You won't believe what this Woolworths shopper found in a tin of beans!

Warning: This article contains disturbing images and explicit descriptions of a dead rodent. Reader discretion is advised.

While preservative-filled meals can be an easy last-minute meal fix, one Woolies shopper has recently encountered a disgusting surprise inside a tin of kidney beans.

The mum claims she found the remains of what appears to be a rodent inside the can when she opened it to create a meal for her family.

She posted the photos on social media with the caption: 'On opening it to create a family meal, to my disgust out came a dead rat and a handful of beans sealed in the tin.'

compressed-4.jpeg
A Woolworths shopper discovered a ‘disgusting’ surprise in a can of bean tin. Credit: haireena/Shutterstok

The post included photos that showed the creature was 'quite visible'.

'This incident was traumatic to myself and my children, who also witnessed what came out of the can, and I have since thrown out everything it touched for fear of contamination and harm to myself and my family,' she continued.

Caution: If you're sensitive to graphic content, it’s best to look away.

Screenshot 2023-09-01 082335.png
The shopper posted photos of her discovery on social media. Credit: Taylah Johnstone/Facebook

The shopper made sure to contact Woolworths immediately, hoping they'd recall the product and remove the stock from shelves to make sure no one else got contaminated. However, the retailer refuted her claims.

‘After numerous phone calls with Woolworths, so they could conduct “further investigations into the matter”, they phoned me back to advise that they do not believe this to be a rat when clearly there was fur in my colander, which can also be seen in the photo,’ the mum stated.

Although Woolworths offered the woman a $30 gift voucher, she was understandably not pleased with the offer.

'They're basically calling me a liar,' she expressed.

On top of that, the woman believes there could be another tin out there with the creature's missing tail, which is even more concerning.

Woolworths has made a statement on the matter and said they'll be investigating the incident.

‘We take food safety and quality seriously and are aware of the customer's report,’ a spokesperson said. ‘This appears to be an isolated incident, and we're investigating with our supply partner.’

This isn't the first time a Woolies customer has encountered a disgusting surprise inside fresh produce, either–a woman claimed she found a partially dismembered mouse in a bag of kale and spinach last year.

The woman also shared the photos on social media, and expressed that the incident has left her ‘traumatised, nauseous, sickened, and rattled’.

Woolworths was also informed of the issue and said they passed the incident to their supply partners.

‘If our customers are ever concerned with the quality of our products, we encourage them to contact their local store for a replacement and refund,’ a spokesperson shared.

Key Takeaways
  • A woman claims to have found remnants of what she believes to be a rodent in a can of kidney beans purchased from Woolworths.
  • She shared images of her disturbing find on social media and reported the incident to Woolworths, hoping for a product recall.
  • The woman says Woolworths offered her a $30 voucher and denied her claim, suggesting the object was not a rat, a response she found unsatisfactory.
  • Woolworths has said it takes food safety and quality seriously, is investigating the incident with its supply partner, and so far, considers it an isolated occurrence.

Members, if you do happen to come across anything that you feel unsafe about, don’t hesitate to contact the customer service department of the store from where you purchased it and explain the issue.

What do you think of this unfortunate find, members? Have you encountered a similar incident? Share them in the comments below!

Sponsored
Warning: This article contains disturbing images and explicit descriptions of a dead rodent. Reader discretion is advised.

While preservative-filled meals can be an easy last-minute meal fix, one Woolies shopper has recently encountered a disgusting surprise inside a tin of kidney beans.

The mum claims she found the remains of what appears to be a rodent inside the can when she opened it to create a meal for her family.

She posted the photos on social media with the caption: 'On opening it to create a family meal, to my disgust out came a dead rat and a handful of beans sealed in the tin.'

View attachment 28852
A Woolworths shopper discovered a ‘disgusting’ surprise in a can of bean tin. Credit: haireena/Shutterstok

'This incident was traumatic to myself and my children, who also witnessed what came out of the can, and I have since thrown out everything it touched for fear of contamination and harm to myself and my family,' she continued.

View attachment 28851
The shopper posted photos of her discovery on social media. Credit: Taylah Johnstone/Facebook

The shopper made sure to contact Woolworths immediately, hoping they'd recall the product and remove the stock from shelves to make sure no one else got contaminated. However, the retailer refuted her claims.

‘After numerous phone calls with Woolworths, so they could conduct “further investigations into the matter”, they phoned me back to advise that they do not believe this to be a rat when clearly there was fur in my colander, which can also be seen in the photo,’ the mum stated.

Although Woolworths offered the woman a $30 gift voucher, she was understandably not pleased with the offer.

On top of that, the woman believes there could be another tin out there with the creature's missing tail, which is even more concerning.

Woolworths has made a statement on the matter and said they'll be investigating the incident.

‘We take food safety and quality seriously and are aware of the customer's report,’ a spokesperson said. ‘This appears to be an isolated incident, and we're investigating with our supply partner.’

This isn't the first time a Woolies customer has encountered a disgusting surprise inside fresh produce, either–a woman claimed she found a partially dismembered mouse in a bag of kale and spinach last year.

The woman also shared the photos on social media, and expressed that the incident has left her ‘traumatised, nauseous, sickened, and rattled’.

Woolworths was also informed of the issue and said they passed the incident to their supply partners.

‘If our customers are ever concerned with the quality of our products, we encourage them to contact their local store for a replacement and refund,’ a spokesperson shared.

Key Takeaways

• A woman claims to have found remnants of what she believes to be a rodent in a can of kidney beans purchased from Woolworths.
  • She shared images of her disturbing find on social media and reported the incident to Woolworths, hoping for a product recall.
  • The woman says Woolworths offered her a $30 voucher and denied her claim, suggesting the object was not a rat, a response she found unsatisfactory.
  • Woolworths has said it takes food safety and quality seriously, is investigating the incident with its supply partner, and so far, considers it an isolated occurrence.

Members, if you do happen to come across anything that you feel unsafe about, don’t hesitate to contact the customer service department of the store from where you purchased it and explain the issue.

What do you think of this unfortunate find, members? Have you encountered a similar incident? Share them in the comments below!
🤮

"The woman also shared the photos on social media, and expressed that the incident has left her ‘traumatised....."

Why is this the stock reply to an inconsequential event such as this? A ploy designed to reap as much compensation as possible?

Or maybe the woman was vegan and was abhorred at the sight of a dead animal which potentially could have been part of her meal. :LOL:

View attachment 28852

View attachment 28851

Key Takeaways

View attachment 28852

View attachment 28851

Key Takeaways

$30 voucher to shut up about it pretty piss poor from Woolworths but what would you expect take a line from sale would cost them thousands of dollars in lost profits 📈 🤔 wouldn't expect any worry to the consumer WE ARE THE FRESH FOOD PEOPLE 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣it was fresh alright meat and bean's what else would you expect from a South African company 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬

View attachment 28852

View attachment 28851

Key Takeaways

$30 voucher to shut up about it pretty piss poor from Woolworths but what would you expect take a line from sale would cost them thousands of dollars in lost profits 📈 🤔 wouldn't expect any worry to the consumer WE ARE THE FRESH FOOD PEOPLE 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣it was fresh alright meat and bean's what else would you expect from a South African company 🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬🤬
Woollies aust is not South African owned how many times do you need telling🙀what are you a male bimbo👎

All I can see are congealed beans (maybe this is like seeing animals in clouds)...You do know that woolies do not have x-ray vision to see what is inside imported/or homegrown tins:ROFLMAO:
:ROFLMAO: Also a $30 goodwill giftcard is more than generous for a less than $2 can!

View attachment 28852

View attachment 28851

Key Takeaways

The whole purchase should be taken to the health authorities.

I would have contacted the government health department,what was the brand of this product ,so I won’t buy their products. Where was her apology, not good enough Woolworths.

If the can was damaged allowing air in it could certainly cause a congealed and moldy (fur looking) mass.
Who knows whether this 'rogue' can had a clearance ticket on it BECAUSE it was indeed damaged! Any cans which are damaged should be written off and discarded anyway! We give slightly dented cans to food bank.
Did she post a photo of the original can in question...NOT!

depending of the brand of beans??she should call the company that is heinz etc??? why didn't she take the whole can and contents to woolworths and show them. what get's me is people buy products see something that should not be in the packets tins etc, they blame woolworths, they don't pack the products, farmers do.
and tins of food etc companies. I worked in retail 35 yrs before retiring, in the 60's 70's fruit vegies were not in packets like they are today.

Reactions: MariaG
The Australian woolworths is Australian owned not south African
Woolworths Holdings Limited (JSE: WHL) is a South African multinational retail company that owns the South African retail chain Woolworths, and Australian retailer Country Road Group. Woolworths, however, has no association to Australia's Woolworths supermarket chain.