Woolworths shopper ‘traumatised’ by grotesque find in a grocery item – ‘This is REVOLTING!’

Warning: This story contains images that may be distressing.

After conquering a grocery run, the last thing anyone would want is to stumble across an unwanted ‘surprise’ that’s hidden inside a food item we bought with hard-earned money. But describing this shopper’s discovery as disappointing may be an understatement… Hold onto your seats, everyone! This one’s going to be a wild ride.

After one Woolworths customer opened a bag of greens from the supermarket giant, she immediately knew that something was wrong. The kale and spinach mix that she bought just a week earlier gave off an offensive odour.

Upon further inspection, she found where the stomach-churning smell was coming from: a ‘partially dismembered mouse’ that somehow made its way into the bag.

‘We found what looked like a leg, fur, and partial back section of a dead mouse.’ she described.

Sharing her frustrations on Woolworths’ Facebook page, the shopper wrote: ‘This is revolting and unacceptable. We are angry that this occurred,’

vm9YsMtis3-VBSdePKCmxESwnTIZe5GeGeqotuwJc421ExmhgGUw2es5sEh_JmdvdeqTRKuzEPU7Fb3-khlf8Qj7C-Ah8AwQIzz3wGRfSL0TDALGhTJJd7OcxZ5qDU9mPi36Hq6cDACZqqy6_WX8ukmvCG-kM_M-IEKOU8gIpB0TIPWN4gPVQ1uo5w

This is the perfect excuse to stop eating veggies! We’re kidding… Source: Yahoo! News

‘The contents of this bag claim to be “washed and ready to use” but it obviously wasn't. We can never have faith in that claim again after this experience.’

The woman added how the find had affected her both physically and emotionally, saying: ‘We are traumatised, nauseous, sickened, and rattled by this and it's not okay.’

Alarming photos taken by the customer showed a small, fleshy-looking object with the greens.

Fellow Woolies shoppers were gobsmacked by the images, with several deeming the discovery as ‘nasty’, ‘revolting’, and ‘gross’.

‘Omg, that's disgusting. Are you guys okay?’ one user asked, to which the customer responded: ‘We're disgusted and thankful that we found it before we ate the greens.’

y1EY3dNyJFBx-KnG8ek_s7nw2Mves8QSrozCNapEQgB6dmpxjBU7CPMVgl7rUznb1SZiEUxORAOCwRp878KqNNdHGd_ESh4UszdSOHNrM-hSPkmfkzNZx4RCF-5jNwuHr47uagNJe-32WVv8UHQ8HLCE5yTRYoDXsB9T62115jUg4guJiyemhapBlA

A closer look at the mysterious object. Source: Yahoo! News

Another Facebook user vowed to steer clear of mixed veggies in bags entirely after reading about the shopper’s horrifying encounter.

A Woolworths spokesperson addressed the issue, confirming that it has been passed on to the retailer's supply chain partners.

‘We take food quality and safety very seriously and are disappointed to see this customer's report.’ they said.

‘We've passed this onto our supply partners to look into further and haven't received similar reports.’

‘If our customers are ever concerned with the quality of our products, we encourage them to contact their local store for a replacement and refund.’

What are your thoughts on this customer’s unfortunate encounter? What do YOU think the object is? Have you ever experienced a similar issue before? Let us know in the comments below!

Sponsored

After conquering a grocery run, the last thing anyone would want is to stumble across an unwanted ‘surprise’ that’s hidden inside a food item we bought with hard-earned money. But describing this shopper’s discovery as disappointing may be an understatement… Hold onto your seats, everyone! This one’s going to be a wild ride.

After one Woolworths customer opened a bag of greens from the supermarket giant, she immediately knew that something was wrong. The kale and spinach mix that she bought just a week earlier gave off an offensive odour.

Upon further inspection, she found where the stomach-churning smell was coming from: a ‘partially dismembered mouse’ that somehow made its way into the bag.

‘We found what looked like a leg, fur, and partial back section of a dead mouse.’ she described.

Sharing her frustrations on Woolworths’ Facebook page, the shopper wrote: ‘This is revolting and unacceptable. We are angry that this occurred,’

vm9YsMtis3-VBSdePKCmxESwnTIZe5GeGeqotuwJc421ExmhgGUw2es5sEh_JmdvdeqTRKuzEPU7Fb3-khlf8Qj7C-Ah8AwQIzz3wGRfSL0TDALGhTJJd7OcxZ5qDU9mPi36Hq6cDACZqqy6_WX8ukmvCG-kM_M-IEKOU8gIpB0TIPWN4gPVQ1uo5w

This is the perfect excuse to stop eating veggies! We’re kidding… Source: Yahoo! News

‘The contents of this bag claim to be “washed and ready to use” but it obviously wasn't. We can never have faith in that claim again after this experience.’

The woman added how the find had affected her both physically and emotionally, saying: ‘We are traumatised, nauseous, sickened, and rattled by this and it's not okay.’

Alarming photos taken by the customer showed a small, fleshy-looking object with the greens.

Fellow Woolies shoppers were gobsmacked by the images, with several deeming the discovery as ‘nasty’, ‘revolting’, and ‘gross’.

‘Omg, that's disgusting. Are you guys okay?’ one user asked, to which the customer responded: ‘We're disgusted and thankful that we found it before we ate the greens.’

y1EY3dNyJFBx-KnG8ek_s7nw2Mves8QSrozCNapEQgB6dmpxjBU7CPMVgl7rUznb1SZiEUxORAOCwRp878KqNNdHGd_ESh4UszdSOHNrM-hSPkmfkzNZx4RCF-5jNwuHr47uagNJe-32WVv8UHQ8HLCE5yTRYoDXsB9T62115jUg4guJiyemhapBlA

Another Facebook user vowed to steer clear of mixed veggies in bags entirely after reading about the shopper’s horrifying encounter.

A Woolworths spokesperson addressed the issue, confirming that it has been passed on to the retailer's supply chain partners.

‘We take food quality and safety very seriously and are disappointed to see this customer's report.’ they said.

‘We've passed this onto our supply partners to look into further and haven't received similar reports.’

‘If our customers are ever concerned with the quality of our products, we encourage them to contact their local store for a replacement and refund.’

What are your thoughts on this customer’s unfortunate encounter? What do YOU think the object is? Have you ever experienced a similar issue before? Let us know in the comments below!

By buying pre packed goods you are asking for little " extras " in the packets, as these are generally packed by machines and who is to see the little extra in the filling ??? Don't blame the store, blame yourself for buying this stuff pre packed literally off the ground. In PNG many years ago someone asked the manager of a coffee plantation where a coffee place got it's 43 beans from, he pointed to the girl who was sweeping small beans up that had fallen through the machines , too small, that was where the 43 beans came from. !!! Same applies

I haven't experienced anything like this and hope I never do

A couple of things seem strange to me.

1. I'm sure they pack the salads in store and seal straight away.

2. The salads have a very short life around 4 days and has to be kept refrigerated.

3. I'm pretty sure with being kept in a fridge the rodent wouldn't have decomposed that quick.

4. The salad bags weigh near nothing I'm sure if I picked up a bag and a mouse was in it you would know.

5. She said it was in her fridge for a week , honestly I look for the latest expiry date and it is never longer than 4 days. I used baby spinach and rocket alot.

Maybe she is telling the truth who knows.

I can't wait to see if someone else on Herr has had a similar experience.

In my 61 years I don't know anyone who has

By buying pre packed goods you are asking for little " extras " in the packets, as these are generally packed by machines and who is to see the little extra in the filling ??? Don't blame the store, blame yourself for buying this stuff pre packed literally off the ground. In PNG many years ago someone asked the manager of a coffee plantation where a coffee place got it's 43 beans from, he pointed to the girl who was sweeping small beans up that had fallen through the machines , too small, that was where the 43 beans came from. !!! Same

I'm glad Australia has stricter rules than other countries

Reactions: Zoya and Ricci

Buy all your ingredients fresh and make yourself. Ugh!

Oh FFS, get a life. Sh*t happens, If this sort of thing leaves you traumatised and rattled I hope nothing really bad happens in your life. So you got more than you paid for, can I suggest you quietly take it up with the store involved and not splash it all over the internet for other people to get traumatised by.:rolleyes:

Australia has some of the strictest food safety standards globally. Occasionally some issues occur. The production/packing facilities produce products for all of the major retail outlets. In this instance, Woolworths and their supplier would have investigated the complaint within 24 hrs of receiving it. Corrective actions would have been implemented. A few side points, had the consumer opened the bag prior to the 15th August when the photos were taken? If the piece of protein entered the packaging at the production facility where is the rest of the foreign body? Why would the consumer ‘open’ the bag of greens on the date of expiry? Continue buying Australian produce/food products over any imported products

The fresh food people NOT they keep some stock in warehouse freezers for months at a time this is really a false claim that they advertise and should not be allowed to use that term

Reactions: Ricci
I always wash everything I eat, even meat, any kind of meat!!
As for the bagged mixed salad, I chose the leaves one by one, then wash the good ones in a lot of water 🤣🤣🤣
I don’t trust what is in the bags. I’ve seen people put them straight from the bag into the bowl 😝😝

I always wash everything I eat, even meat, any kind of meat!!
As for the bagged mixed salad, I chose the leaves one by one, then wash the good ones in a lot of water 🤣🤣🤣
I don’t trust what is in the bags. I’ve seen people put them straight from the bag into the bowl 😝😝
I thought everyone washed all their salad vegies and fruit 🤔

Would the Kale and Spinach count as meat and two veg?

🤢

Reactions: Tervueren and Ricci
Hi. I don't think we need to be shocked with messages like "look what we discovered" etc. i a supermarket! Rodents can infiltrate just about anywhere and if you don't think they aren't in your own home be prepared for a surprise! Also if you consider the hundreds or thousands (or millions) of packaged goods produced, to find remnants in 1 bag of lettuce is no big deal. Take it back to the supermarket - they be happy to replace or refund. Food producers have excellent standards but for one slip they are harranged and blasted on social media. They're in a no-win situation. That's my rant for the day. Manicbat.