Woolworths shopper shared his frustrating discovery at the entrance of a Melbourne store

Woolworths shopper shared his frustrating discovery at the entrance of a Melbourne store
A Woolworths customer took to Twitter to share his frustrating discovery at the entrance of a Melbourne store.

foCKkNq8TsNvJdpIpuAazcTOFjaV-4kBTprE1jkWkrPpG5roZWYE9jyInFXnhQxHNgwhxME1cHGUNmLVT9e2Q3oHnSeclL4iwUYLUmFc99_G0JqR6dNiW3d2OM0n6aYirnW-Z0U

Melbourne shopper said his attempts at locating the QR check-in code at the front doors of the Southern Cross Woolworth Metro store frustrated him. Credit: Luis Ascui/AAP.

Melbourne shopper Craig said that his attempt at locating the QR check-in code at the front doors of the Southern Cross Woolworths Metro have left him scratching his head.

The shopper also shared a photo of the glass doors, showing the 15 pieces of paper stuck to it. Most of the papers contain "Customer Notice" alerts.

What's more frustrating is that the one notice containing the QR code was placed halfway down an automatic glass door which moves when a customer gets close, making it almost impossible to scan.

Note that the government of Victoria has made Covid check-in to the Service Victoria app mandatory in June 2021.

Craig tweeted: “Good luck finding the QR code to check-in at the entrance of #WoolworthsMetro at Southern Cross."

“And on the automatic door for extra skill level.”

The management of the Woolworths Southern Cross store has now removed the QR sign from the automatic door and placed it on a fixed glass door. Additionally, the store has tidied up the number of papers stuck on its doors, making the QR codes easier to locate.

More check-in points can also be found at the entrance.

Have you had any frustrating experiences at checking in before? Share it with us in the comments below.

Sponsored
One really has to wonder where common sense has disappeared to nowadays. Managers of these places trot along with all sorts of academic credential, but they can’t survive without a calculato, don’t know how to spell and definitely lack common sense. 🥴

Reactions: mikki
well what a silly spot to place it....:rolleyes: But if you take a closer look through the glass door to the right, sitting on the green stand....it looks like a QR Code to me...????

... the only way to teach businesses to behave is to 'boycott them'. 'Pocket' is the best measure of business.

Reactions: mikki
At one of its two entrances my local Spotlight store has just one QR code sign, which would mean that at a busy time people would have to queue to check-in. However, that's not really the problem - the page with the code on it is at about five and a half feet (approx 170cm) off the ground so no-one in a wheel chair can use it. That wouldn't be quite so bad if the page were angled downward but it's completely vertical and even through I'm 5'10" (178cm) and not in a wheelchair I have trouble using it. I don't know what set-up they have at the other entrance because I don't use that one, but wouldn't be surprised if it's the same........

I JUST HAVE PROBLEMS ACCESSING THE "EASY" QR READER ON MY PHONE! CAN ACTUALLY TAKE ME A COUPLE OF MINUTES TO LOG IN WHEN ALL THE ACCOMPANYING ADS TELL ME THAT IT'S "SIMPLE AND EASY" TO LOG IN!!!! RUBBISH!!!
I live in QLD and we have a QLD check in app. It's easy peasy :)

well what a silly spot to place it....:rolleyes: But if you take a closer look through the glass door to the right, sitting on the green stand....it looks like a QR Code to me...????
to be quite honest I would not expect it to be on the outside sliding doors to be quite honest and I can see it inside on the right

Reactions: MummaG
Try Coles Marsden Qld!!! No signal in the shopping centre unless you scan the closest to the main mall entrance. Can only scan in to a couple of stores throughout the centre!!!!!

My phone won't QR code and by law the shops etc have to have a manual sign in as well. These are not obvious and you have to ask or look hard for them!

Reactions: Katherine