Actually read a book from cover to cover. There are times when I get ⅔ thru and have had enough and put it down. I need suggestions to get a good read.
It depends on what interests you, crime, war, romance etc. etc. You tell us what you like and we'll give you some good read options. I would suggest they don't have to be too thick to get you going. have you tried any of the Readers Digests Condensed Books? They are books with shortened novels in them, usually about 4, that you can read easily and they give you an idea of what you like and don't like, maybe start there. :)

Reactions: Pistol
I would love to go to Tasmania and travel around. My Grandfather came from Tasmania.
That was on my list too. We came for 6 months and 3 years later we are still here!
Try really, really hard to make it over here, you won't regret it!

Reactions: Ricci
The top of my bucket list and unless I win a major prize on lotto I will never do - is go to America and be at a finals game of NBA and not sit up in the rafters!
My previous top was to see snow and then to see snow falling - now I live in Tasmania that one is ticked!

On my bucket list is to see the splendour of the Northern Lights. I went on a cruise / land tour through Norway & Finland which was an amazing holiday with a great group of people including a night in a glass roof igloo especially made for viewing the lights from your bed! Unfortunately however despite promising conditions, clouds rolled in & we didn’t get to see the Lights in any location, just a few little glimpses of colour on the cruise. I would like to try my luck in Iceland next.

I would love to swim with dolphins.

Indoor skydiving in a wind tunnel looks like amazing fun.

I would like to visit Alice Springs, see Uluru, have dinner under the stars & see the light show. Travel one way on the Ghan would top it off especially if it made a stop at Coober Pedy.

Fly business class to an overseas destination, ideally to attend my eldest son’s wedding in the U.S later this year, even cheap economy flights would be great! 😆

Enrol in a rock and roll dance class group.

Become a grandmother. This one will come to fruition April of this year!

Your Bucket List

I want to know members... What is or was on your bucket list?

For those of you who have done what was on your bucket list, was it as good as you thought it would have been? Or was it a let down?

Tell me everything! I can't wait to read this thread and see what you all have to say :)
My bucket list 15 years ago was to equip a village soccer team in Bali when I went there after the bombings. I was so saddened but impressed by the beautiful, kind people who were now without jobs, schooling or social assistance, due to loss of tourism through no fault of their own. Within a year and thanks to the Sunshine Coast Soccer Federation changing its name to Football Federation I received 60 kilos of brand new uniforms, including dresswear from under 6s through to adults and officials. I also received old boots through visiting Clubs and schools. I called my project "Boots for Bali" and since then through fundraising I have helped my Balinese friend equip 5 village teams, two volleyball teams, equip children with soccer boots and then I began a project to equip a bare village kindergarten with two furnished classrooms, a teachers room, kitchen so no child went hungry and safe, covered play equipment. Through connecting with a Dutch charity we now also have a special needs room. Then my inspiring Balinese friend began a volunteer school for impoverished children unable to afford government school fees and we had a wonderful little school on donated land where the children learnt English, Maths, Bahasa, Cultural activities, environmental lessons and their parents built a recycling centre. Each fortnight the children, friends and parents would clean up neighbouring villages and beaches, sorting and recycling to help keep the school running, along with fundraising by me and donations from tourists who visited. My husband and I were so honoured and proud to see all this happen despite us being Aussie aged pensioners. Then COVID!!!! Our school was closed down, the buildings reclaimed by the landowner. My inspirational friend kept hungry children and their families fed by begging food from relatives' farms and making meals in his little warung. In past few months he has got his Trash Heroes out again cleaning up and recycling. Now my Bucket List prayer is about to begin again. After three years of lockdowns, surgeries, ill health and our own financial struggles I am returning next month. My husband is unable to travel. I have very little to donate except my heart and prayers that we might find a way to get our little school up and running again. I am sure I will spend most of my ten days there in tears over what we achieved and lost but while I have breath I must try. If you are still reading this, thank you. You might like to look at my "Boots for Bali " FB page and just a 'like' will encourage me to keep on. The photo was on my last visit before Covid struck our dreams.

Attachments

• Eileen with Samuh Harapan.jpg
    Eileen with Samuh Harapan.jpg
    229.9 KB · Views: 0
My bucket list 15 years ago was to equip a village soccer team in Bali when I went there after the bombings. I was so saddened but impressed by the beautiful, kind people who were now without jobs, schooling or social assistance, due to loss of tourism through no fault of their own. Within a year and thanks to the Sunshine Coast Soccer Federation changing its name to Football Federation I received 60 kilos of brand new uniforms, including dresswear from under 6s through to adults and officials. I also received old boots through visiting Clubs and schools. I called my project "Boots for Bali" and since then through fundraising I have helped my Balinese friend equip 5 village teams, two volleyball teams, equip children with soccer boots and then I began a project to equip a bare village kindergarten with two furnished classrooms, a teachers room, kitchen so no child went hungry and safe, covered play equipment. Through connecting with a Dutch charity we now also have a special needs room. Then my inspiring Balinese friend began a volunteer school for impoverished children unable to afford government school fees and we had a wonderful little school on donated land where the children learnt English, Maths, Bahasa, Cultural activities, environmental lessons and their parents built a recycling centre. Each fortnight the children, friends and parents would clean up neighbouring villages and beaches, sorting and recycling to help keep the school running, along with fundraising by me and donations from tourists who visited. My husband and I were so honoured and proud to see all this happen despite us being Aussie aged pensioners. Then COVID!!!! Our school was closed down, the buildings reclaimed by the landowner. My inspirational friend kept hungry children and their families fed by begging food from relatives' farms and making meals in his little warung. In past few months he has got his Trash Heroes out again cleaning up and recycling. Now my Bucket List prayer is about to begin again. After three years of lockdowns, surgeries, ill health and our own financial struggles I am returning next month. My husband is unable to travel. I have very little to donate except my heart and prayers that we might find a way to get our little school up and running again. I am sure I will spend most of my ten days there in tears over what we achieved and lost but while I have breath I must try. If you are still reading this, thank you. You might like to look at my "Boots for Bali " FB page and just a 'like' will encourage me to keep on. The photo was on my last visit before Covid struck our dreams.
You are my new hero. What amazing things you are all doing . I don't know how I missed reading your post.
Please let us know if you went back and how was the trip.

Is there somewhere people can donate .

😞