SDC Rewards Member Upgrade yours now
M

Maddison Dwyer

Administrator
Staff member
Aug 20, 2021
Your Bucket List

I want to know members... What is or was on your bucket list?

For those of you who have done what was on your bucket list, was it as good as you thought it would have been? Or was it a let down?

Tell me everything! I can't wait to read this thread and see what you all have to say :)

Reactions: EILEEN W and Liag
I had always wanted to go to Lebanon. So in 2011 & again in 2012 I took myself there! The first time I stayed in a traditional home with a family where a hot shower was never guaranteed as electricity is rationed by the government. The second visit was in a hotel which had divine buffet breakfasts consisting of freshly baked croissants, a variety of fruit and breads and two chefs who would cook whatever you wanted on the spot!
There were many more highlights. One was getting my face done like a princess by Arabic makeup artists. Another was visiting the home of a notorious Hezbollah member. His family could not have been nicer but I dreaded to think what he got up to when he was at work!

Last edited:
I’ve had a bucket list of fifty items since way before the term was even used. I”ve ticked off many, and keep adding new ones so it’s always at fifty. I”ve flown a light plane, hiked the Rockies in Canada, seen bears in the wild, been a tour guide at a wildlife sanctuary, held a snake.

Your Bucket List

For those of you who have done what was on your bucket list, was it as good as you thought it would have been? Or was it a let down?

Tell me everything! I can't wait to read this thread and see what you all have to say :)
I want to go to Antarctica to get up close with the Emperor penguins as I love penguins. I would do my "penguin walk" alongside them.

The only things left on my bucket list are things I will never get to do unfortunately. 1. Go on a horse drawn caravan holiday. This is a holiday option in Ireland and I just loved the idea of winding the clock back and travelling at a much slower pace. 2. Similarly I would have loved to holiday on a canal narrowboat. Puttering along the English canals at little more than walking pace, travelling through the umpteen locks and really taking the time to view the passing countryside. I have had houseboat holidays here but there is something romantic about a narrowboat. Unfortunately my health forbids long haul travel now so getting there would be impossible, but I can still dream! :)

Your Bucket List

Your Bucket List

Actually read a book from cover to cover. There are times when I get ⅔ thru and have had enough and put it down. I need suggestions to get a good read.

The Australian Open and Wimbledon - even tho I’ve never played tennis. The Edinburgh Military Tattoo (which we always watched as kids and still do today). Antartica. A European river cruise (have ocean cruised a lot). Need to work on my list, I’ve been lucky to do a few things I would have had on it I’d I’d had one at the time - theatre at The West End and Broadway, Alaska, Pompeii, snorkelling in the Caribbean, Olympics (Sydney just for a day but was soooo lucky to see Cathy Freeman win gold).

The Australian Open and Wimbledon - even tho I’ve never played tennis. The Edinburgh Military Tattoo (which we always watched as kids and still do today). Antartica. A European river cruise (have ocean cruised a lot). Need to work on my list, I’ve been lucky to do a few things I would have had on it I’d I’d had one at the time - theatre at The West End and Broadway, Alaska, Pompeii, snorkelling in the Caribbean, Olympics (Sydney just for a day but was soooo lucky to see Cathy Freeman win gold).
Oh and to take my grandkids to Disneyland - bloody covid !!! I’ve been and promised myself the first night standing in Main Street watching fireworks over the Disney Castle that I would take my grandkids - and I didn’t even have any then. Hopefully next year

I would love to visit Darwin and then travel on The Ghan to Adelaide, then fly home. Always wanted to do it but it is now so expensive!
Just do it. the Ghan should be on my list. My mum always wanted to do that trip but thought it was too expensive and then it was too late as she suffered from dementia before she passed away. Now I have to talk my sister into doing it as a tribute to mum. I heard it’s great to do during a full moon as the desert is visible at night

Reactions: Wandiwa and Ricci
Your Bucket List

Having converted to Buddhism, I wanted to see His Holiness the Dalai Lama in person, and was fortunate enough to be able to do that twice at different conferences in Sydney some years ago. He is such an amazing human being and a wonderful speaker, with so much wisdom.

Reactions: Ricci and Ma-to-3
Actually read a book from cover to cover. There are times when I get ⅔ thru and have had enough and put it down. I need suggestions to get a good read.
Depends what you are into. What tv shows do you like ? James Patterson is a face paced easy crime read, love his Alex Cross series. I also love Patricia Cornwell, Kathy Reichs and Michael Connelly. There are some good Aussie authors around too - this morning I finished Black River by Matthew Spencer which is his first book and I loved it. I usually read 80+ books each year, reading is so much more exciting than house work 😆😆

Reactions: Pistol and Ricci
Your Bucket List