Wow! This crafty shopper made her own rainbow Christmas tree from $4 Kmart buys

A clever shopper at Kmart revealed on Facebook how she turned a ‘poor, sad, skinny’ Christmas tree into a much fuller one. And you wouldn’t believe how easy it was!

Aussie mum Hailey, wanted a rainbow tree for the holidays this year, but when she looked in her local Kmart supermarket, all she found was a few ‘starving’ artificial multicoloured Christmas trees that retail for $4.

And then, she thought of the most brilliant idea to make use of the cheap holiday trees. After purchasing four of them, she proceeded to create the rainbow tree she originally wanted.

GinLG3l2taUVfdpJVQ6LQj2M0hNdEdLZDnhpdZzhgq72wbtznVvNvi0nvI0_un3J4YR4eU0FUf_K1XeI6NfNUWdyKinKdy3IUK5PlN9SJetk1QnIX7JdnAITo0kVdlkxqTL0zktb

This ‘poor, sad, skinny’ Christmas tree was the only multicoloured option available in store. Photo from Facebook.
Her idea was to create a much ‘fuller’ look by bundling four of the skinny multicoloured trees, layering its green, blue, purple, and pink branches.

“So I really wanted a rainbow tree this year, but all they had was the poor sad skinny looking tree for $4,” Hailey wrote on her Facebook post.

“I purchased four of them, removed the bottom stands (they came off easily), tied them together, and BAM! I'm sure this would work with any tree!”

To create the ‘fuller’ tree, first, she removed the stand from three of the four trees. Then pulled all the branches of each tree in one direction.

Next, she bundled the main stem of the trees together and attached three zip ties on the top, middle, and bottom to hold them in place. Then, she put the legs on the one remaining stand.

Even though there were no decorations yet, the end result looked dazzling. And it sounds like it was so easy too!

8kxkHuALY7SLKEoCJPjbHU7QEn61tb_EBCJZvAXMN8nLJkyIdSlNuRP13IOftnXAWqhymK_tR6QvwxTYJNCAfbOkpO6GmVlHtUi9GECBFUF0IiFIz_ssroPon7fgO7PCzOb3AEYl

The finished product looked so different from what she bought from the store. Photo from Facebook.
Hailey’s Facebook post caught the attention of many fellow Kmart shoppers, who were amazed by the clever hack.

“It looks so much fuller! I wish they just came like that from the get-go!” one mum wrote.

“That's a great idea; I got the sad looking one. Maybe I should do this,” another said.

“Oh, it does look like a sad little tree doesn't it - yours looks soooo much better,” added a third fellow shopper.

HRF62WRN_YnKiPXRtT-bwM0-WxYpOkASDozYHflAWVE0OJICXajCi6k8MyHSgw7HyU4I11_iws_1QV69IluVvbCkvxzDEsKqRaNAEI0Y55fL3iCzmgCu55ea-RoG-qJdkfLj9v0U

In the same Facebook post, Hailey shared her process on how she achieved her perfect rainbow Christmas tree. Photo from Facebook.

Here’s a rundown of the steps on how she managed to make her own rainbow Christmas tree:
  1. Remove the stand on three of the four skinny trees.
  2. Fluff the stems of each three to face one direction.
  3. Bundle the trees together and secure them with zip ties on the top, middle, and bottom parts.
  4. Put the legs on the one remaining stand.

Reactions: Sue Lay and Noelene
Sponsored