Woolworths shoppers can triple their rewards points and save hundreds!

Every retailer knows that loyalty programs are an effective way to encourage regular purchases from their customers.

They do this by rewarding them with points that can be used towards future purchases. The more points you earn, the better the rewards you can claim, right? Wrong.

There are several loyalty programs out there, and most of them have the same strategy: offer customers a handful of points (or dollars) after they make a purchase, with no strings or conditions attached. That's just how it works, right?

Well, not always.

Online shoppers have become accustomed to receiving online discounts on purchases. So why shouldn't they get a similar deal on the points they earn through purchases?

63851419-11354805-x-m-14_1666743237155.jpg

By enrolling in the Woolworths Everyday Extra perks programme this month, a Sydney mother of two saved $37.27 on her grocery bill. Credit: Daily Mail.

This is probably why Woolworths has recently launched an exclusive rewards programme for their customers which allows them to earn more points and save more money on future purchases. (Hooray!)

The store recently introduced a membership called the Woolworths Everyday Extra, which allows Aussie shoppers to receive a 10% discount on one shop per month (even better than the current Rewards program!) as well as triple the amount of Woolworths points on every shop.

Members will also receive 10% off one shop per month at BIG W when purchasing items online or in-store.

But that's not all! Aside from earning points on purchases, members can also receive $10 off a future shop – and again, these are not limited to specific products.

To be eligible for the discount, customers will need to accumulate a total of 2,000 Everyday Rewards points in a month before they can claim it, but they will be able to claim it every month (instead of just once).

63851423-11354805-By_paying_for_the_membership_yearly_shoppers_will_save_25_pictur-a-7_1666747923431.jpg

A comparison between the perks offered by the Everyday Rewards and Everyday Extra. Credit: Daily Mail.

The retailer also announced the collaboration with Qantas in their latest Rewards program and promised to give members 1000 Qantas points along with the promotion.

The sign-up is mostly free with paid options also available. The membership also has other advantages, like the fact that you can cancel it at any time.

More information about the program, including the signup process, can be viewed here.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths shopper has shared how she saves money on her grocery bill every month and boosts her rewards points by signing up for the Everyday Extra membership.
  • The membership costs either $59 yearly or $7 monthly, but the customer says it 'pays for itself' because of the additional perks like triple rewards points and 10% off one shop each month.
  • Some customers have questioned if the perks will mostly benefit families rather than couples or singles, but the mum who shared the hack says it is still worthwhile even for smaller shops.

While the new rewards program seemed to offer a lot of privileges, some customers questioned if families would gain more from the benefits than couples or singles.

One mum shared: 'I use it on my monthly big shop. So the shop where I buy the cat food, dog food, washing powder, toilet paper and a month's worth of meat. Sometimes I save $50!'

Another shopper argued that couples would need to spend about $200 on a fortnightly shopping trip to make it profitable to save $20.

'I shop for only one person but it still gives me benefits because of the boosters and their gift card extra points which you can either save for Christmas or convert to Qantas points,' one customer claimed.

Another person chimed in: 'I find it's good. I only do little shops and my points add up quickly. Especially if you see what you have boosted to get extra points.'

But one shopper pointed out that 10% of $100 alone is $10, which is more than the monthly membership charge, thus customers can quickly recoup their investment.

What do you think, folks? Might this be a good way for you to save money and collect freebies every month? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!

Sponsored
I have used my rewards card and the coles flybuys card for years, I have accumulated alot of dollars off my shop over the years as well as bonus items that are purchased with bonus points.
The cards are free , they only effort you need to do is remember to swipe

To be honest Up until now the flybuys gave much more, they both have promotions where if you spend a certain ammount you will receive bonus points and flybuys always give more

But now this new card at woolies is sounding maybe better.

I shop with whoever has the best offers and these cards will help me decide who I will shop with in any particular week.

As with a lot of other similar rewards as a single - and esp one on a low income or pension - you wont be able to qualify! I dont know about you, but in this case to be eligible you ll have to collect 2000 points within ONE month. If you are lucky you get 1 point per dollar (quite often 1 point per 2 $!). In other words you ll have to spend at least $2000 in one month to be eligible. That is more than my monthly income, and I have to pay for things other than food as well... plus I would never be able to eat that much, could get all my cleaning and washing and beauty products for the next few months... but then I wouldnt qualify the month after....
Let's face it: Woolies or Coles (similar programme there!) are not out to help US, but want us to spend more money at their shops so they can fill their own pockets...

Every retailer knows that loyalty programs are an effective way to encourage regular purchases from their customers.

They do this by rewarding them with points that can be used towards future purchases. The more points you earn, the better the rewards you can claim, right? Wrong.

There are several loyalty programs out there, and most of them have the same strategy: offer customers a handful of points (or dollars) after they make a purchase, with no strings or conditions attached. That's just how it works, right?

Well, not always.

Online shoppers have become accustomed to receiving online discounts on purchases. So why shouldn't they get a similar deal on the points they earn through purchases?

By enrolling in the Woolworths Everyday Extra perks programme this month, a Sydney mother of two saved $37.27 on her grocery bill. Credit: Daily Mail.

This is probably why Woolworths has recently launched an exclusive rewards programme for their customers which allows them to earn more points and save more money on future purchases. (Hooray!)

The store recently introduced a membership called the Woolworths Everyday Extra, which allows Aussie shoppers to receive a 10% discount on one shop per month (even better than the current Rewards program!) as well as triple the amount of Woolworths points on every shop.

Members will also receive 10% off one shop per month at BIG W when purchasing items online or in-store.

But that's not all! Aside from earning points on purchases, members can also receive $10 off a future shop – and again, these are not limited to specific products.

To be eligible for the discount, customers will need to accumulate a total of 2,000 Everyday Rewards points in a month before they can claim it, but they will be able to claim it every month (instead of just once).

63851423-11354805-By_paying_for_the_membership_yearly_shoppers_will_save_25_pictur-a-7_1666747923431.jpg

A comparison between the perks offered by the Everyday Rewards and Everyday Extra. Credit: Daily Mail.

The retailer also announced the collaboration with Qantas in their latest Rewards program and promised to give members 1000 Qantas points along with the promotion.

The sign-up is mostly free with paid options also available. The membership also has other advantages, like the fact that you can cancel it at any time.

More information about the program, including the signup process, can be viewed here.

Key Takeaways

• A Woolworths shopper has shared how she saves money on her grocery bill every month and boosts her rewards points by signing up for the Everyday Extra membership.
  • The membership costs either $59 yearly or $7 monthly, but the customer says it 'pays for itself' because of the additional perks like triple rewards points and 10% off one shop each month.
  • Some customers have questioned if the perks will mostly benefit families rather than couples or singles, but the mum who shared the hack says it is still worthwhile even for smaller shops.

While the new rewards program seemed to offer a lot of privileges, some customers questioned if families would gain more from the benefits than couples or singles.

One mum shared: 'I use it on my monthly big shop. So the shop where I buy the cat food, dog food, washing powder, toilet paper and a month's worth of meat. Sometimes I save $50!'

Another shopper argued that couples would need to spend about $200 on a fortnightly shopping trip to make it profitable to save $20.

'I shop for only one person but it still gives me benefits because of the boosters and their gift card extra points which you can either save for Christmas or convert to Qantas points,' one customer claimed.

Another person chimed in: 'I find it's good. I only do little shops and my points add up quickly. Especially if you see what you have boosted to get extra points.'

But one shopper pointed out that 10% of $100 alone is $10, which is more than the monthly membership charge, thus customers can quickly recoup their investment.

What do you think, folks? Might this be a good way for you to save money and collect freebies every month? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
Colaboration with Qantas, not for me, Qantas is an embaressment to Australia at the moment. I would rather be able to use my Reward points for fuel like my Flybuys points. Great on a trip.

Shopping for one person is impossible to collect points. The Flybuy vouchers that come in the mail do help but still way difficult to remember to swipe at check out. It took me nearly a year to collect under $150 worth of points!!

As with a lot of other similar rewards as a single - and esp one on a low income or pension - you wont be able to qualify! I dont know about you, but in this case to be eligible you ll have to collect 2000 points within,ONE month. If you are lucky you get 1 point per dollar (quite often 1 point per 2 $!). In other words you ll have to spend at least $2000 in one month to be eligible. That is more than my monthly income, and I have to pay for things other than food as well... plus I would never be able to eat that much, could get all my cleaning and washing and beauty products for the next few months... but then I wouldnt qualify the month after....
Let's face it: Woolies or Coles (similar programme there!) are not out to help US, but want us to spend more money at their shops so they can fill their own pockets...
Hi Noraya, and fellow members,

This article is NOT quite right!!

You do not have to earn the 2000 points in ONE month, to collect the S10 saving. As found on the Woolworths website :- (quote)

"Be Rewarded​

Every time you collect 2000 points you'll enjoy $10 off your shop or 1000 Qantas points. Or, save your $10 rewards to enjoy at Christmas time with Bank for Christmas." (Unquote)

So, for every dollar you spend at Woolworths or Big W, you earn 1 Point.
For every 2000 points you accumulate, not necessarily in one month, these equal a $10 "reward",
which can then be used as a shopping credit, converted to Qantas points, or "banked" for a future spend, eg Christmas.
If points are "banked" they are not accessible until the 1st of December.

Additionally, "Bonus Points" may be earnt on certain advertised items,
I only buy the Bonus Items when i need them, but they help me "grow" my points.

Web capture_29-10-2022_125513_www.woolworths.com.au.jpeg
From the pic I've attached, you would spend approximately $15.00, "earn" 350 "Bonus Points", to help towards the 2000 points for the $10 shopping credit.

As a "normal " spend, you would only earn 15 points (1 point for $1 spent),so buying the Bonus Items, really helps!!

Simples!!

Last edited:
As with a lot of other similar rewards as a single - and esp one on a low income or pension - you wont be able to qualify! I dont know about you, but in this case to be eligible you ll have to collect 2000 points within ONE month. If you are lucky you get 1 point per dollar (quite often 1 point per 2 $!). In other words you ll have to spend at least $2000 in one month to be eligible. That is more than my monthly income, and I have to pay for things other than food as well... plus I would never be able to eat that much, could get all my cleaning and washing and beauty products for the next few months... but then I wouldnt qualify the month after....
Totally agree. Single seniors will never qualify. It’s annoying as lots of specials are also multi buys not applicable to singles. Families seem to be the only winners DLL round.

Reactions: Ezzy
Totally agree. Single seniors will never qualify. It’s annoying as lots of specials are also multi buys not applicable to singles. Families seem to be the only winners DLL round.
Yes.
A long time gripe of mine.
Buying bulk gets a cheaper price per kilo on lots of items, but a single pensioner mostly couldn't use that much product and has to pay more. Freezers are one answer, but with electricity prices on the rise, is that cost effective? I think not.

You do not have to earn the 2000 points in ONE month, to collect the S10 saving. As found on the Woolworths website :- (quote)

"Be Rewarded​

Every time you collect 2000 points you'll enjoy $10 off your shop or 1000 Qantas points. Or, save your $10 rewards to enjoy at Christmas time with Bank for Christmas." (Unquote)

For every 2000 points you accumulate, not necessarily in one month, these equal a $10 "reward",
which can then be used as a shopping credit, converted to Qantas points, or "banked" for a future spend, eg Christmas.

View attachment 8024
From the pic I've attached, you would spend approximately $15.00, "earn" 350 "Bonus Points", to help towards the 2000 points for the $10 shopping credit.

As a "normal " spend, you would only earn 15 points (1 point for $1 spent),so buying the Bonus Items, really helps!!

Simples!!
You should be able to save the points for any shop, we had 400 flybuys points once collected over a period of time and could use them on shopping or fuel when we travelled not just 10 dollars off one shop or only at Christmas.

Reactions: Ezzy and DavidC57
You should be able to save the points for any shop, we had 400 flybuys points once collected over a period of time and could use them on shopping or fuel when we travelled not just 10 dollars off one shop or only at Christmas.
Ah, my friend!!

This article is about the Woolworths Loyalty program, NOT the Coles Flybuy program!!
\
But, you are right, Flybuys is different in so many ways, it has a better point accumulating system, and points can be spent with many different retailers

Reactions: Ezzy

Well, not always.

Key Takeaways

"Be Rewarded​

View attachment 8024

Simples!!
You are referring to the usual rewards programme (Coles offers it as well: you can choose to use 2000 points at any given time/any shop to deduct $10. This one is a different one, where you get 10% of your shopping once a month etc. Again: Coles has been offering similar for months now...