You wouldn't pay someone to change your TV remote batteries, so why would you pay a mechanic for this?

In the realm of car maintenance, there are tasks that might seem daunting but are, in fact, surprisingly simple and can be done right at home. One such task is replacing your car's wiper blades*. It's a chore that many Australians pay a mechanic to handle, but is it really necessary to spend your hard-earned money on something you can easily do yourself?

Let's break down the myth that you need a 'professional' to change your wipers. The truth is that replacing wiper blades is as straightforward as changing a lightbulb or swapping out the batteries in your TV remote. It doesn't require any special tools or mechanical know-how. In fact, it's a quick and painless process that can save you both time and money*.

shutterstock_1591722070 (1).jpg
Did you know it’s quick and easy to change your wiper blades at home? Image Credit: Shutterstock

Of course, some are easier to install than others. Wipertech’s wiper blades* are designed to offer a smooth, streak-free wipe and are incredibly easy to install.

Here's how you can take charge of this simple car maintenance task:

Step 1: Start by selecting the correct wiper blades for your car make and model on Wipertech’s website*. This ensures a perfect fit and optimal performance.

Step 2: Once you've made your selection, simply hit the order button to purchase your new wiper blades*.

Step 3: After receiving your wiper blades, you'll be ready to fit them to your vehicle. Don't worry if you're unsure how to do it; Wipertech has got you covered with a helpful video tutorial* tailored to a car like yours.

The process is as easy as 1-2-3, and with Wipertech, you're not just buying any wiper blades*; you're investing in premium quality with the assurance of a 12-month warranty*. Plus, the video guide provided makes the installation process a breeze, even for those who have never attempted it before.

Wipertech wiper blades are*:
Key Takeaways

So, before you consider paying a mechanic to replace your wiper blades, remember that you have the power to do it yourself. It's an empowering feeling to take control of your car's maintenance, and it's also kinder to your wallet.

Plus, score 15% off and free express delivery* with an exclusive Wipertech discount code* (SDC15OFF) available for all Seniors Discount Club members.

If you're ready to experience the ease of installing premium quality wiper blades, look no further*. In the rare case that the wipers you need are out-of-stock or not listed, don't hesitate to reach out to their team. Wipertech is constantly updating its inventory* with new vehicle models, and its customer support team* is dedicated to helping you find the right wipers for your car.

Shop their range now*.

Remember, you wouldn't pay someone to replace the batteries in your TV remote, so why pay a mechanic to replace your wipers*? Take the plunge and discover just how simple and satisfying DIY car maintenance can be.

Please note, members, that this is a sponsored article. All content of ours that has an asterisk next to it means we may get a commission when you click on a link – at no cost to you! We do this to assist with the costs of running the SDC. Thank you!

Reactions: Ezzy
Sponsored
I've never heard of anyone using a mechanic to replace wiper blades. I get the distinct impression this is an ad for Wipertech disguised as a story. As for it being "empowering"? What a load of codswallop. I've changed mine myself since I first had a car 50 years ago. I'm yet to find it empowering. LOL

Replaced my wiperblades with Wipertec blades the other day. These really are good blades and like the ad ad says, they are so easy to swap over. A kid could fit these blades in no time. The blades arrived in record time and the quality is excellent as is the communication from Vijay. Also cheaper than Kia replacements.

Reactions: Gsr
dont you just hate addless adds...we really aren't that stupid, If a product is good you dont have to fib ,word of mouth works...one just doesn't know who to believe anymore.. this kind of addless adds just make skeptics of us.Who do you believe?

I've bought Wipertech blades too and they are great. When we get our car serviced, we have to tell the mechanic not to put new blades on. Yes, mechanics will do this!

dont you just hate addless adds...we really aren't that stupid, If a product is good you dont have to fib ,word of mouth works...one just doesn't know who to believe anymore.. this kind of addless adds just make skeptics of us.Who do you believe?
If you are referring to my comment, I did buy new blades and yes, word of mouth is the best advice. That's why I wrote this comment in the first place. It took less than two minutes to fit. I would never recommend a product if it didn't live up to it's name.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240315_171640_Proton Mail.jpg
    Screenshot_20240315_171640_Proton Mail.jpg
    65.1 KB · Views: 0
I've never heard of anyone using a mechanic to replace wiper blades. I get the distinct impression this is an ad for Wipertech disguised as a story. As for it being "empowering"? What a load of codswallop. I've changed mine myself since I first had a car 50 years ago. I'm yet to find it empowering. LOL
When we get our car serviced, if the mechanic says we need them he changes them. We have 100% confidence in our mechanic and have been going to him for about 5 years. He doesn't touch anything unless he tells us what is wrong and if it's urgent to replace or if we can wait until the next service.

Luckily I have a hubby who can do most repairs and services on our vehicles. He is not a qualified mechanic but grew up on a farm and has always tinkered with and fixed anything mechanical. He taught our son to do the same and has been teaching our grandson since he was 8 how to fix most problems with cars. Our grandson is now a first year light vehicle mechanic and his bosses are amazed at what he already knows. A lot of our grandsons mates come and ask hubby’s advice on problems with their cars and he helps them out. Our grandson is learning how to work on the newer model cars so he will be able to work on older models as well as newer more electronic, computer enhanced motors when he has finished his apprenticeship.

Whenever I think any ol' mechanic can be trusted, I remember the bolts on my tyre popping off while I was driving home after they'd just put on my spare. A puncture and then nearly losing the entire tyre mid-drive and searching on a busy road between traffic for the bolts - not my favourite day on the road.

Reactions: Penny4