You won’t believe what this Domino's customer found baked into their pizza: ‘That's disgusting!’

There’s no better way to put your feet up at the end of a long week than with a hot and tasty pizza.

And while this usually does the trick, unfortunately, it isn’t always the case for everyone.

A woman, Georgia Cook, alleged that she discovered a dead spider ‘cooked into’ her Domino's pizza, leaving her fuming.

The 26-year-old mum, excited about a takeaway meal with her partner and son, made the horrifying discovery when they opened the lid of the half pepperoni, half Meateor pizza they had ordered.

photo.jpg
Georgia Cook claimed to have found a dead spider cooked into a Domino’s pizza she ordered for her family. Image source: Facebook/jeorgia.cook.14

The upset mum shared her unsettling pizza experience on social media, amusing users who playfully dubbed it a ‘Halloween edition’.

‘I sat down to eat my pizza, and Dillon shouted “There's a spider in the pizza,”’ Georgia shared.

‘I jumped up and screamed, “What! That's disgusting!’ It put us off the whole meal, and it wasn't cheap, so we were angry. After this, I contacted the store straight away, and their answer was that they check our pizzas very carefully.’

‘I was so angry and said “Is that it?”—it clearly got there somehow. Before ending the call, I told them I'd be taking this further. I contacted Domino’s Food Safety, but we've had no reply as of yet—other than their investigation. They seem to be taking their time to respond.

‘I've worked in the food industry for eight years,’ the London-based mum added.

‘I understand some incidents happen, but having no interest in rectifying the issue is just appalling. All my friends and family are freaked out and put off Domino's forever!’

Georgia also posted about the incident on another one of her social media accounts, eliciting strong reactions from users regarding the pizza’s alleged addition.

‘Wasn't a good quality check,’ one woman wrote, while another said: ‘For extra, extra crunch.’

‘My daughter had a bug cooked into hers, and they said she put it there,’ someone else shared.

‘No more Domino's for me,’ a person added. ‘Domino's is way too expensive for this,’ another remarked.

Despite reaching out to Domino’s for comment, there has been no reply received as of the time of distributing this story.

391609488_710422134465033_6269686502499674469_n.jpg
Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Limited is Australia's largest pizza chain, leading in-store numbers and sales. Image source: Facebook/@DominosAustralia

Domino's Pizza has faced customer complaints before.

In February of this year, a family in Perth encountered an unpleasant surprise when they found mould on their Domino’s pizza base.

Taking to social media, they warned fellow customers, prompting Domino’s to respond with an apology and investigation.

Read the full story here.
Key Takeaways

• A 26-year-old mum allegedly found a dead spider cooked into her Domino’s pizza.
  • Georgia expressed her anger over the incident on social media, leaving many in hysterics.
  • Georgia stated that she contacted Domino’s Food Safety after the incident but has not yet received a satisfactory response.
  • Users on social media reacted strongly to Georgia’s post, with some making jokes and others saying they would stop purchasing from Domino’s.
Members, what do you think of this story? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
The funny thing is it's on the cut line and would have had to have fallen inside the oven, you would think.
Don't they cut after cooking? Surprising how plump it looks.

Reactions: Bullwinkle
There’s no better way to put your feet up at the end of a long week than with a hot and tasty pizza.

And while this usually does the trick, unfortunately, it isn’t always the case for everyone.

A woman, Georgia Cook, alleged that she discovered a dead spider ‘cooked into’ her Domino's pizza, leaving her fuming.

The 26-year-old mum, excited about a takeaway meal with her partner and son, made the horrifying discovery when they opened the lid of the half pepperoni, half Meateor pizza they had ordered.

View attachment 33467
Georgia Cook claimed to have found a dead spider cooked into a Domino’s pizza she ordered for her family. Image source: Facebook/jeorgia.cook.14

The upset mum shared her unsettling pizza experience on social media, amusing users who playfully dubbed it a ‘Halloween edition’.

‘I sat down to eat my pizza, and Dillon shouted “There's a spider in the pizza,”’ Georgia shared.

‘I jumped up and screamed, “What! That's disgusting!’ It put us off the whole meal, and it wasn't cheap, so we were angry. After this, I contacted the store straight away, and their answer was that they check our pizzas very carefully.’

‘I was so angry and said “Is that it?”—it clearly got there somehow. Before ending the call, I told them I'd be taking this further. I contacted Domino’s Food Safety, but we've had no reply as of yet—other than their investigation. They seem to be taking their time to respond.

‘I understand some incidents happen, but having no interest in rectifying the issue is just appalling. All my friends and family are freaked out and put off Domino's forever!’

Georgia also posted about the incident on another one of her social media accounts, eliciting strong reactions from users regarding the pizza’s alleged addition.

‘Wasn't a good quality check,’ one woman wrote, while another said: ‘For extra, extra crunch.’

‘My daughter had a bug cooked into hers, and they said she put it there,’ someone else shared.

‘No more Domino's for me,’ a person added. ‘Domino's is way too expensive for this,’ another remarked.

Despite reaching out to Domino’s for comment, there has been no reply received as of the time of distributing this story.

View attachment 33466
Domino’s Pizza Enterprises Limited is Australia's largest pizza chain, leading in-store numbers and sales. Image source: Facebook/@DominosAustralia

In February of this year, a family in Perth encountered an unpleasant surprise when they found mould on their Domino’s pizza base.

Taking to social media, they warned fellow customers, prompting Domino’s to respond with an apology and investigation.

Key Takeaways

• A 26-year-old mum allegedly found a dead spider cooked into her Domino’s pizza.
  • Georgia expressed her anger over the incident on social media, leaving many in hysterics.
  • Georgia stated that she contacted Domino’s Food Safety after the incident but has not yet received a satisfactory response.
  • Users on social media reacted strongly to Georgia’s post, with some making jokes and others saying they would stop purchasing from Domino’s.
Members, what do you think of this story? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
I don't believe Domino would cook the pizza with the spider on it, however, the spider may have been hiding in the pizza box, perhaps under the lid in a corner. When they put the pizza straight from the oven in the box, the heat may have been lethal to the spider and dropped on the pizza. Domino needs to check the box top and bottom before dropping in the hot pizza. That can happen.

Reactions: DLHM
I don't believe Domino would cook the pizza with the spider on it, however, the spider may have been hiding in the pizza box, perhaps under the lid in a corner. When they put the pizza straight from the oven in the box, the heat may have been lethal to the spider and dropped on the pizza. Domino needs to check the box top and bottom before dropping in the hot pizza. That can happen.
You could be right…sounds logical.

View attachment 33467

View attachment 33466

Key Takeaways

Take the Pizza into your local Council and you will get a response from Domino's very quickly. This should result in a prosecution by the Council against Domino's on your behalf.

Never had an insect but did come across mould on the bottom of the pizza base once many many years ago. They store back then was very good, replaced the pizza and threw in a Garlic bread and bottle of soft drink as an apology.

That's why I make my own taste a whole lot better and doesn't take that long to do even when I make my own base. Mine also are a lot healthier. No numbers.