Woolworths urges shoppers to stay calm amid eggs-asperating store policy

In the wake of a recent bird flu outbreak, retailers have implemented several measures to ensure fair supply for shoppers.

One of Australia's leading supermarket chains called for a sense of calm among shoppers as it introduced 'precautionary' purchase limits.

Woolworths recently implemented new measures for purchasing eggs.

The new policy, set to take effect on Thursday, 4 July, would restrict customers to buying a maximum of two packs per person.

The rule was a direct response to the egg industry's ongoing challenges due to the avian influenza virus.

compressed-pexels-eggs.jpeg
Eggs are a staple in any home, as it can be prepared in many ways. Image Credit: Pexels/Cottonbro Studio

This purchase limit wanted to ensure a steady supply of eggs for all customers.

'Along with other retailers, we're expecting a short-term delay in stock from one of our egg suppliers in NSW, ACT and Victoria due to the temporary closure of one of their packing sheds,' a Woolworths spokesperson said in a statement.

'Their supply is expected to recover over the next week as they ramp up operations at their other sites.'

The spokesperson also emphasised that the majority of customers typically purchase one carton of eggs at a time and suggested that there should be no significant change in shopping habits any time soon.

'We encourage shoppers to be mindful of others and continue to only buy what they normally would,' the spokesperson ended.

The call for calm comes at a time when consumers might be tempted to stockpile essentials—reminiscent of COVID-19's early days when supermarket shelves were stripped bare of essential items.

In a previous article, Coles introduced a similar policy—they placed a temporary two-carton limit on egg purchases.

Suppliers also indicated that the current situation was the worst they have experienced in more than 20 years, with the possibility of egg prices tripling soon.

However, Coles' egg purchase limit policy affects all states except Western Australia.

Avian influenza, commonly known as bird flu, is a highly contagious viral disease that affects birds.

The virus could be transmitted through contaminated droppings, respiratory secretions, and other materials.

While it primarily affects bird populations, human transmissions are also possible.

Australia reported its first human infection with the virus earlier this year, which allegedly originated from India.
Key Takeaways

• Woolworths introduced a two-pack per person limit on egg sales in NSW, Victoria, and the ACT due to a temporary supply disruption caused by avian flu.
  • The purchase limit was a 'precautionary' measure to manage stock issues following the closure of a packing shed at an egg farm affected by the outbreak.
  • Woolworths reassured customers that the supply issue was temporary and that the supply could recover over the next week.
  • Coles also introduced a similar egg purchase restriction, affecting all states and territories except Western Australia.
Have you noticed any egg shortages in your local supermarket? How do you feel about the new purchase limits? Share your thoughts and experiences with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
This debacle is deliberately engineered by the low life that want to destroy the food supply. Just like the covid virus, the 'bird flu' is lab created and deliberately released so that one million UNAFFECTED chickens could be slaughtered! Wake up people! It's called creeping communism! Those that have control of the food supply and the media are your masters! Next will be cattle and sheep. MRNA is already being injected into lambs so we will consume it.

This debacle is deliberately engineered by the low life that want to destroy the food supply. Just like the covid virus, the 'bird flu' is lab created and deliberately released so that one million UNAFFECTED chickens could be slaughtered! Wake up people! It's called creeping communism! Those that have control of the food supply and the media are your masters! Next will be cattle and sheep. MRNA is already being injected into lambs so we will consume it.
I am confused sorry I’m a farmer have not heard of any mRNA type vaccines for lambs, more information would be appreciated, I’m talking NSW, I have read up on mRNA , people need to be very careful about these cocktail vaccines.

Reactions: Tervueren and DLHM
That information was supplied to me by an NSW farmer. I don't make these things up. I'll find the email, screenshot it and send it to you. Apparently it is being done to 'protect the foetuses' which sounds like BS to me.

That information was supplied to me by an NSW farmer. I don't make these things up. I'll find the email, screenshot it and send it to you. Apparently it is being done to 'protect the foetuses' which sounds like BS to me.
That’s been kept under the wraps for sure, we have cattle. Thks for that

Reactions: ECassidy
Here is the info I received. In it there is a link
Hi Everyone,

Been a while which was starting to feel positive = no news is good news.

Sadly there is a new press release which if you want to read the whole thing you can do so here - https://www.nsw.gov.au/media-releases/livestock-vaccine-manufactured-nsw-for-first-time

In short it is mostly about a new MRNA vax for sheep to "protect" the fetus. My cousin tim's birth rate is over 1 e.g. he has so many twins 1000 sheep will produce 1200 lambs so why this vaccine is needed is anyone's guess.

Below is the info on beef/ Lumpy Skin and Foot In Mouth which was how all this started:

"Economic costs of a large multi-state outbreak of FMD alone have been estimated at more than $80 billion over 10 years Australia-wide, which is why the NSW Government is working with state, territory and national governments and animal industries to safeguard livestock from these key biosecurity threats.
The project team are now investigating whether protective antigens, identified by the CFIA, work against LSD.
All work with live viruses is being conducted overseas, while NSW DPI scientists at the Elizabeth Macarthur Agricultural Institute work on establishing the immune response, demonstrating animal safety and optimising the formulation and dose.
Work so far indicates that the test LSD mRNA vaccine is quickly metabolised and cleared from the animal.
Australian regulatory authorities have very strict standards to demonstrate that the vaccine will be cleared from the animal very rapidly and that there is no safety risk to people."

My take on the above is let us see the studies! The human version can't quickly clear the human system with many who were injected still producing ig4 antibodies priming them for more illness yet they have somehow fixed all of that with this?
I am keen to hear your take as usual and suggest steps to push back.

If you would like to stay on my update list please support us with an order once in a while if you're not already.
Kind regards,
Murray

--
Eat Naturally & Sustainably,

Murray F

• Wow
Reactions: Tervueren
There are times when I am convinced that I am reading creeping claptrap. Enjoy the microchips that get implanted in the egg-shell from the poultry feed. Eggs and chips is a good meal. But beware the microchips that are now being put into the salt you buy; why bother injecting them into lambs?

Did you open the link? WTF would he make that up??? He is a large organic farmer who is paying attention to what is going on while the rest of the sheep carry on in ignorant bliss. Voltaire once said, 'Coming events cast their shadows long beforehand'. The old proverb 'Where there is smoke there is fire' may apply here too.

Now this is SERIOUS. There is salt in the sea . So if we are obtaining salt from the sea and sprinkling it on our food, and we can't even recognise the billions of microplastic fragments in the sea, how do we know that some devious plotter has not scattered billions of mass-produced microchips in the sea to get incorporated into the salt we buy from the supermarket? There are around 2 billion people living brainwashed in communist countries. How did they get so brainwashed? Obviously they use salt from the State-owned salt-mines and bought in their State-owned grocery shops!

Now it is our turn! AAAAAAAAGH! (Runs off screaming into the distance to vanish in a pillar of salt).

• Haha
Reactions: Veggiepatch
There are times when I am convinced that I am reading creeping claptrap. Enjoy the microchips that get implanted in the egg-shell from the poultry feed. Eggs and chips is a good meal. But beware the microchips that are now being put into the salt you buy; why bother injecting them into lambs?
Great response. There’s always one in the crowd

Did you open the link? WTF would he make that up??? He is a large organic farmer who is paying attention to what is going on while the rest of the sheep carry on in ignorant bliss. Voltaire once said, 'Coming events cast their shadows long beforehand'. The old proverb 'Where there is smoke there is fire' may apply here too.
Voltaire once said, 'Coming events cast their shadows long beforehand'. I think he was trying to warn us about Anthropogenic Global Heating and the fact that we are heating the planet through producing CO2 so that certain parts will be even more uninhabitable than they are now

Yep, I opened the link. Thing is I'm not sure you did.

Nothing in the article about a sheep foetus.

All I could see was work being done to ensure a vaccine was safe to use on Australian animals.

That and a raft of other important initiatives being undertaken.

Seems that good preparation to avoid an agricultural catastrophe is being undertaken by scientists here in Australia.

Maybe if you offer more facts that can pass a simple fact check you might get a better response.

If I have overlooked the bit about 'protection of foetuses' could you point out where in the article I could find it.

Also, just a hint, (that may be ignored) when you use emotive words like 'blindfolds' or 'sheep' in relation to the stance of others on a subject, it usually signifies a shallow depth of knowledge about a subject. Bit like the tip of, but no iceberg underneath the waters.