You won't believe the real flavour of Coles' iconic yellow iced donuts!

The humble donut, a sweet treat loved by many, has been at the centre of a heated debate recently.

The question on everyone's mind? What is the real flavour of Coles' famous yellow iced donuts? Is it pineapple? Banana? Lemon? Or perhaps just a simple icing sugar with a dash of colouring?

The answer to this question has been dividing shoppers, and it appears the debate has been settled once and for all.

Remember the internet frenzy over the 'real' flavour of Streets' Rainbow Paddle Pop? (For those still in the dark, it's caramel.) Well, it's time to introduce a new flavour guessing game, and this time, it involves the iconic $3.80 iced donuts from Coles.

Over the holidays, a post on social media sparked a flurry of activity. A curious user posted a question asking about the flavour of the delicious yellow iced donuts.

Screenshot 2024-01-05 084158.png
The yellow iced donut from Coles had a debate online about what kind of flavour it is. Image: Coles

‘I love to buy the Coles 6-pack donuts that include the strawberry, chocolate and “yellow” donut. Does anyone know what flavour the yellow donut actually is?’ a user asked.

'I think it’s pineapple but some people think it’s banana. Is it even supposed to be a specific flavour like chocolate and strawberry? Someone settle this debate please!'

The post quickly became a battleground for flavour theorists. The first to weigh in were fans of a popular sweet fruit.

'Tastes like pineapple to me, and I love them. I'd buy a whole pack of yellow ones if I could,' one person wrote.

Others echoed this sentiment, with one user adding, 'I don’t know but it’s the best one, I think it’s like pineapple.'

Another agreed: ‘I always thought they were pineapple.’

But some didn’t agree that the donuts were all sweet-and-sour the way pineapples were.

Then came the banana brigade. 'BANANA!! Honestly they all taste the same lol,' one person shared.

'Banana, cause everything yellow is banana flavoured. Duh,' another insisted.

Even then, it seemed like the jury was still out about the flavour of the humble supermarket treat.

A few rogue votes for lemon and others who insisted it had no flavour at all and the glaze was simply icing sugar with yellow colouring added to the mix.

But then came a revelation.

A few users who claimed to have worked at Coles chimed in, suggesting the flavour was actually 'tropical'.

'Can confirm, worked at Coles and when I saw the label as “tropical donut topping” my whole life felt like a lie,' one person shared.

Another former employee agreed, 'Tropical. As someone who has made thousands of these bastards, the fondant flavour is tropical.'

To settle the debate once and for all, Coles issued an official statement.

According to Coles' Communications Manager Keith Brown, some guesses were already spot on!

'I can certainly help you settle the debate; the mystery yellow donut is tropical,' Brown confirmed, adding: 'It's cool to see so much love for these donuts.'

The world of donuts is more complex than we thought, and it's clear that we have much to learn. But for now, we can rest easy knowing the truth about the yellow iced donut.

Key Takeaways
  • Shoppers are divided over the real flavour of Coles' famous yellow iced donuts.
  • There has been much debate on social media, with suggestions including pineapple, banana, and lemon.
  • Despite various theories, the official flavour has been confirmed by Coles as tropical.
  • Coles' Communications Manager Keith Brown provided the official answer to the flavour mystery, expressing delight at the donuts' popularity.

What do you think about this revelation? Have you ever tasted the 'tropical' flavour in Coles' yellow iced donuts? Let us know in the comments below.

Sponsored
The humble donut, a sweet treat loved by many, has been at the centre of a heated debate recently.

The question on everyone's mind? What is the real flavour of Coles' famous yellow iced donuts? Is it pineapple? Banana? Lemon? Or perhaps just a simple icing sugar with a dash of colouring?

The answer to this question has been dividing shoppers, and it appears the debate has been settled once and for all.

Remember the internet frenzy over the 'real' flavour of Streets' Rainbow Paddle Pop? (For those still in the dark, it's caramel.) Well, it's time to introduce a new flavour guessing game, and this time, it involves the iconic $3.80 iced donuts from Coles.

Over the holidays, a post on social media sparked a flurry of activity. A curious user posted a question asking about the flavour of the delicious yellow iced donuts.

View attachment 38700
The yellow iced donut from Coles had a debate online about what kind of flavour it is. Image: Coles

‘I love to buy the Coles 6-pack donuts that include the strawberry, chocolate and “yellow” donut. Does anyone know what flavour the yellow donut actually is?’ a user asked.

'I think it’s pineapple but some people think it’s banana. Is it even supposed to be a specific flavour like chocolate and strawberry? Someone settle this debate please!'

The post quickly became a battleground for flavour theorists. The first to weigh in were fans of a popular sweet fruit.

'Tastes like pineapple to me, and I love them. I'd buy a whole pack of yellow ones if I could,' one person wrote.

Others echoed this sentiment, with one user adding, 'I don’t know but it’s the best one, I think it’s like pineapple.'

But some didn’t agree that the donuts were all sweet-and-sour the way pineapples were.

Then came the banana brigade. 'BANANA!! Honestly they all taste the same lol,' one person shared.

Even then, it seemed like the jury was still out about the flavour of the humble supermarket treat.

A few rogue votes for lemon and others who insisted it had no flavour at all and the glaze was simply icing sugar with yellow colouring added to the mix.

A few users who claimed to have worked at Coles chimed in, suggesting the flavour was actually 'tropical'.

'Can confirm, worked at Coles and when I saw the label as “tropical donut topping” my whole life felt like a lie,' one person shared.

Another former employee agreed, 'Tropical. As someone who has made thousands of these bastards, the fondant flavour is tropical.'

According to Coles' Communications Manager Keith Brown, some guesses were already spot on!

'I can certainly help you settle the debate; the mystery yellow donut is tropical,' Brown confirmed, adding: 'It's cool to see so much love for these donuts.'

The world of donuts is more complex than we thought, and it's clear that we have much to learn. But for now, we can rest easy knowing the truth about the yellow iced donut.

Key Takeaways

• Shoppers are divided over the real flavour of Coles' famous yellow iced donuts.
  • There has been much debate on social media, with suggestions including pineapple, banana, and lemon.
  • Despite various theories, the official flavour has been confirmed by Coles as tropical.
  • Coles' Communications Manager Keith Brown provided the official answer to the flavour mystery, expressing delight at the donuts' popularity.

What do you think about this revelation? Have you ever tasted the 'tropical' flavour in Coles' yellow iced donuts? Let us know in the comments below.
Love those donuts and definately tropical flavour.😊i’ve eaten enough of them to know trust me I’m a gutz.🤣🤣

• Haha
Reactions: Granny*Deb

View attachment 38700

Key Takeaways

No never tried them just presumed they would be lemon but now I know they are tropical. I might buy myself some. The only thing is I don’t like strawberry so that’s a waste of two doughnuts as I live by myself, though I have got two elderly neighbours 😉

No never tried them just presumed they would be lemon but now I know they are tropical. I might buy myself some. The only thing is I don’t like strawberry so that’s a waste of two doughnuts as I live by myself, though I have got two elderly neighbours 😉
Yeah share them I would😍

Reactions: Loubeauxarts
Have you ever looked up the flavour of some of these items. Chemical thru and thru.
Who cares I’m old enough and ugly enough Not to my life my body care about your own and leave us alone bluey.🤣at least I’ll die with a sweet sugary gooey happy smiley face. Sour chops.🤣

Last edited: