You won’t believe this oven-cleaning hack that uses ONLY 10c worth of materials!

Anyone who owns a well-used oven can attest: cleaning up can be a brutal task.

You know what we’re talking about — the flecks of food stuck to the walls, and the oil! Stubborn oil everywhere!

If we got your hearts pumping and your teeth gnashing with those upsetting visuals, forgive us!

As a peace offering, we offer this Aussie mum’s viral oven-cleaning hack that has many talking because of the cheap materials involved.

How cheap, you ask? Not even a dollar — for ten cents only!

This mum had an oven that had not been cleaned for around five years. (Gasp!)

But, using only aluminium foil and some dishwashing liquid, she transformed her once filthy oven to a squeaky clean cooker.

64947ffdacaf37f85f82ee964c5a590b1eb73177-161x229-x60y0w900h1280.jpg
The Aussie mum shared a snap of the back of her filthy oven door. Credit: 7News

‘First time I’ve cleaned it in the five years of living here,’ she shared on Facebook.

‘Five minutes later, I’m not disappointed!’

Here’s how she did it.

First, she got some dishwashing liquid and drizzled it on the back of the oven door.

Next, she tore off a sheet of aluminium foil and proceeded to scrub the dishwashing drizzle onto the door.

Lastly, she got a warm dishcloth to wipe away the removed grime and dirty water.

You may opt to repeat the instructions as needed, but some words of caution though: do make sure that you only apply the necessary force and limit the area you will use this cleaning hack on to minimise the possibility of leaving unsightly scratches.

The cleaning hack was a big hit among fellow homeowners, with others praising how effective and easy it is.

‘I screamed so loud for hubby, I think he thought I saw a snake or something! I’m so impressed!’ one user said.

Another added: ‘I used both hands and rubbed hard in circular motions. I found the matte side of foil worked better. I used a big scrunched up roll, it only took a few minutes.’

6b65176a3e19f1546e7fa79e39d6199e7c3a114c-161x229-x30y0w900h1280.jpg
Using her 10 cent hack, the Aussie mum turned her oven from grimy to spotless in five minutes. Credit: 7News

‘Sensational! I did this on chrome and it doesn’t scratch at all. For me it got rid of rust stains,’ one shared.

And this less wordy, but more shouty one exclaimed: ‘YAAASSSSS! This actually WORKS! I’m shook!’

As we warned though, this tip didn’t work for one user, who said: ‘Maybe I did this wrong but the foil scratched my oven door, so please be careful.’

If you're interested in getting your hands on some aluminium foil to try this cleaning hack, you may go to any Coles, Woolworths, or Aldi as they are often displayed in the baking aisle.

If you’re iffy on using foil on your oven surfaces, don’t worry, we got you covered!

Key Takeaways

• Sharing on a popular Facebook group, one mum revealed how she overhauled her dirty appliance - which hadn’t been cleaned in five years - using two unlikely items.
  • The home owner explained that she squirted a little dishwashing liquid over the surface of her cold oven and then used a rolled-up ball of aluminium foil to scrub off the grime.
  • Sharing before and after photos of the results, the mum said she was blown away by the results.
  • Be warned though that it's best to test this hack on a small area of your oven first to see if it's a fit!
This hack from another Aussie mum uses bicarbonate of soda and dishwashing liquid to do the trick.

If you’re feeling rather exotic, why not try this oven-cleaning tool that can be found on beaches? (We’re not joking…)

So, how do you feel about aluminium and dishwashing liquid as an oven-cleaning hack? Is it something you’d like to try, or would you rather not risk scratching your oven?

Do share your reactions and opinions below!

Source: YouTube/Bunnings Warehouse

Sponsored
She hasn't cleaned her oven for 5 years !!! What is the rest of her house like ?
If we all posted pictures of everything we clean (regularly) face book would be inundated.