Woolworths shopper receives handwritten letter from online delivery driver: "Some people are wonderful"

Ordering products online is quick, simple, and convenient... unless your package is delivered late, is damaged, or simply does not come at all.

However, this does not rule out the possibility of a silver lining in these situations.

A Woolworths consumer has expressed her delight at receiving an unexpected message in her online order.

The shopper wrote on Facebook that a delivery driver named Vanessa had included a friendly handwritten message in her most recent home delivery.

C1ussOdMLFyK2E5hUcOI_3ZkqX_qRXI_mXDOTdX44xNUD0w9a7GwypMAT-RPG5mdEj7tQFULSQhDu9nSu9OfQd5mYBNQ87OZN0liIt0nN-oqCusCco8GiRH0158EZ1InSnAMlpW6TlJezDNwdA

The handwritten message was delivered with the shopper's order. Credit: Facebook.
The surprise message was discovered with a carton of milk that had been accidentally spilt inside one of the bags, resulting in a sloppy situation.

The letter read: "Your milk was lying down in the bag and has leaked. I’ve double bagged it. Call Customer Service and let them know, they should refund you," along with a cute smiley face at the end.

The consumer expressed her appreciation for the delivery driver's remark on social media, noting that she had previously had a negative experience with delivery drivers.

She wrote: "Today's delivery driver really touched me with this simple note."

"That's it: we deal with individuals every day. It is not the company or company culture that is good or bad. Some people are wonderful and some horrible," she added.

"Thank you Vanessa from Woolworths delivery!"

As a result of the spilt milk, a representative from Woolworths stated that the retailer has already reached out and apologised to the shopper.

"Our delivery drivers distribute thousands of online orders to the highest standard every day and we're sorry to see that this order was damaged," said the spokesperson, adding: "We have offered this customer a full refund to replace the damaged bottle."

It is clear that several aspects contribute to a positive delivery experience: being on time, keeping the items safe, and having courteous and efficient drivers who are enthusiastic about their jobs.

Truly, customers' delivery experiences are made meaningful by these individuals.

Have you had any memorable and wonderful experiences with your online delivery drivers? Or any not so wonderful ones? Share them with us in the comments below, we would love to hear your story!

Sponsored
I too think my Woolies drivers are courteous and helpful and put my groceries in my front doorway. Even once had a taxi driver bring my groceries, Silver Service and all.:)

Woolworths shopper receives handwritten letter from online delivery driver: "Some people are wonderful"

Ordering products online is quick, simple, and convenient... unless your package is delivered late, is damaged, or simply does not come at all.

However, this does not rule out the possibility of a silver lining in these situations.

A Woolworths consumer has expressed her delight at receiving an unexpected message in her online order.

The shopper wrote on Facebook that a delivery driver named Vanessa had included a friendly handwritten message in her most recent home delivery.

C1ussOdMLFyK2E5hUcOI_3ZkqX_qRXI_mXDOTdX44xNUD0w9a7GwypMAT-RPG5mdEj7tQFULSQhDu9nSu9OfQd5mYBNQ87OZN0liIt0nN-oqCusCco8GiRH0158EZ1InSnAMlpW6TlJezDNwdA

The handwritten message was delivered with the shopper's order. Credit: Facebook.
The surprise message was discovered with a carton of milk that had been accidentally spilt inside one of the bags, resulting in a sloppy situation.

The letter read: "Your milk was lying down in the bag and has leaked. I’ve double bagged it. Call Customer Service and let them know, they should refund you," along with a cute smiley face at the end.

The consumer expressed her appreciation for the delivery driver's remark on social media, noting that she had previously had a negative experience with delivery drivers.

"That's it: we deal with individuals every day. It is not the company or company culture that is good or bad. Some people are wonderful and some horrible," she added.

As a result of the spilt milk, a representative from Woolworths stated that the retailer has already reached out and apologised to the shopper.

"Our delivery drivers distribute thousands of online orders to the highest standard every day and we're sorry to see that this order was damaged," said the spokesperson, adding: "We have offered this customer a full refund to replace the damaged bottle."

It is clear that several aspects contribute to a positive delivery experience: being on time, keeping the items safe, and having courteous and efficient drivers who are enthusiastic about their jobs.

Truly, customers' delivery experiences are made meaningful by these individuals.

Have you had any memorable and wonderful experiences with your online delivery drivers? Or any not so wonderful ones? Share them with us in the comments below, we would love to hear your story!
I do realise that this comment is totally out of left field, but what I loved most about this story, is it fact that Vanessa (the delivery driver) wrote ‘lying down’. Most people these days would have written ‘laying down’. As I told my son and now my grandchildren: ‘if you’re in a recumbent position and you’re not producing eggs, you’re lying, not laying’.

I do realise that this comment is totally out of left field, but what I loved most about this story, is it fact that Vanessa (the delivery driver) wrote ‘lying down’. Most people these days would have written ‘laying down’. As I told my son and now my grandchildren: ‘if you’re in a recumbent position and you’re not producing eggs, you’re lying, not laying’.
My experience was the opposite. My driver knew it but left it as is. I contacted store direct and a lovely assistant came by my home after she had finished work, holding a replacement for the milk and a courtesy box of chocolates and apologised for the driver☺️I was just happy getting the milk😃

Attachments

• 0B3F9D7F-0A90-4B85-AC0D-D6BD97C0F520.jpeg
    0B3F9D7F-0A90-4B85-AC0D-D6BD97C0F520.jpeg
    32.2 KB · Views: 1
  • 796D4420-20A1-4DC5-99FD-B497A8A7FA56.jpeg
    796D4420-20A1-4DC5-99FD-B497A8A7FA56.jpeg
    28.1 KB · Views: 1