really restless sleep, it could very well be due to that trusty pillow you've been using. Get yourself a new one today* or try experimenting with different types to find out the best one for you. It could make all the difference in how you sleep!

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!

Sponsored
I wish that I had been able to find the right pillow for me, over the last few years I have spent far too many $$$ buying pillows that promised to be correct for my sleeping position, I usually sleep on my side but sometimes on my back and nothing seemed to work, I still woke every morning with headaches and a sore/painful back. I was given the answer to that problem after a recent Cat scan where arthritis in my spine was diagnosed, I guess pain killers every morning are the way forward now, not sure what else I can do

I've had many pillows over the years from reasonable to moderate pricing all failed..I finally tried memory foam best thing I ever did they are fantastic . Mine was medium priced they start soft medium,and hard I got the soft one which is brilliant and it has double covers on. Where did I get it Aldi would you believe and it's so well made

We all know how important it is to get a good night's rest. Not only does it give our bodies the necessary time to recharge and refresh, but it also gives us the energy we need to tackle the next day with energy and our minds alert.

But without the right kind of bedding, our bodies suffer for it. And what we lay our head on is usually the most important part of the equation.

Our pillows are essential for promoting the best kind of sleep, and on top of that, for keeping our spines and necks in alignment. Without a properly-supported head and neck, you are much more likely to experience pain in those areas when you wake up.

That's why it's so important to have a pillow that is best suited for your preferences and sleeping position. Even though comfort is highly subjective, some basic guidelines can be followed.

Back sleepers, for example, need something that is an average height for your head and neck to rest on. An option that isn't too low or too high is usually best.

Side sleepers should opt for something that is thicker and quite firm to really give them the support they need.

Stomach sleepers however can usually get away with a thinner pillow as they don't need as much support for their spine health.

But as with all pieces of bedding, over time pillows will wear down. So it's a good idea to keep track of when you first bought it to know when it's due for a replacement!

View attachment 27481
Your sleep woes could be caused by your pillow. Image Credit: Shutterstock

Other signs that you should snag yourself a new pillow include any smells or if it's become very flat and no longer has a healthy bounce-back.

Not sure where to start looking for your perfect pillow?

How about something adjustable? Personally, there’s nothing worse than investing in a side or back sleeper-specific pillow, only for my preferences to seemingly change overnight. I need something that can do it all. My recommendation?

Something adjustable! Let’s take a look at an example.

Emma Diamond Pillow

Emma Sleep’s Diamond Degree technology* ensures you have a cool, relaxing sleep throughout the night. But the best part is the personalised support from adjustable foam layers*. If that wasn’t enough, it also has the ever-important breathable, machine-washable cover.

Now, for the best news yet. If it’s time to upgrade your mattress* AND pillow*, you could nab the Emma Diamond Pillow (worth $189) for FREE*.

View attachment 27482
We love a freebie! Image Credit: Emma Sleep

From August 15 to August 28, 2023 11:59 PM AEST, Emma Sleep* is offering members a FREE Emma Diamond Pillow with every mattress purchase*. They’ve also kindly provided a 10% off sitewide discount code (EMMASW10)* to help you save even more!

So you’ve heard about their pillow*, but what about their mattresses*? Oh, you mean 2021, 2022, and 2023’s Top Scoring Mattress by CHOICE*, the Emma Comfort Mattress, now available for as low as $522*? Need we say more? ;)

Key Takeaways

The best way to find out whether this pillow is right for you is right from the comfort of your own home. That's why Emma Sleep will give you 100 Nights to test* your Emma Diamond Pillow*. If you decide it's not quite right, you can send it back for free.

You don't even have to worry about paying to get the Emma Diamond Pillow* to your home. Delivery is free and if Emma is not for you, they pick it up from your address at no cost to you*.

So members, if you've been experiencing pain, neck kinks, or just really restless sleep, it could very well be due to that trusty pillow you've been using. Get yourself a new one today* or try experimenting with different types to find out the best one for you. It could make all the difference in how you sleep!

*Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission to write an article or post a deal. We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!

Reactions: Granny*Deb
I think Emma mattresses are great, but the price tag is awfully high even when they're flogging them at 50% off. Still a lot to pay.

Reactions: Veggiepatch