Woolworths woes: Shoppers unravel the thread of a major issue affecting millions!

In a world where convenience is king and every cent counts, the weekly supermarket catalogue isn't just a flyer—it's a strategic tool for millions of savvy shoppers.

That's why a recent hiccup at Woolworths, one of Australia's leading supermarket chains, has caused more than just a ripple of concern among its loyal customer base.

Woolworths experienced a 16-hour delay in releasing their catalogue for the upcoming week—a major issue affecting millions.

It usually releases a preview of the upcoming week's catalogue of weekly specials on Monday afternoon, which are available from 12:01 am Wednesday to 11:59 pm Tuesday each week.

compressed-shutterstock_1492366403.jpeg
Woolworths shoppers were left frustrated after a 16-hour delay in the release of its weekly catalogue. Credits: Shutterstock

The delay sparked a flurry of activity on social media, with customers flocking to different platforms to voice their concerns and seek answers.

Some even questioned whether Woolworths had discontinued the popular service altogether.

'Where's the catalogue starting tomorrow? It's usually out Monday arvo,' one customer posted, echoing the sentiments of many others who rely on the catalogue to plan their weekly shop.

‘I jumped on to ask the same thing!’ another replied.

‘Where is the catalogue starting March 13th? It’s usually out Monday night,’ one shopper asked.

Another expressed their confusion and frustration, 'Why isn't Wednesday's catalogue loading? I have checked on other devices, and nothing is there.'

‘No sneak peek anymore?’ a third chimed.

The sense of community among Woolworths shoppers was palpable as they turned to each other for information, with many noting that they had come to Woolworths' Facebook page specifically to 'find the answer to this!'

Finally, at about 9:00 am on Tuesday, Woolworths updated its site with the catalogue for March 13, much to the relief of shoppers.

However, the supermarket giant declined to elaborate on what caused the delay, leaving customers in the dark about the reasons behind the disruption.

Aside from the delay, some shoppers also complained about another issue about Woolworths pricing.
Key Takeaways
  • Woolworths customers experienced frustration due to a delay in the release of the supermarket's weekly catalogue.
  • The catalogue, which showcases weekly specials, was expected by customers to be available on Monday afternoons, but faced a 16-hour delay.
  • Shoppers expressed their concerns on social media, with some questioning if Woolworths had ceased the popular preview service.
  • Woolworths eventually updated its website with the new catalogue, but did not provide an explanation for the delay in publication.
Have you experienced any issues with your supermarket's catalogue or services? Do you have other tricks when preparing for grocery shopping? Share your stories and tips in the comments below.

Sponsored
I always check out woolworths and coles catalogues Monday night and saw there was no preview catalogue.

I always shop on line at coles and if there are any good specials at woolworths we will go in store to get those.

I refuse to shop on line at woolworths anymore after a number of bad stuff up with woolworths delivery

I always check out woolworths and coles catalogues Monday night and saw there was no preview catalogue.

I always shop on line at coles and if there are any good specials at woolworths we will go in store to get those.

I refuse to shop on line at woolworths anymore after a number of bad stuff up with woolworths delivery
Just one more thing for Woolies customers to complain about.

Our local Cole’s is far superior than the Woolies store it always has plenty of catalogues even on tuesdays. Also still has rain checks on all specials which woolies discontinued during covid and did not reinstalL. Always able to see next weeks specials on cata apps well I advance so I can budget better with my shop.
i only seem to buy specials at woolies because of this.

Oh my goodness. People are genuinely getting upset about a shopping catalogue being late. I feel sorry for you. Third world problem

Reactions: potty girl
I did notice that the catalogues were being delivered again which points to a downturn in sales........ have to get 'them customers' spending again....

Reactions: Suzanne rose
Where i am we RARELY get any junk mail even though i love it and recycle it when through with it. So i got used to gambling with the shopping on whether coles is cheaper than woollies and relying on the supermarket emails of specials as to which has what on special. Seems no one wants the $h!t job of walking around delivering the junk mail.

Where i am we RARELY get any junk mail even though i love it and recycle it when through with it. So i got used to gambling with the shopping on whether coles is cheaper than woollies and relying on the supermarket emails of specials as to which has what on special. Seems no one wants the $h!t job of walking around delivering the junk mail.
My bro and wife did it 2 days a week for shit money, abusive people, dogs loose nipping their ankles and the weather.🙀actually sounds a lot like the poor old posties job.🤣

Reactions: Jennie
You could always look online for the weekly specials. Catalogues are just a waste of paper and cost money to print and deliver. Everyone has internet.
I always go through the items, from veg pantry ect: You do not need a paper catalogue waste of money and a detriment to the climate. We do not need any more things to go into our waste collection

My bro and wife did it 2 days a week for shit money, abusive people, dogs loose nipping their ankles and the weather.🙀actually sounds a lot like the poor old posties job.🤣
I think that the postie has it better now with the ride on carts that they have, I was a postie once and I complained to the post office, they soon brought the residents into line. They were told that the postie would not deliver and they would have to go to the office to collect the mail.

Reactions: Jennie