Your beloved biscuits have transformed into hot cross bun flavours: ‘Now I can share the same tradition with my grandkids’

In a delightful twist that's sure to tantalise Aussie taste buds, Coles has partnered with Arnott’s Biscuits to bring a limited edition of hot cross buns inspired by your favourite biscuit flavours.

Yes, you read that right! Your beloved Iced VoVo and Pizza Shapes are now available as hot cross buns, adding a unique spin to the traditional Easter treat.

This innovative collaboration is not just about creating a new culinary sensation but also about bridging generational gaps and reviving nostalgic memories.

Deb Salter, a grandmother of three, shared how the new hot cross bun flavours reminded her of the times she prepared snacks for her children—and now her grandchildren.

'My kids grew up enjoying these Arnott’s biscuits for morning tea or an afternoon snack. Now I can share the same tradition with my grandkids,' she said.

'I have no doubt the new hot cross flavours will create nostalgic memories for many Australian families.'

Photo_20240202_083627_0000.png
Coles and Arnott’s Biscuits has released an Iced VoVo hot cross buns variant. Image source: TikTok/@angeeats.

Her nine-year-old granddaughter, Ava Heffernan, was equally thrilled about the flavour mashups.

'At home or visiting Grandma Deb’s house, I’m always in the cupboard looking for sweet biscuits. I love Iced VoVos, so it’s awesome to eat it as a hot cross bun flavour—it’s so [yummy].'

The Coles Arnott’s Iced VoVo-inspired hot cross buns are a delightful blend of the classic flavours of the iconic Iced VoVo biscuit.

They feature raspberry fudge, jellies, and white chocolate, all topped off with a sprinkle of desiccated coconut.

On the other hand, the Coles Arnott’s Pizza Shapes-flavoured variety is a savoury treat with parmesan and cheddar cheese, topped with 'flavour you can see'.

SDC 4.png
Coles has partnered with Arnott’s Biscuits to offer limited edition Pizza Shapes hot cross buns. Image source: TikTok/@nectoriouspapi.

Kate Roff, Coles General Manager of Bakery, expressed her excitement about the partnership with Arnott’s.

'We continue to be overwhelmed with the popularity of our other bespoke buns, and we anticipate this new range will be no different,' she said.

'Pizza Shapes and Iced VoVo are family household favourites, and customers will be surprised and delighted by how similar the flavours are when they try the irresistible Easter treats.'

These limited-edition buns are the latest innovative creations to roll out of the Coles Bakery. They follow the success of other flavour mash-ups, including the iconic Vegemite and Cheese Hot Cross Buns and previous flavour creations like Red Velvet and Carrot Cake varieties.

Ranita Cowled, Business Director at The Arnott’s Group, believes that the 'new Hot Cross Bun range from Coles inspired by Arnott’s Pizza Shapes and Iced VoVo biscuits is the perfect addition to your morning or as an afternoon treat, which the whole family can enjoy'.

So, why not add a little excitement to your tea time with these surprising hot cross bun flavours?

It's a sweet and savoury surprise that's sure to make your Easter celebrations even more memorable.
Key Takeaways
  • Coles has partnered with Arnott's Biscuits to release limited edition Iced VoVo and Pizza Shapes hot cross buns.
  • The new flavours aim to revive nostalgic memories for Australian families and bridge generational gaps.
  • Coles said that these unique flavour mash-ups will be as popular as previous bespoke bun varieties, such as Vegemite and Cheese Hot Cross Buns.
  • Available nationally, these hot cross buns blend classic biscuit flavours with traditional Easter treats, offering a new taste experience for customers.
Have you tried these new flavours yet? Share your thoughts with us in the comments below. We'd love to hear about your experience!

Sponsored
These different flavours would be interesting to try to see what the hype is about but I would not buy a 6 pack in case I didn't like them. I do enjoy the original hot cross buns but I buy them from my baker, as they are more superior in flavour that any of the major supermarket ones. Sounding like a bit of a snob ha ha

These different flavours would be interesting to try to see what the hype is about but I would not buy a 6 pack in case I didn't like them. I do enjoy the original hot cross buns but I buy them from my baker, as they are more superior in flavour that any of the major supermarket ones. Sounding like a bit of a snob ha ha
Bakers buns are usually better.

Every second thing or person on these newsletters is 'Beloved".
Back in the day we learnt to write our own prose and keep it interesting by not usung one ridiculous adjective over and over again,
Way too full of "beloved" persons and "beloved" items or "beloved" foods or "beloved" drinks. Learn a few more words....please.

Every second thing or person on these newsletters is 'Beloved".
Back in the day we learnt to write our own prose and keep it interesting by not usung one ridiculous adjective over and over again,
Way too full of "beloved" persons and "beloved" items or "beloved" foods or "beloved" drinks. Learn a few more words....please.
A thesaurus as well as spell checking would be nice. After spending years being concerned with the use of correct English and also spell checking I fear that our language is being fed to the lions.

Reactions: gamiry
I will not buy Easter buns until 2-3 weeks before Easter. I takes away all the excitement of Easter for the young children the used to wait for them.. By the time Easter comes it has no meaning.....